MY GT ELDAR ARMY 1500PTS (new codex) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MY GT ELDAR ARMY 1500PTS (new codex)

My Eldar army is what im taking to the GT next year. I need some comments.

Lord

Autrach
    WJG
    Scorpion Chainsword
    Fusion Gun
    Manciblasters
    TOTAL=120pts

Farseer
    Singing Spear
    Doom, Eldrithic Storm

Elites

10 Fire Dragons
    Exarch
    Firepike
    Tank Hunter
    Crack Shot
    TOTAL=200pts

6 Striking Scorpions
    Exarch
    Scorpions Claw
    Shadowstrike
    Stalker
    TOTAL=145pts

Wave Serpant

Core

10 Dire Avengers
    Exarch
    Diresword
    Bladestorm EP
    x2
    TOTAL=314pts

Fast Attack

5 Warp Spiders
    Exarch
    Spinneret Rifle
    Powerblades
    Suprise Assault
    x3
    TOTAL=441pts

Heavy Support

Fire Prism
    Spirit Stones
    x2
    TOTAL=240pts

GRAND TOTAL=1496PTS

There we go...please comment

Last edited by Lost Nemesis; November 16th, 2006 at 22:04.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Hi Herman.

I'd like to direct you to something wonderful, called the forum rules. A link to them is in my signature, and I very, very much suggest you click it and read them.

Because they would tell you that posting individual points costs is against the forum rules, as you had just posted. Totals are okay, though. I went ahead and editted your post. Use that as an example.

Thank you.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

I assume the fire dragons are in the wave serpent. You don't need a full squad of 10 - it's total overkill. Drop them down to 6 or so and get their wave serpent spirit stones (you don't specify exactly what this has). Use you other spare points to get spirit stones for the farseer, too - there is little point having two powers if you can't use both.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Li's Incarnate View Post
    My Eldar army is what im taking to the GT next year. I need some comments.

Lord

Autrach
    WJG
    Scorpion Chainsword
    Fusion Gun
    Manciblasters
    TOTAL=120pts

Farseer
    Singing Spear
    Doom, Eldrithic Storm
    Drop Eldrich storm, and drop the Autarch all together. The points are needed else where.

Elites

10 Fire Dragons
    Exarch
    Firepike
    Tank Hunter
    Crack Shot
    TOTAL=200pts

6 Striking Scorpions
    Exarch
    Scorpions Claw
    Shadowstrike
    Stalker
    TOTAL=145pts

Wave Serpant
    Okay, the FD exarch doesn't need crack shot or the firepike, and realistically doesn't need tank hunter (therefore isn't needed himself). The scorpions need to be filled out. The Serpent needs spirit stones at least, and probably vector engines.

Core

10 Dire Avengers
    Exarch
    Diresword
    Bladestorm EP
    x2
    TOTAL=314pts
    I'm not completely sold on bladestorm or DA exarch's yet, but try it out.

Fast Attack

5 Warp Spiders
    Exarch
    Spinneret Rifle
    Powerblades
    Suprise Assault
    x3
    TOTAL=441pts
    These need more bodies. I know what you're trying to do, but right now they'll test after just two casualties. Keep in mind, the exarch isn't going to be able to wound much with his low S, so powerblades isn't necessarilly a great option (though it's nor horrible either).

Heavy Support

Fire Prism
    Spirit Stones
    x2
    TOTAL=240pts
    These will become much less useful (Against MEQs) if you loose one so I'm in the group of not caring for 'em to much, but try them out and see what you think.
    Everything I have told you, even this, is a lie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Autarch: He serves little purpose in the army you have right now, I think I would be good to drop him.

As was said before, your fire dragon exarch is useless. Drop him.

Eldritch Storm is still a a pretty bad psychic power and sice you don't have spirit stones it serves even less of a purpose- go ahead and get rid of that too.

Now you have 184 points to work with:

I think another squad of Striking Scorpions would be a good choice.

I like the fire prisms. Its true that if you lose one, you'll be in trouble against MEQs but even then that's a big if. With 60" range i don't think you'll be in much danger in most scenarios. If there is a scenario where you would have difficulty getting LOS from long range, give the prisms the addition of holo-field. That pretty much guarantees that you'll have them the entire game.
    Kai Shin Craftworld (Biel Tan / Ulthwe) 5000 pts
    Emperor's Children 2000 pts
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

on the contrary with what everyone else is saying. they RULE. i just played my first game against a person with new eldar. the auarch was sweetly converted with a scorpion chainsword and swooping hawk wings plus a fusion gun. i tried to have my lord kill him. I PUT 206 POINTS INTO HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to make the long story that would obviously bore everyone to death short, my guy died. we struk in initiative order because i used Furious charge and i would have IDed him but I MISSED!! ALL 10 ATTACKS!! he came back and some how i rolled 6 ones for my 2+ armour save. SIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that certainly killed him and then some. any how that guy took out at least 1000-1100points of my 200 point army. but my point is that any autarch can rule if you kit him out right. i think also one reason that he died was because my lord was doomed from the start of the turn if you get what i mean.

Autarch: give him swooping hawk wings. freed up 5 points
    farseer: drop eldricth. yes i know it is the awesomest in dawn of war the game, but in the real game it aint that good. give him spirit stones and guide.

FD: make it 6 strong. drop the exarch
    Scorpions: max them out. drop the scorpion claw for biting blade. just trust me. no i am not crazy. unless you are playing COD dont bother with stalker

DA: good

warp spiders: no no no. drop them for 2x shining spears with an exarch with a star lance and withdraw. that way they can get into combat and get out making use of there S6 power weapons. if you want to you can make an autarch to accompany them too. make sure that you save points for when you see this(*)

Fire prisms: beautiful!

(*)add a falcon for your dragons instead of there wave serpents. give spirit stones and a star cannon for some more shots. if you don't have the points you can use a scatter laser as well because this guy only hits on average half of the time.

preety good list other wise.
    Zoe: Doesn't the bible say something specific about killing?
    Preacher: Yes, but it's somewhat fuzzy on the subject of kneecaps.
    -Firefly

+ Reply to Thread