Concept: 1000 pt.Eldar Invulnerable cheese - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Concept: 1000 pt.Eldar Invulnerable cheese

1000pts was just arbitrary, this should work on a smaller scale
    Here's how it works: Farseers join their respective squads of jetbikes and they turbo boost almost every turn with fortune cast, thus giving them rerollable invulnerable save that work 8 out of 9 times. These bikes will take and contest objectives, while the fire prisms will dish out the damage. The opposing army will be at a loss as to what to do.

Of course, in the unlikely event that something does go wrong, the list seems pretty capable of handling an army without using this strategy.

Farseer 118
    Jetbike
    Fortune
    Singing Spear

Farseer 118
    Jetbike
    Fortune
    Singing Spear

3 Jetbikes 76
    1 Shuriken Cannon

6 Jetbikes 152
    2 Shuriken Cannon

Fire Prism 180
    Holo Field
    Spirit Stones
    Vectored Engines

Fire Prism 180
    Holo Field
    Spirit Stones
    Vectored Engines

Fire Prism 180
    Holo Field
    Spirit Stones
    Vectored Engines

TOTAL: 1004

Last edited by hsin_dragon; November 17th, 2006 at 16:58.
    Kai Shin Craftworld (Biel Tan / Ulthwe) 5000 pts
    Emperor's Children 2000 pts
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

absolutley naff mate, it may be effective against some assault armies, but anything with any fire power will drop the prisms by turn three and concentrate on one of the squads, since you are turbo boosting you are not going to be killing anything, if you dont then you will get shot up, I would expect, by the end of the game you will have one, pretty much untouched squad left, he will have most of his army, your abitlity to hold an objective is nerfed by your requirement to turbo boost, provided he moves to the opbjectives you are going to have to move within his charge range, he will be able to charge you, tieing you in combat and nerfing your inv save
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Two units and two tanks in a 1000 pts game is always very, very risky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see..

But how is an opposing army supposed to take out fast skimmers with holo fields, spirit stone, vectored engines, and a range weapon only exceeded by ordinance in range by turn 3?
    Kai Shin Craftworld (Biel Tan / Ulthwe) 5000 pts
    Emperor's Children 2000 pts
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

By being necrons.
    -lurking in the shadows of LO.

Officially diagnosed by Tekore
    Melkhior, Necrarch Lord

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

By using long range weaponry that can hurt them (Str6 or better) on them, try avoiding land speeder tempests with heavy bolters and assault cannons trying to get to your rear armour whislt keeping away from his other guns for example, by deep striking troops with melta guns or plasma guns, in the mean time his unitsw that really lack efect move to and hold all objectives, your bikes, however fast they move, need to move within charge range if they want the objectives, once they do that they are tied into combat which if they win, they are probably still dead.

If you want to do fire support in this way, drop the bike numbers, hugely, to be honest I would prefer falcons to prisms, but actualy it aint far off Siam hann, drop one of the tanks, drop the bike squads to size 6 at the mosts, despite the re roll business, probably drop one of the farseers, or both and replace with an autarch, then throw in cheaper fire support (vypers or war walkers, the former probably being fluffier)

For example, dropping one farseer, dropping both bike squads to 6 bodies and then splitting one (the other has the farser with it, gives you close to 400 points, this then adds 6 vypers (3 squads of 2) with shuriken canon and shuricats upgraded to to cannons, adding a further 36 shots at the strength of shuriken cannon, and presents him with far more things to have to bring down, and you still have a decent bike squad with a farseer to hit anythign weakened by your fire power and contest an objective, this can be supported by one of the smaller bike squads if you need to, but that should be around turn 4 or 5

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by hsin_dragon
    But how is an opposing army supposed to take out fast skimmers with holo fields, spirit stone, vectored engines, and a range weapon only exceeded by ordinance in range by turn 3?
    THey could, like Cheredanine suggested, use skill or why not pure luck? Those tanks are, even after the awsome wargear, possible to take down with one shot. Indirect fireing Defiler comes to mind.
    Inflitrating Havocs with Autocannons would also be rather efficient I suppose.
    Oh, and the range will not be so much of an issue in a 1000 pts game as they are to be played on a 4x4 board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By shooting them.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x3)

Personally, I'd drop a unit of jetbikes, split the other unit into 2, and get a third fire prism.

I disagree that they'll drop the tanks by turn 3, people have problems dropping one falcon (fire prism equivalent) in 2,000 points even if falcons are the only tanks you have. Chaos might be a problem, but most of the other armies wouldn't worry me overly much (being more designed to punch through strong armor as opposed to fast armor).
    Everything I have told you, even this, is a lie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

411 (x8)

Kate, based on my 1000 points of marines, I would be shooting, at the two prisms, each turn, 3x twin linked las cannons, 4x missile launchers, 2 x heavy plasma guns, 1xassault cannon, I would gues as 6 glancing hits in the first turn, staistically that is one tank dead and one tank with weapon destroyed/imobalised, turn 2 I can either finished the downed tank with only shuricats left or ignore it and start on the bikes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast