750 tyranid list, Improvements? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

750 tyranid list, Improvements?

Ok here is my 750 nid list, i have tested this baby out in quite a few 4 way 750 battles, facing eldar, marines, necrons, orks and chaos. So far remains undefeated. Please tell me if this is list is considered cheese or if there are any improvements that can be made.

Hive tyrant - 2 x devourers, enhanced senses 101

4 Warriors - rending, extended carapace, enhanced senses
    with 3 deathspitters and a venom cannon 139

10 Genestealers - extended carapace 200

2 x 10 Gaunts - Devourers 2 x 70

Zoanthrope - Warp blast 55

Carnifex - enhanced senses, 2 x twinlinked devourers, flesh hooks 114
    total = 749pts

Also i often replace my shooty warriors with combat warriors worth the same points. These being
    4 warriors - rending, scything, leaping, extended carapace for 140 pts
    But i prefer using shooting warriors, mainly because well i love them, and i already have those models and means i dont have to by more warriors.

please give suggestions and please comment wether this list is cheese or not

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

please move this to the army list sections, or delete. I apologize for being a blithering retard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

Id lose the zoanthrope, he's just not worth it on his own and buy a guard instead to give your tyrant some survivability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by macewind View Post
    Id lose the zoanthrope, he's just not worth it on his own and buy a guard instead to give your tyrant some survivability.
    I actually like the zoanthrope, but I think he's only really worth it if you give him Synapse Creature. (your list could use a little more synapse anyways).

I would downgrade one of your devgaunt broods for the points, and upgrade the zoanthrope.

Besides that, this is a nice list. The Tyrant might be better off with longer-ranged weapons since he's walking, but I don't use shooty tyrants so I don't actually know what I'm talking about.
    Armies:
    Tyranids: 2500 pts
    Imperial Guard: 1000 pts
    Witch Hunters: 1000 pts

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    252 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by Crump View Post
    please move this to the army list sections, or delete. I apologize for being a blithering retard
    No biggie.

Thread moved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Crump View Post
    Don't be so hard on yourself. It's an honest mistake.

As for your list... I'm not a big fan of Devourers on anything smaller than a Hive Tyrant. You'd probably perform better with Termagants (Gaunts with Fleshborers) then with Devourers. Fleshborers have a reasonably high chance of killing marines that more than makes up for their 'lack' of shots. The only real advantage from Devourers is range. I suppose that does count in small point games vs. opponents with short ranged weaponry, but I still cringe a little at the price.

If they work for you, though, keep them. It may be worth your while to try out Fleshborers in a small point game, though, as that gets you more numbers (which is always worthwhile).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah some interesting suggestions. In reference to the tyrant gaurd, i've considered that, but as it is my fellow gamers have a bit of a hard time downing 8 toughness 6 wounds so out of fairness i think ill keep him without the gaurd
    The thrope is a damn fun unit for me, he either doesnt make his points back or contribute at all, or he REALLY makes his points back. So i think that giving him synapse will give him another worthwhile purpose, as at the moment he is really my only anti tank. To make up the points i may consider dropping enhanced senses for the ol tyrant. It means only 9 will hit as opposed to 10 or closer to 11 though, so it will work out perfectly if i do in fact downgrade one of the devourer squads to fleshborers, and lose the useless flesh hooks on the carnifex. The reason i have been reluctant to take flesh borers is simply the range 12. That really makes me cringe, but i havent tried it out so hey, maybe it will work.
    The thing that makes me hesitant, is that statistically just over 3 wounds will be inflicted by 10 devourer gaunts, on a marine that is. Where as with 10 flesh borer gaunts 3.75 wounds will be inflicted, that is an incredibly marginal increase in my eyes. Then again the ap 5 may come in handy against gaurd and gaurdians. So ill try them babies out.
    In regards to the Hive tyrant and carni having short range, that may be true but because that is assault it means on a 48 by 48 board and deploying 18 inches away from each other via the cleanse mission rules it is very rare that the hive tyrant or carni is out of range. But it does make me wonder how it would fare in other scenarios.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah some interesting suggestions. In reference to the tyrant gaurd, i've considered that, but as it is my fellow gamers have a bit of a hard time downing 8 toughness 6 wounds so out of fairness i think ill keep him without the gaurd
    The thrope is a damn fun unit for me, he either doesnt make his points back or contribute at all, or he REALLY makes his points back. So i think that giving him synapse will give him another worthwhile purpose, as at the moment he is really my only anti tank. To make up the points i may consider dropping enhanced senses for the ol tyrant. It means only 9 will hit as opposed to 10 or closer to 11 though, so it will work out perfectly if i do in fact downgrade one of the devourer squads to fleshborers, and lose the useless flesh hooks on the carnifex. The reason i have been reluctant to take flesh borers is simply the range 12. That really makes me cringe, but i havent tried it out so hey, maybe it will work.
    The thing that makes me hesitant, is that statistically just over 3 wounds will be inflicted by 10 devourer gaunts, on a marine that is. Where as with 10 flesh borer gaunts 3.75 wounds will be inflicted, that is an incredibly marginal increase in my eyes. Then again the ap 5 may come in handy against gaurd and gaurdians. So ill try them babies out.
    In regards to the Hive tyrant and carni having short range, that may be true but because that is assault it means on a 48 by 48 board and deploying 18 inches away from each other via the cleanse mission rules it is very rare that the hive tyrant or carni is out of range. But it does make me wonder how it would fare in other scenarios.

+ Reply to Thread