750 pt. four way eldar army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

750 pt. four way eldar army

Ok this is a freindly list for facing nids, crons and marines in a four way free for all setting. I'm getting pretty well owned so its no longer really a friendly thing; its about to get personal.

Basicly, i've used this list a few times and it hasn't gone terribly well. The tyranid player takes a dakka fex and a dakka tyrant. Both shoot away all my squads not in transports, and my 6 man banshee squad cant really hold their own alone. Any comments or alterations would be appretiated. And without any further adu, here it is:

1 x Farseer
    -doom
    =80pts

8 x Striking Scorpions
    -extarch
    -claw
    -stalker
    -shadow strike
    =180pts

6 x Banshees (these are mounted in falcon)
    =96pts

10 x guardians
    -starcannon
    =105

10 x Dire Avengers
    -extarch
    -double catapults
    -blade storm
    =152pts

1 x Falcon
    -Starcannon
    -Pulse laser
    =140pts

Total: 753pts

Please rip it to sheds, i dont care if i have to change everything to make it even slightly more effective. Thanks guys.

Last edited by bb02millane; November 20th, 2006 at 07:36. Reason: well, i screwed up

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

Drop the starcannon to a shuriken cannon, that gives you a few points to play with. Invest it in a holo-field and spirit stones for the falcon.

Guardians would usually use a scatter laser but considering the armies you are vsing I think starcannon is better.

How much versatility do you have considering models you own? I think some dark reapers would be great for vsing these opponents.

As for tactics you are going to be desperately trying for close range. Don't boast about any of your units. You are trying to make your units seem small andd insignificant until you get up close. Tyranids (especially with 2 monsters) should be intimidating so with a bit of table banter you should try and convince your opponents to target shooting against the tyranids.

Scorpions will be used to protect you from the tyranids but try not to initiate the assault against them, that will encourage your enemies to shoot at you.

Also you might do better dropping the banshees and having an empty falcon. I'm not sure on this advice though.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks link thats awesome

Yeah i agree on the tank, at least for the first bit. The star cannon is great but it just makes my tank so vunerable. So i've shaved off some points and added the shuriken cannon and the holofield. At least this means it wont die first turn to that dam zoanthrope. I disagree with leaving it empty though. The banshees tend to be the only thing in my army that does anything, and they need the transport.

I tried using a scatter laser with the gaurdians, but it really doesn't pay itself back like the starcannon does. I think if i was gonna go for rate of fire i'd probably just get some more avengers.

At the moment i have basicly the full range of models. I have most of the 3rd edition models, and anything i dont have i can just substitute at the moment. I've played with eldar for quite a while but i took a break and with the new dex im gonna start a new army. I just have to sort out the list i wanna buy first though. Dark reapers sound good. I've thought about it but they always seem a little expensive for a 750, but when i look at it objectively, they're not gonna do any less than the scorpions, lol.

Yeah there is alot of banter, but i've been playing with these guys for years now, everyone knows what's dangerous and what's not. Right now, its the tyranids. i can deal with marines and necrons, but what i cant seem to beat is the combination of a million gaunts and genestealers with two creatures.. Especially creatures that fire 12 shots rerolling hits, rerolling wounds everyturn. Thats like 10 wounds on a squad from the tyrant alone.

Finally i think a problem with my list is the extarches. They are just too expensive for a 750 point game.

Thanks again for the help link. If anyone else has any ideas, ill be glad if you share them.

+ Reply to Thread