1500 Tourny List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Tourny List

Took this list down to my local GW last night and won with a minor victory. It worked relatively nicely against Dark Angels and for the first turn I managed to obliterate a few squads. Only downfall was my lack of manueverability. But such is the way of attempting to escape the wrath of jump pack troups (which still got destroyed after they made my line of firewarriors run away like pansies). The Pirahna's I have here were a little wasted as for the most part I kept it hidden as I was awaiting a deep striking cc dreadnought. I also forgot about its Seeker Missile (Doh!). (It did kill 2 marines at least :wacko: )
    Unfortunately by that time I had moved them out of cover and they both got popped. Fortunately that meant they were not shooting at my hammerheads.

Anyway, here it is.

HQ
    Shas'el, PR/FB/TA/HWMT - 97pts

TROOP
    10 Kroot - 70pts
    10 Kroot - 70pts
    6 Firewarriors - 60pts
    6 Firewarriors - 60pts

ELITE
    XV8 Monat Teamleader, PR/FB/TA/HWMT - 77pts
    6 Stealth Suits - 180pts

FAST
    8 Pathfinders, 3 Rail Rifles, Devilfish, MT/DC - 221pts
    Pirahna Light Skimmer. FB/1xSM/DL - 80pts

HEAVY
    Hammerhead, Rail/BC/MT/DL - 165pts
    Sniper Drone Squad - 80pts

Total: 1499

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Mystweaver View Post
    Took this list down to my local GW last night and won with a minor victory. It worked relatively nicely against Dark Angels and for the first turn I managed to obliterate a few squads. Only downfall was my lack of manueverability. But such is the way of attempting to escape the wrath of jump pack troups (which still got destroyed after they made my line of firewarriors run away like pansies). The Pirahna's I have here were a little wasted as for the most part I kept it hidden as I was awaiting a deep striking cc dreadnought. I also forgot about its Seeker Missile (Doh!). (It did kill 2 marines at least :wacko: )
    Unfortunately by that time I had moved them out of cover and they both got popped. Fortunately that meant they were not shooting at my hammerheads.

Anyway, here it is.

HQ

TROOP
    10 Kroot - 70pts
    10 Kroot - 70pts
    6 Firewarriors - 60pts
    6 Firewarriors - 60pts

ELITE
    6 Stealth Suits - 180pts

FAST
    8 Pathfinders, 3 Rail Rifles, Devilfish, MT/DC - 221pts
    Pirahna Light Skimmer. FB/1xSM/DL - 80pts

HEAVY
    Sniper Drone Squad - 80pts

Total: 1499
    I would quite seriously consider combining both FW squads, lose the pirahnas and give them a DF, I think you will get more use out of the mobile team and DF than two Pirahnas.
    Also lose the railrifles ML hits are way more valuable than 3 shots at BS3 (you can achieve more guiding units with ML's).
    I would also recommend changing 1 of the TL XV8's out to a fireknife multi, just for the long range support (means all your suits are not close up and in danger of getting caught in CC)
    Apart from that seems cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    I would quite seriously consider combining both FW squads, lose the pirahnas and give them a DF, I think you will get more use out of the mobile team and DF than two Pirahnas.
    Also lose the railrifles ML hits are way more valuable than 3 shots at BS3 (you can achieve more guiding units with ML's).
    I would also recommend changing 1 of the TL XV8's out to a fireknife multi, just for the long range support (means all your suits are not close up and in danger of getting caught in CC)
    Apart from that seems cool.

Pretty much was I was thinking during the battle actually. Though the Rail rifles on the pathfinders did manage to kill about 8 marines (out of 18 shots-not bad) so I was happy with their performance!

With regard to the Pirahna, I think I will only ever use one. I like the way their drones cause serious grief. If anything, an assaulting opponent will want to ignore them, but placing them in between the units means they chew up the opponents movement as they go around the drones. If they dont ignore them then thats fine too as it means they have been casualties but have tied up a squad for a turn. Sure enough, you get the drones with a DF, so it depends really. As for the fireknife: I agree... there were a few occasions in this battle where I was out of range of rapid fire/fusion blaster range where I wished I had those extra two shots.

+ Reply to Thread