[400] Cities of Death Competition - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

[400] Cities of Death Competition

Tomorrow I am going to a 40k in 40 minutes informal CoD competition... Sorry it is so short-notice, I didn't even learn about it until yesterday!

I have never played CoD, but I think I know the jist of it. I am hoping the dense cover means my Nids will have an easier time reaching the enemy, although the 40k/40min rules kind of restrict a lot of Nid choices (for example, 'no one can have >2 wounds' means I'm stuck with Warriors for HQ ).

In fact, on further inspection, if I exclude TMC's (>2 W), Zoan's (<3+ Sv), Rippers (>2 W), and all models I don't own... I am left with this:

3 Warriors w/ RC and ST
    1 Ravener w/ RC and ST
    16 GS's w/ EC
    39 Hormies, some with AG(I)

Does anybody have a suggestion for a 400 pt list made from these units? I don't want to use the hormies because of the fragile synapse, but I want to keep my numbers up as well...

Here's a list that I came up with:

3 Warriors w/ ST, RC, Leaping,, FH.............102
    8 GS's ....................................................128
    8 GS's ....................................................128
    1 Ravener............................................... 40

Last edited by Abraham Lincoln; November 24th, 2006 at 21:00.
    Armies:
    Tyranids: 2500 pts
    Imperial Guard: 1000 pts
    Witch Hunters: 1000 pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

Well, didn't get any responses to the list, but I changed it slightly this morning before the competition. Here's what I used:

3 Warriors w/ ST, RC, EC, L....................105
    7 GS's w/ EC, FH......................................147
    7 GS's w/ EC, FH......................................147

I dominated everyone. The competition was 3 cityfight games, 400 points each.

Game 1: Nids versus Imperial Guard.

His list: An HQ with a Commissar, 2 squads with an Autocannon + Missile Launcher (1 in each), and a Sentinel with a flamer. EDIT: Maybe a platoon HQ too, I don't remember they all taste the same

I got first turn. Basically, it went how you would imagine it: I took some casualties at the beginning, a little scary as usual but it wasn't that serious thanks to a little building-hopping. When I charged him, it quickly went downhill for him. He did manage to drag down my warriors with a squad of guardsmen, and wipe out a full squad of genestealers with some heavy fire + a flaming sentinel. But, while this was going on my fresh GS squad wiped him. :sleep:

Game 2: Nids versus Khornate Chaos.

His list: a Leutennant, 2 squads of troops with a p-cannon and a heavy bolter, 1 squad of berserkers

I completely obliterated this guy (no pun intended). Basically, he deployed with a big building in between us, I ran everyone up behind the building, he couldn't draw LOS to hit anything, then he ADVANCED towards me... I charged second turn I think, it was all over third turn. :ninja:

Game 3: Nids versus Blood Angels.

His list: Land speeder, big jetpack-assault-squad, regular squad w/ missile launcher

First turn, I move up, then he blasted me with frag missiles and took out a bunch of GS's (forgot to spread my guys out...). Somehow his jetpack-assault guys also got a 1st turn charge, they frenzied or something. Silly him, he charged a squad of GS's. The rest of my swarm bypassed the combat, confident in the GS's, and charged his other squad. We wiped them out, but the GS's we left with the assault troops actually gave out after a couple turns, leaving his lone p-fist-equipped jetpacked assault captain free to charge back into my squads again... and get clawed to death before getting to strike. He also had a land-speeder, with some kind of twin-missile-launching things, but it was completely ineffective. It basically waited patiently for me to finish off his troops, then I consolidated, moved, and charged it w/ my warriors from 21" away. :yes:

My prize: free chili (vegetarian unfortunately), and now that whole club thinks I'm amazing.
    Last edited by Abraham Lincoln; November 25th, 2006 at 19:45.
    Armies:
    Tyranids: 2500 pts
    Imperial Guard: 1000 pts
    Witch Hunters: 1000 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good job one the wins. The only thing i would have changed with your list if you could would be to take more raveners with rending claws cause these guys can really book it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds to me like an awful lot of people don't know what genestealers are capable of. O'well once they learn there are still more trciks left in the bag for nids.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

Nice work! I wussed out and went shooty with my recent combat patrol list, but yours sounds like it was a lot of fun to play.

+ Reply to Thread