Welcome to Librarium Online!
Farseer-Singing Spear, Jetbike, Doom 110
Dire Avengers (10)-Exarch, x2 Catapaults, bladestorm 152
Dire Avengers (10)-Exarch, Power Weapon and Shimmershield, Defend 162
Swooping Hawks (7)-Exarch, Sunrifle, Sky-leap, Intercept 194
Shining Spears (3)-Exarch, Star lance, Withdraw 167
Dark Reapers (5)-Exarch, Eldar Missile Launcher, Fast Shot, Crack Shot 215
I like the idea of an all aspect army. Reapers take up the high ground and hunt heavy troops and maybe a tank or two. The avengers fleet up the middle, while the Farseer and spears work up the flank. The hawks deepstrike and harass flanks and cause mayhem.
Space Marines are the gateway drug
If everyone makes fun of West Virginia, who does West Virginia make fun of?
id take an autarch
3)there are awsome models
I love Pathfinders.
1. ok, no on the shining spears. I know people like the idea of them, but face the facts, they are way too expensive for the very small role that they play. Unless your friend in fielding a Monstrous Creature, then i see little point in them. For their price you could take em out and add a Fire Prism with a Holo-field and Spirit Stones.
2. Dark reapers, i like them, i really do, but 2 fire prisms will always do better than 5 reapers with an exarch. And the total for the reapers you posted is 227, not 215. Why are 2 Prisms better?
A) 1 Prism can power the other to make the S6 AP3 Large Blast, twin-linked. More dead SM than 10 shots that CAN miss and NOT wound
two S9 AP2 shots or one S10 AP1 Twin-Linked shot is always better than the exarch's two S8 AP3 shots vs. Armor.
C) Fire Prisms can move 12" and still fire, and only be glanced. That way you can start em both behind cover, then pop em out when its your turn (Works if you went first or not). Reapers can just get shot from the begining.
3. I like swooping hawks for IG and Nids, thats just about it. If you arent playing them, dont field swooping hawks, they are VERY easy to kill.
4. Dont put so many points into your Dire Avengers, they are good, but not worth spending all your points on. T3 with a 4+ armor save? again, easy pickins. If you take out all those buffs on the Avengers and minus those very fragile swooping hawks. You can redo your farseer to be Fortune only, and give him as many warlocks with destructor as you can + a wave serpent. Gaurenteed they will do a hell of a lot more damage on the field. They are anti-armor with their (S9 V vehicle) wound on 2+ Witchblades and anti-troop with their S5 AP4 Flame Template Destructors. Hell ive even shot 5 destructors at a pack of 6 Terminators and killed them all. Then they all have a 4+ invul rerollable from fortune? and they can FoF on top of that?! Id say, better than those 16 S3 shots, Deep strike-off-the-board swooping hawks, hahaha.
lol... I'm sure darkreever would understand why I'm laughing.
1. shining spears are worthless are they? so you couldn't care less that a 3++ save will see them into close combat. Then laser lances will kill any enemy with ease. How are they to expensive?
2. dark reapers should always be dropped for fire prisms should they? never mind the pinning value from the missile launcher and that a pair of prisms cost 100 points more. Although Rosario you did forget to factor in the cost of upgrading to the exarch.
3. Your pair of fire prisms would cost much more than this spear exarch.
4. Swooping Hawks can hunt skimmers (the only type of vehicle still used in 40k) and they do have their grenade packs. The hawks can still do plenty of damage even if they are fragile. Also the sunrifle is invaluable as it can put out a flurry of pinning shots.
I agree that swapping out the farseer for a laser lance/jetbike/mandiblaster autarch would be good.
He is trying to make an all aspect army so why would he take an army of warlocks with destructor? each of those warlocks you described costs as much as a terminator anyway and are far less powerful.
Not meaning to sound rude CatSkan9 I understand I've been a little harsh on your advice but there are to many people on this forum who only advise people to make every army list more like their own and to their own tastes. It completely kills the theme behind several armies and turns the eldar into a mindless generic race of identical armies.
Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!
If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.
Kai Shin Craftworld (Biel Tan / Ulthwe) 5000 pts
Emperor's Children 2000 pts
Not to be rude but quite a few of your advices are flawed.
1. Shining Spears are brilliant! They can kill anything with armour really fast. Termies and Marines and all can't stand a charge from them. They can also take on tanks when need be.
2. Two fully equipped Fire Prism cost almost 2 squads of DR.
3. You haven't seen intercept have you? It is VERY good.
4. He didn't spend lots of points on Dires. for 300 points you get 20 guys, able to unleash some 60 S4 Ap5 shots in a turn in need be. Its not very expensive.
I see your point, but then it will waste quite a few shots if you want to use those actions. You'll waste a few S5 or S6 shots every time you are forced to use the exarchs, and the Singing Spear is very short ranged.
Other than the farseer seeming out of place for this list, it looks pretty good as it is.
Catskan9, now I don't mean to be rude or anything but like LordLink I don't get why you would make suggestions that would kill the theme of this list just to make it a bland generic one.
Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
Member of the Fluff Masters Clan
Have you considered an avatar? Aspect warriors don't really need guide or doom (except banshees).
How about a waithlord? I have a converted swooping hawks waithlord (wings on his back are stolen from my bros eldar gothic fleet). Would fit good in your army. Adds toughness and he is very versatile (read near unstoppable unless against praticular counter units).
I feel alot of tension in this thread.
Anyway change the farseer to an autarch and go try it out for heavons sake.
Let us know how it does.