First attempt at Eldar army, 1250 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First attempt at Eldar army, 1250

Ok, so I just picked up the eldar codex today, been reading up on and writing army lists for different armies for the past few weeks, still trying to find one I want to collect.

This is just trying to make a basically well rounded list, and I really enjoy the old seer council idea.

Farseer- 133
    Singing Spear, spirit stones, doom, fortune.

Warlocks- 171
    6 warlocks, 2 singing spears, enhance.

6 scorpions 138
    Exarch with chainswords, shadowstrike and stalker

6 fire dragons- 116
    Exarch with firepike
    In A
    Falcon- 130
    Scatterlaser

10 dire avengers- 152
    exarch with catapaults, bladestorm

10 guardians- 135
    warlock with conceal and scatter laser

10 guardians- 135

Wraithlord- 140
    Wraithsword and bright lance

Should come out to 1250 exactly. I know I didnt get many powers for the warlocks, but I didnt want to spend alot of points there at this small of a list.

The same goes for the falcon and its lack of upgrades.

The dire avengers are there because I LOVE the models and anything that can let loose 32 shots in one turn can do sme serious damage.

Guardian squads are for bodies and the scatter lasers can help them add up some damage.

Wraithlord can aim at armor as it walks, hopefully along with the "seer council" so wraithsight should not be a problem.

I wanted to originally start with a 1000 point list, but I couldnt figure out how to do it and keep the Lord in, I like the model too much not to field it, so I wrote up a 1250.

Thoughts? Comments? Critisizm?

Last edited by MasokisticAngel; November 30th, 2006 at 02:22.

He's coming for you...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MasokisticAngel View Post
    Ok, so I just picked up the eldar codex today, been reading up on and writing army lists for different armies for the past few weeks, still trying to find one I want to collect.

This is sort of a pseduo Ulthwe list.

Farseer- 133
    Singing Spear, spirit stones, doom, fortune.

Warlocks- 171
    6 warlocks, 2 singing spears, enhance.

6 scorpions 138
    Exarch with chainswords, shadowstrike and stalker

6 fire dragons- 116
    Exarch with firepike
    In A
    Falcon- 130
    Scatterlaser

10 dire avengers- 152
    exarch with catapaults, bladestorm

10 guardians- 135

10 guardians- 135

Wraithlord- 140
    Wraithsword and bright lance

Should come out to 1250 exactly. I know I didnt get many powers for the warlocks, but I didnt want to spend alot of points there at this small of a list.

The same goes for the falcon and its lack of upgrades.

The dire avengers are there because I LOVE the models and anything that can let loose 32 shots in one turn can do sme serious damage.

Guardian squads are for bodies and the scatter lasers can help them add up some damage.

Wraithlord can aim at armor as it walks, hopefully along with the "seer council" so wraithsight should not be a problem.

I wanted to originally start with a 1000 point list, but I couldnt figure out how to do it and keep the Lord in, I like the model too much not to field it, so I wrote up a 1250.

Thoughts? Comments? Critisizm?
    I would drop a few if not all of the Warlocks and give your Falcon Holo-Fields and Spirit Stones. The Falcon can take enough upgrades to make it near invincible.

You can take 2 Farseers, each with one power, for just a few extra points over one with Spirit Stones. Since you still have a HQ slot open, I would suggest that.

Also, this isn't a very fluffy Ulthwe army. Ulthwe has few aspect warriors and relies on it's guardians. You have more aspect squads than guardian squads. Also, Dark Reapers tend to fit in with Ulthwe armies extremely well. In the old Ulthwe rules (before the new codex) you had to have at least as many guardian squads as aspect warriors.

You could drop the Fire Dragons and mount a Warlock squad armed with Singing Spears and Witchbades in the Falcon to do the same job.

Looks like a good start though.
    "What do Humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea."
    - Farseer Eldrad Ulthran of Craftworld Ulthwe

+ Reply to Thread