Sa'Cea 7th Air CAV - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sa'Cea 7th Air CAV

HQ: Shas'el ( 97 Pts)
    1 Shas'el - Missle Pod; Hard-wired Multi-tracker; Plasma Rifle; Targeting Array

Elite: Crisis Battlesuit (124 Pts)
    2 Crisis Battlesuit - Missle Pod; Plasma Rifle; Multi-Tracker

Troops: Fire Warrior ( 225 Pts)
    8 Fire Warrior - Pulse Rifle (x8 )
    1 Shas'ui - Bonding Knife; Pulse Rifle
    1 Devilfish - Burst Cannon; Smart Missile System; Targeting Array; Multi-Tracker; Decoy Launchers; Landing Gear

Troops: Fire Warrior ( 225 Pts)
    8 Fire Warrior - Pulse Rifle (x8 ) 1 Shas'ui - Bonding Knife; Pulse Rifle
    1 Devilfish - Burst Cannon; Smart Missile System; Targeting Array; Multi-Tracker; Decoy Launchers; Landing Gear

Troops: Kroot (91 Pts)
    9 Kroot - Kroot Rifle (x9)
    1 Kroot Shaper - Kroot Rifle

Fast Attack: Piranha Light Skimmer ( 70 Pts)
    1 Piranha Light Skimmer
    Fusion Blaster (x1); Gun Drones (x1); Targeting Array (x1)
    2 Gun Drones
    Twin Linked Pulse Carbines

Heavy Support: Hammerhead Gunship (165 Pts)
    1 Hammerhead Gunship
    Railgun; Two Burst Cannons; Targeting Array; Multi-Tracker; Decoy Launchers; Landing Gear

Total Roster Cost: 997

I have played this list a few times with good results. I do struggle with necrons, but the guy I play agaisnts has sold his soul to satan for the amount of 4+ wbb rolls he makes. Comments and criticisms welcome. I tried to keep this list Fluffy, and with good composition, in case I ever take it to a low point HoH tourney. With 3 troop choices and one of everything else, I better not get knocked on list comp.

This is also going to be my footwork for larger point lists. I think I did a good enough job at tailoring this army to meet most threats. Maybe not the more cheesy, all termie lists or what not but most other all comer lists.

Basically everything has its own role,

Commander and the Crisis team will work together for busting up termies and other hard infantry, and light transports

Firewarriors are spot dropped infantry killers, dropped where I need them, hopefully in tandem to eliminate a single threat in a single go. the same goes with the kroot, they will infiltrate into hopefully good terrain and set up for the enemy advance.

The piranha will lurk around hunting enemy armor, or helping to grab last minute table quaters or objectives.

Well the hammerhead will be on heavy armor infantry duty.

Last edited by Xartus; December 1st, 2006 at 22:29.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x2)

I like the list in general, so any advice is really just going to be my personal preference:

I like the crisis suit layout, but I might think about doing 1 thing:
    try to come up with 30 points to make each crisis a bs 4 TmLd. I just love hitting on 3s instead of 4s, and I've found it makes them much scarier. Plus, it adds a few more points to the scoring ability of these guys.

To do this, I might drop the shaper from the kroot, saving 21 points. I find 70 point kroot squads to be more than enough for what I want them to do. The other 9 are a bit harder to find. In the end, I would the shas'ui and BK from the firewarriors as they should just be riding around and firing their guns mostly, and not out in the open and shooting, saving 15 more points (total 36) and as the list only totals 997, you have 3 more, yielding 39.

So taking away 30 for the two team leaders, you have 9 left... I'm not sure what to do there.

Anyway, that's my advice, take it or leave it. Good solid list overall, just a few spots of excess that could be trimmed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Listen up you primitive screwheads ... see this ... this is my BOOM-stick!" - Ash

"I told you, it's not Pink! It's Light Red!" Donut on his new power-armor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pverall I could possibly drop the shaper, he is there basically to keep the kroot in line seeing the low model count will drive them to run if coaught in the open. He is droppable though.

The Firewarriors with the shas'ui I am a little reluctant at dropping because I have had some terrible experiences with taking say 5 casualties over two turns and having the remaining 4 run off the table because they had to test on Ld6 and they couldn't regroup. effectively killing off 40 more points in models. I ended up spending the 15 pts for the 'ui and bonding to help save the remaining models from running off the table.

I did think of splitting the crisis up and it is very feasalbe, the only reason I didn't do it was because I wanted to keep my FOC chart slots use to a minimum for list comp. Although I could easily break them up in a friendly game for kicks.

Thanks for all the comments , they have been taken on board and are valuable.

EDT: Edited for grammatical errors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So no other comments?

So I played this list again last night, and I was pretty pleased with the results.

I played 1000pts of nids, and massacred them, my buddy whom i played against was a little pissed every time the piranha moved right alongside my devilfish transports. He was pretty suprized how well it performed. As we had a discussion on how he thought it would be useless against nids.

I played 1000pts od biel tan eldar, and massacred them. In his defence he really didnt have too much anti tank, besides his warp spiders, avatar, and swooping hawks. Those three were exterminated as quickly as possible. The new Avatar is extremely resilient with the new codex though. It took almost my entire army to bring it down in a single turn. Tough little customer if you ask me.

Oh I also had a buddy of mine tell me there was no purpose for kroot in the list. He watched me play the City fight game against the eldar. The Kroot infiltrated into a building, where they got that nice 4+ cover save and once my buddy moved his guardians in LOS of that building they started dropping in droves. Then with the firewarriors rushing up and supporting the kroot, they continued to cut wholes in his troops from up on top of that building. I think that game the kroot managed to successfully wipe out a squad of dire avengers and knock out quite a few guardians. Not bad for the 91 points I paid for them.
    Last edited by Xartus; December 3rd, 2006 at 23:07.

+ Reply to Thread