Working on 1500 Saim-Hann, Friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

Working on 1500 Saim-Hann, Friendly

Ok so I am still going through different lists trying to decide what sort of eldar army I want. I really like the Saim-Hann paint scheme and fluff. So here goes.

Autarch
    Eldar Jetbike
    Mandiblasters
    Laser Lance
    Fusion Gun

6x Guardian Jetbikes
    2x Shurican Cannons

6x Guardian Jetbikes
    2x Shurican Cannons

6x Guardian Jetbikes
    2x Shurican Cannons

5x Shining Spears
    Exarch with Starlance
    Withdraw

5x Shining Spears
    Exarch with Starlance
    Withdraw

ok so so far this list adds up to exactly 1050, and I cant decide what else I want in it. I was thinking about some vypers with starcannons and a farseer with guide following them around. Or maybe I should just get a falcon and a fireprism? Any suggestions and help are very welcome.

"I am the architect of fate!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Warlocks for your Guardian Jetbike squads would be helpful - throw them a Singing Spear, and Conceal, and you've got some more anti-tank and some added durability.

After that, I'd definitely suggest a few Vypers and a Falcon or two for the fluff factor, and the Falcon can help vs. MEQs and vs. tanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

172 (x7)

whats a good weapon kit for the falcon? because im not sure what to give them with their mediocre BS

Also does anyone else play Saim-Hann style eldar? cuz I want to know if they can be pretty effective while being fun.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Demandred View Post
    whats a good weapon kit for the falcon? because im not sure what to give them with their mediocre BS
    I've always thought either the Eldar Missile Launcher, for the extra high strength shot, or the Starcannon, to make it a MEQ killer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

172 (x7)

Ok here is the full Saim-Hann list:

Autarch
    Eldar Jetbike
    Mandiblasters
    Laser Lance
    Fusion Gun

6x Guardian Jetbikes
    Jetbike Warlock w/ Singing Spear
    2x Shurican Cannons

6x Guardian Jetbikes
    Jetbike Warlock w/ Singing Spear
    2x Shurican Cannons

6x Guardian Jetbikes
    2x Shurican Cannons

5x Shining Spears
    Exarch with Starlance
    Withdraw

5x Shining Spears
    Exarch with Starlance
    Withdraw

Falcon
    Starcannon
    Upgraded Shurican Cannon
    Vectored Engines
    Holofield
    Spirit Stones

Fire Prism
    Vectored Engines
    Sprit Stones

This has me at 1506 pts, I would like to get a 3rd warlock in the last jetbike squad and get the list down to 1500 pts but i dont know how to go about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

172 (x7)

Ok, I think I am gonna drop the Prism because I just realised I am basically paying over 140pts for an improved lascannon.

Without the Prism I am at 1361 pts. any suggestions on what to do with those points? I Think I want a warlock in the third squad of jetbikes with a S.spear and i think I should put conceal on the three warlocks to make the squads more durable.

But any other suggestions are welcome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

You might have trouble with swarm armies as saim han are always outnumbered. Maybe you should add a couple vypers with scatter lasers and shuriken cannons, it is very fluffy and it will add alot of shots and help thin the herd. Also with all those shots...MEQs have to fail their save sometime...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My List for Reference

Personally if your going to go for the full in your face Saim-Hann, I would suggest these units. Equip units as you like. I'm just giving examples. Use the new Codex Eldar.

HQ
    Autarch

Farseer

Elites
    Howling Banshees
    Exarch
    Wave Serpent

Troops
    Guardian Jetbikes

Guardian Jetbikes

Fast Attack
    Swooping Hawks

Shining Spears
    Exarch

Heavy Support
    Fire Prism

Take the Farseer and the Autarch and have them join the Shining Spears unit. First turn send the Swooping Hawks into the skies with Skyleap, and second turn bring them in on a 3+. Mount Twin-Linked Brightlances on the Wave Serpent. Your core unit is the Shining Spear/Farseer/Autarch. Before they go charging into combat have the Farseer cast Doom on the intended unit and then charge in with S6 power weapons. Swooping Hawks if I remember correctly have Haywire Grenades, so you can use them if your afraid of Imperial Tanks and such. The Fire Prism, I use is mainly for killing swarms with the Large Blast option on the Prism Cannon. And don't forget to upgrade as many Shuriken Cannons as possible. It never hurts to have an extra three S6 shots coming from your army. You can always replace the Swooping Hawks with a couple of Vypers if you feel the need to have more heavy weapons on the table.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

First off if you take a missle launcher on a falcon you'll be firing at S4 until you lose the main gun since you can't fire 2 S8 weapons unless you sit still, not an option for the falcon. And vectored engines probably aren't worth it unless you're transporting something.

The biggest risk I see in the list is a shortage of anti tank/armor. Otherwise you're relying on getting your autarch or shinging spears into charge range successfully. And that can be hard. You could try it under the belief that your bikes should either be in CC, hidden, or turbo boosting. Meaning that a battlecannon isn't that huge of a problem.

I'd be tempted to go with fire prisms with holofields instead of vectored engines. You'd definitly want multiples of them. I'm away from my book but you might be able to fit three of them in. Maybe by not giving one of the any upgrades, and maybe have that one hide the whole game and just boost the others.

Prisms also give you some very nice anti horde.

I think it could work well, jetbikes can keep out of trouble pretty well and are cheap for what they are, and I've had good luck with spears. Though I fortune them with a farseer.

ex-tookool126 DieHardSaintKildaSupporter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should get Chered on this as he is the pro in this field, but grab a pair of prism for anti tank. And I'd drop a batch of spears for warpies as they really complement the spears 2 deadly units using hit and run is very deadly.
    Signed Sealed Saint
    Fortius Quo Fidelius

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast