New Eldar Player 1,300pt List (no vehicle) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

New Eldar Player 1,300pt List (no vehicle)

HQ
    Farseer
    .. Spirit Stones
    .. Guide
    .. Fortune

Farseer
    .. Spirit Stone
    .. Doom
    .. Fortune

Fortune and Guide are for the Guardian Squads so they may last longer and be able to take on the anti-tank role. Doom is for the Avenger squad so they can do more wounds with Bladestorm on.

Elite
    10xStriking Scorpions
    .. Exarch
    .... Claw
    .... Shadowstrike

They serve two roles: 1) My Scorpions are not actually going to infiltrate anywhere close to the enemy line, they are going to act as counter-charge and be deployed last (infiltrate) near my defense line so they can work better with the Avengers should they get charged. 2) They may infiltrate close to the enemy if they are playing static shooting style and work together with the Spiders.

Troop
    10xGuardians
    .. Bright Lance
    .. Warlock
    .... Conceal

10xGuardians
    .. Bright Lance
    .. Warlock
    .... Conceal

My only real anti-tank option, backed up with guide and fortune.

10xDire Avengers
    .. Exarch
    .... Dual Catapult
    .... Bladestorm

Mid-Range anti infantry.

Fast
    8x Warp Spiders
    .. Exarch
    .... Dual Spinner
    .... Withdrawal

Harass and mop up remaining models.

Heavy
    4x Dark Reapers
    .. Exarch
    .... Missile
    .... Crack Shot

Long-Range anti infantry.

Total: 1296
    Model Count: 64

I notice I'll be having trouble facing Imperial Guard army with such a list, as the battalion of tanks will probably shred me to pieces. I also lack the fire power to take on horde army, unless I play my guardians right to unleash their catapults before my opponent charge me. :x Any suggestions?

Anima Tactics - try it out!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ
    Farseer
    .. Spirit Stones
    .. Guide
    .. Fortune

Farseer
    .. Spirit Stone
    .. Doom
    .. Fortune

Fortune and Guide are for the Guardian Squads so they may last longer and be able to take on the anti-tank role. Doom is for the Avenger squad so they can do more wounds with Bladestorm on.

Elite
    10xStriking Scorpions
    .. Exarch
    .... Claw
    .... Shadowstrike

They serve two roles: 1) My Scorpions are not actually going to infiltrate anywhere close to the enemy line, they are going to act as counter-charge and be deployed last (infiltrate) near my defense line so they can work better with the Avengers should they get charged. 2) They may infiltrate close to the enemy if they are playing static shooting style and work together with the Spiders.

Troop
    10xGuardians
    .. Bright Lance
    .. Warlock
    .... Conceal

10xGuardians
    .. Bright Lance
    .. Warlock
    .... Conceal

My only real anti-tank option, backed up with guide and fortune.

10xDire Avengers
    .. Exarch
    .... Dual Catapult
    .... Bladestorm

Mid-Range anti infantry.

Fast
    8x Warp Spiders
    .. Exarch
    .... Dual Spinner
    .... Withdrawal

Harass and mop up remaining models.

Heavy
    4x Dark Reapers
    .. Exarch
    .... Missile
    .... Crack Shot

Long-Range anti infantry.

Total: 1296
    Model Count: 64

I notice I'll be having trouble facing Imperial Guard army with such a list, as the battalion of tanks will probably shred me to pieces. I also lack the fire power to take on horde army, unless I play my guardians right to unleash their catapults before my opponent charge me. Any suggestions?
    so lets start with your anti tank-you should definetly take swooping hawks ex.skyleap, sunrifle, and intercept, and drop the warp spiders(edit) here's the url

not only will this raise your anti-tank(swooping hawks are great anti-tank believe it or not) it will also help against horde armies, with thier pie plates. Another great feature is that they can enter and leave the map in the same turn, i will edit later with link to forum on how

personaly i don't like guardians, and a BL with them is not that great, you might consider dopping one for banshees(anti-MEQ) also a great counter charger

well just some of my thoughts, hope it helps

Last edited by Kaleo101; December 5th, 2006 at 05:54.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleo101 View Post
    not only will this raise your anti-tank(swooping hawks are great anti-tank believe it or not) it will also help against horde armies, with thier pie plates. Another great feature is that they can enter and leave the map in the same turn, i will edit later with link to forum on how
    I'm not positive, but I disagree. I don't think Swooping Hawks can enter AND leave the battlefield in the same turn. Deep Striking would normally make it so that the Swooping hawks would not be able to move. Sky Leap takes place during the movement phase. Therefore, I don't think they can perform both in the same turn. Tell me if I'm missing something important.
    "What do Humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea."
    - Farseer Eldrad Ulthran of Craftworld Ulthwe

+ Reply to Thread