Librarium Online Forums banner

First Eldar list at 1850 pts! =D

868 views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  Captain America 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, the codex came in today. Alllllright! So here is my first list. Meaning that it probably is a dismal failure. :lol: But that's what commentary is for! I think that I might enjoy the concept of aspect warriors too much. :shifty: I might have alternate, shootier lists. However, I like my aspect warriors getting some for now. Enjoy, and have at it!

Some first glances at my own list have questioning the use of 2 HQs, not having enough firepower and the usefulness of 8 hawks rather than 6...

Eldar 1850 points

HQ - 183 pts

Autarch - 120 pts
Swooping hawk wings, mandiblasters, power weapon, fusion gun.

Farseer - 163 pts (!)
Singing spear, jetbike, runes of witnessing, spirit stones, doom, mind war.

The autarch supports wherever he is needed, slicing monkeigh spines or popping tanks alike. The farseer will support the advance of the banshees and scorpions, dooming and such.

ELITES - 640 pts

10 Striking Scorpions - 212 pts
Exarch w/ scorpion chainsword and scorpion's claw, stalker and shadowstrike.
9 striking scorpions.

6 Fire Dragons - 121 pts
Exarch w/ fire pike and crack shot.
5 fire dragons.

10 Howling Banshees - 352 pts (holy... crap)
Exarch w/ executioner, war shout and acrobatic.
9 howling banshees.
Wave serpent w/ vectored engines, star engines, spirit stones, twin-linked scatter lasers.

The scorpions infilrate and attack targets of opportunity. The fire dragons hitch a ride on the falcon, praying to be overlooked until its too late. The banshees ride their incredibly expensive wave serpent to the enemy lines, disembark in cover (hopefully) and have at the bag guys. Hopefully they can get some terminators and the like as notches on their belts.

TROOPS - 338 pts

10 Dire Avengers - 169 pts
Exarch w/ dire sword, shuriken pistol and bladestorm.
9 dire avengers.

10 Dire Avengers - 169 pts
Exarch w/ dire sword, shuriken pistol and bladestorm.
9 dire avengers.

I've never spent so little on troops in a 1850 pt list, but there is a first time for everything. I am still wrapping my mind around Eldar. They will grab objectives, hold table quarters and do whatever they need to. I wil experiment with them in wave serpents later on, practicing their new tactical applications. I like them.

FAST ATTACK - 210

8 Swooping Hawks - 210 pts
Exarch w/ hawk's talon, skyleap and intercept.
7 swooping hawks.

I'll have to see if I feel bad about unleashing the grenade packs upon the enemy as much as possible. Given most player's shameless tactics, I won't be bothered in the least. They will still be useful busting tanks, wasting light infantry with their lasblasters and violating skimmers.

HEAVY SUPPORT - 370 pts

Falcon - 220 pts
Bright lance, shuriken cannon, vectored engines, holofield, spirit stones.

War Walker Squadron (2) - 150 pts
2 war walkers w/ scatter laser and bright lances.

The falcon is primarily fire support, but will also drop off the fire dragons in an opportune place. I have to get some experience under my belt before I decide if two of them is feasible. Also with their weaponry. Some trial and error is in order. The war walkers grab cover and send lance fire downrange. Their scout move will be used to its fullest extent, since they'll initially set up with the falcon.

See less See more
#2 ·
This actually looks pretty solid. I only have 2 suggestions:

I would give the Fire Dragon Exarch Tank Hunters instead of Crack Shot, and if your using the Dragons for anti-tank, you don't really need the Fire Pike. With its stat increase, the Fusion Gun works just fine.

Also, I would suggest dropping the Bright Lance on the Falcon for a Scatter Laser or Shuriken Cannon. With the Falcon's relatively low BS, it needs multi-shot weapons. Plus, the Bright Lance's high strength makes it an offensive weapon, but with a strength 6 or less weapon, it can move 12" and can still fire all its weapons.

Reactions: Captain America
#3 ·
Okay, the first thing that comes to mind after I saw your list was, that you went a little crazy on upgrading options. I think you upgraded every possible thing for every unit:).

Hq, Autarch- he is good, maybe drop the wings if you need to save points at some point.

Farseer- Allright, this hq slot is way too expensive. I'd drop the runes and maybe spirit stones and one of the power is you need to ad points to add something later.

Elites- striking scorpions look good, stalker might not be needed.

Banshees-Look good.

Waveserpeant- Dont need star engines. I usually take BLs on this tank because it is twin linked.

Fire Dragons- They do not need an exarch, fire pike, or crack shot(exspecially crackshot). The improved rules for melta weapons means they are gonna stomp any tank they want anyway. Plus most fire dragons are deemed suicidal units anyway.

Troops-Looks good I'd rather take 2 catapults and the powerweapon+shimmer sheild myself though.

Fast Attack-Looks good, I prefer sun rifle.

Heavys-
Falcon-the shuriken cannon upgrade might not be needed since the other weapons have a much longer range, and should be used to its advantae of staying out of range of any weapons it can.

Warwalkers- look good. I probably wouldnt choose BL becuase of only average BS and price cost. But its okay this way too.

#4 ·
Ok, I'll do a bit of modification in a little bit. Thanks for the advice so far, both of you. :yes: *REP*

I'm worried about my army not having enough firepower... Really, all I have in the term of this will be the fire dragons (minus the exarch), the wave serpent (given a TL-BL), the falcon, and the war walkers. And not all of those are going to be firing turn one or maybe even turn 2! Egad!

Suggestions? Can I get by anyway?

#5 · (Edited)
Version 2.5... I have kinda sold out and decided to expand this list to 2000 points, figuring that a more common amount than 1850, but I could be wrong.

6 points left over...

Eldar 2000 points

HQ - 195 pts

Autarch - 120 pts

Supports the aspect warriors in their assault, ruins tanks or whatever else my devious battle plan has in store for him. He is there to support the warriors, not the other way around.

Farseer - 75 pts
Doom.

I made this guy a lot leaner and decided to have him run with the 'Banshees. He will Doom enemy squads and I will experiment with him in other roles later on.

ELITES - 665 pts

Exarch w/ scorpion chainsword, scorpion's claw, stalker and shadowstrike.
9 striking scorpions.

6 Fire Dragons - 96 pts
6 fire dragons.

10 Howling Banshees - 357 pts
9 howling banshees.
Wave serpent w/ vectored engines, spirit stones, twin-linked bright lance.

The aspect warriors will focus on their specialties, true to the style of an Eldar army. Scorpions will infiltrate and crush exposed troops. The 'Banshees, reinforced by the Farseer, will slaughter elite troops like terminators. The Fire Dragons will ride the falcon to an optimum position and burn any nagging enemy armor.

TROOPS - 414 pts

10 Dire Avengers - 164 pts
Exarch w/ 2 shuriken catapults and bladestorm.
9 dire avengers.

10 Dire Avengers - 164 pts
Exarch w/ 2 shuriken catapults and bladestorm.
9 dire avengers.

Guardian Jetbike Squadron (3) - 76 pts
2 jetbikes w/ twin-linked shuriken catapults.
Jetbike w/ shuriken cannon.

The Dire Avengers fleet of foot towards objectives and assist the aspect warriors in any desperate situations. Ideally, they'll get an opportunity to unleash hell with bladestorm, but probably not without a wave serpent. The jetbikes are for harassment and table quarters. They have just enough firepower to take out a couple of MEQs each turn, but are not really worth it for my opponent to eliminate. If they devote the kind of firepower needed to take out the shuriken cannon, then all the better. They only cost 76 points! And it is something else not being fired at. Considering everything else is extremely valuable, then that is ok in my book. ;)

FAST ATTACK - 215 pts

8 Swooping Hawks - 215 pts
Exarch w/ sun rifle, skyleap and intercept.
7 swooping hawks.

These guys have as wide a role as I would allow in an Eldar list. They'll pretty much be taking advantage of their grenade packs to throw ordnance upon the enemy, but they can also mow down lightly armored troops with their lasblasters or tackle tanks and skimmers alike with their haywire grenades. Nice. I like how these guys have turned out for this codex.

HEAVY SUPPORT - 505 pts

Falcon - 205 pts
Star cannon, vectored engines, holofield, spirit stones.

Provide support for the infantry. I changed to a star cannon to minimize the negative side of having a terrible BS with multiple shots. I have scatter lasers elsewhere in the list and a star cannon seems more appropriate for the battle tank. The Falcon also carries a volatile cargo of Fire Dragons, eager to spread destruction. They are quite the present for the enemy.

War Walker Squadron (2) - 180 pts
2 war walkers w/ 2 bright lances each.

Anti-armor walkers that will keep their maximum distance and dispense of enemy armor.

War Walker Squadron (2) - 120 pts
2 war walkers w/ 2 scatter lasers each.

In contrast to the above squadron, these guys are more of an anti-personnel and light skinned vehicles role in my list. Lots of shots! I like how scatter lasers look on paper... We'll see how they fare in my battles...

#6 ·
Rep? Sweet.

For thelast 92points, I would choose another warwalker. Put it by itself and I'd arm itdifferent than your other walkers.

I would not choose a lone vyper, because it doesn't really fit well into your armys suggested play style. Usually vyper do well strolling along with falcons andwave serpents and in multiple numbers.

I like your new list. I thought you said you were changin urwave serpeants weapon to twin linked brightlance.

#8 · (Edited)
Oops! :wacko: I accounted for it in the points but in my rush to be done with it, I forgot to update the weapon!

Another war walker sounds pretty cool. To avoid spam, I'll just edit the above list again.

I'd second ericsmyname - put the last 92 in war walkers. Segregate the weapons. Some all brightlance walkers, some scatter laser walkers.

You could also put in a three man bike squad with a cannon - they're fun for objective grabbing and general harrasment.
I think I'll make that second walker a scatter laser one. I'll give the other walkers all bright lances. Good suggestion on focusing on weapons. Another walker will help with my firepower angst. :w00t:

The bike squadron I will keep in mind for later. Doesn't fit with my current theme.

EDIT: In the spirit of the suggestions above, and not liking 1850 points, I changed my latest list quite a bit. Take a look, guys, but I am sure you will be satisfied. :yes:

#9 ·
I like this 2000 point list...alot. I would be happy to fight along side and feeling a bit edgy to fight against it.

As for the 15 points left over, there really is not anything that is worth taking for your list, the only thing I see that you can afford that actually may be beneficial is a spear for your farseer. Since he will be with the banshees, and they have no anti armor, a shining spear would practically be perfect for the situation. I know you have fire dragons, swooping hawks and an autarch that can take care armor as well as a number of heavy weapons, but better safe than sorry. (Also, what else are you going to spend the 15 points on? :p )

The jetbikes plan is like said above, to generally harass and get last minute objective, correct? If so, sounds good.

Like i said before, overall this is a pretty solid list, has awesome CC potential, mobility, and fire power. Yet still fragile, just how eldar armies should be.

So lets play a game crack a busch open shall we? ha.

#12 ·
Good catch Rork. Fortunetly the spear upgrade is only 3 pts. So you still have enough, that is...if you were going to get it.
I actually have to disagree. If the Farseer is running with the Banshees, then you want him combat oriented to fit their playstyle. A Witchblade would provide more combat attacks seeing as the Singing Spear is a 2 handed weapon in combat.

Otherwise, this list looks pretty good. You could always give the Scorpion Exarch Stalker in order to use the extra points. It might actually come in handy.

#14 ·
I think this is the final version of my Falling Blades of Dinuviel list. I am going to make some fluff for it and post it in the proper forums. I am pretty excited about these guys. Thanks for the advice, guys! I am going to try my hand at a less conventional list. ;)

Eldar 2000 points

HQ - 195 pts

Autarch - 120 pts

Farseer - 75 pts (Attached to Banshees)
Doom.​

ELITES - 665 pts

Exarch w/ scorpion chainsword, scorpion's claw, stalker and shadowstrike.
9 striking scorpions.

6 Fire Dragons - 96 pts
6 fire dragons.

10 Howling Banshees - 357 pts
9 howling banshees.
Wave serpent w/ twin-linked bright lance, vectored engines and spirit stones.​

TROOPS - 400 pts

10 Dire Avengers - 162 pts
Exarch w/ power weapon, shimmer shield and bladestorm.
9 dire avengers.

10 Dire Avengers - 162 pts
Exarch w/ power weapon, shimmer shield and bladestorm.
9 dire avengers.

Guardian Jetbike Squadron (3) - 76 pts
2 jetbikes w/ twin-linked shuriken catapults.
Jetbike w/ shuriken cannon.​

FAST ATTACK - 215 pts

8 Swooping Hawks - 215 pts
Exarch w/ sun rifle, skyleap and intercept.
7 swooping hawks.​

HEAVY SUPPORT - 505 pts

Falcon - 205 pts
Star cannon, vectored engines, holofield, spirit stones.

War Walker Squadron (2) - 180 pts
2 war walkers w/ 2 bright lances each.

War Walker Squadron (2) - 120 pts
2 war walkers w/ 2 scatter lasers each.​

#15 ·
I'd think this list would be quite effective. :yes:

When you get all the models, you should make a battle report. I'd be interested in knowing how it does.

#16 ·
Will do! Might be a few... learning experiences (aka butt kickings), but its all for the good of the craftworld.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.