[750] new to tau - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[750] new to tau

Here's my first Tau proper army list, so please, be harsh!

HQ
    Shas'el + Air Frag Proj + Plasma Rifle + Multi tracker + Stim Injector (105)

Elites
    3 x (Crisis Suits + Multi tracker + Plasma Rifle + Missile Pod) + Team Leader + Bonded (196)
    3 x (Stealth Suits) + Team Leader + Bonded + Fusion Gun (97)

Troops
    10 x Firewarrior + Shas'ui + Bonded (115)

Heavy Support
    Broadside + Team Leader + Adv Stab Sys + HW drone controller + 2 sheild drones (115)

Total 743

The basic plan was to have the Shas'el harrassing enemy troops from behind cover with the AFP. The Crisis team would be hitting the MEQ's and light vehicles with the ever popular fire knife config. The firewarriors would do what firewarriors do best; fire at the enemy and they will most likely be static. The broadside would sit at the back of the board and blast tanks. He has shield drones because I don't want some stray las-cannon shot killing him. With the drones he can wonder around with relative ease. I would probably keep the firewarriors around the broadside since I don't want infiltrators getting into combat with him. The stealth suits would infiltrate and knock off enemy tanks if the broadside hasn't cleaned them up yet.

Last edited by C'Tan Pooky; December 13th, 2006 at 01:48. Reason: forgot to add something
    Black Templars 3000 points
    Tau Empire 1750 points
    Tyranids 1500 points

Hordes of Chaos *Coming soon*

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

suggestions

here are some suggestions that i hope prove usefull as they have served me well

HQ
    Shas'el + Air Frag Proj + Plasma Rifle + Multi tracker + Stim Injector (105)
    he's nice, i see potential to down marines and down lots and lots of gaurdsmen/gaurdians here. The stim injector is amazing. However i'm still a fan of throwing a targetting array on him, puts a little more umph into him.

Elites
    3 x (Crisis Suits + Multi tracker + Plasma Rifle + Missile Pod) + Team Leader + Bonded (196)
    3 x (Stealth Suits) + Team Leader + Bonded + Fusion Gun (97)
    here i think you need some work. The crisis suits dont need bonding imo, just split the squad up, making a single suit team and a two suit team of crisis. that will let you drop team leader and bonded on the one squad. giving you some points to throw in other areas, perhaps that targeting array for the commander *wink*
    the stealths look good except again for bonding... i really havnt had a problem with them failing leadership tests for regrouping, the fusion blaster is somethin that i've never really experienced cuz i feild the old xv15 models cuz they are tiny. The concept seems nice as they could pop a tank or something. but again bonding and team leader imo should go, the only use for team leader is for the markerlight.

Troops
    these are solid i like them, and i hope your using rifles

Heavy Support
    Broadside + Team Leader + Adv Stab Sys + HW drone controller + 2 sheild drones (115)
    Very nice very nice, this is why team leader is there, to make the hardwired stuff really work for you. Adv Stab will allow you to foot slog it around that corner to pop that tank, while the sheild drones will let you have quit a bit of survivability if retaliation is in order.

overall nice and very good and small list for a new player, good luck and i hope i was helpful:shifty:

+ Reply to Thread