Noob 1000pt Friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

Noob 1000pt Friendly

I still dont have all the models in this army list but since I'm starting Eldar, so I thought I should make up an army list and go collect the models from there.

HQ

1 Autarch (HQ)
    #Shuriken Pistol; #Plasma Grenade; #Haywire Grenade; #Force Shield;
    Eldar Jetbike; Mandiblasters; Laser Lance; Fusion Blaster

Tank-hunting and CC support.

1 Farseer (HQ)
    #Ghosthelm; #Shuriken Pistol; Singing Spear; #Rune Armour;
    Eldar Jetbike
    Spirit Stone
    Doom
    Guide

Doom & Guide .. perhaps he'll have the chance to throw that singing spear once in the game.

Elite

5 Fire Dragon (Elites)
    #Fusion Gun; #Melta Bomb;
    1 Exarch
    Dragon's Breath Flamer
    Crack Shot

Mounted in Falcon, primary tank hunting unit.

Troop

9 Dire Avenger (Troops)
    #Avenger Shuriken Catapult
    1 Exarch
    Shuriken Catapult (x2)
    Bladestorm

9 Dire Avenger (Troops)
    #Avenger Shuriken Catapult
    1 Exarch
    Shuriken Catapult (x2)
    Bladestorm

Heavy

1 Wraithlord (Heavy Support)
    #Shuriken Catapult (x2); Eldar Missile Launcher; Wraithsword

Backup tank-hunter if the dragons fail or if the falcon goes down.

1 Falcon (Heavy Support)
    #Twinlinked Shuriken Catapult; #Pulse Laser; Shuriken Cannon
    Holo-fields
    Spirit Stones

Merely transportation purpose for the dragons until they are off-loaded.

Models in Army: 30

Total Army Cost: 1000

Any comment is most welcome! I have played against several new Eldar players but I never tried using one before, so I thought it would be a good idea to have someone proof-read my army list before I actually buy any of the heavy/elite choices. Thanks!

Last edited by nekochen; December 14th, 2006 at 03:33.
    Anima Tactics - try it out!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Think twice about taking the fire dragon exarch. He can be a large chunk of points that don't really improve the unit in most situations.

hmmm, drop the shuriken catapults on the waithlord. Pickup dual flamers. EML is ok, but i usually go with brightlance. The waithlord will help a bit on the lack of hth in your army.

Both your hq are on bikes. But you have no bike squads on your list. I think you'd better off grounding the farseer. On second thought your army doesn't really need a farseer. The main use i see for him now is conflicted. Is he going to stick around the DA's and keep the WL going? Or is he flying up to support the falcon and fire dragons? Maybe drop him and get a bike squad to run with the autarch or maybe add an avatar to bolster those da and WL.

Anouther suggestion, thinking of taking warwalkers? They can add some teeth your main line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by greymonk View Post
    Think twice about taking the fire dragon exarch. He can be a large chunk of points that don't really improve the unit in most situations.
    Good point but I've seen Fire Dragon Exarch with Crack Shot flamer does nasty stuff even to a squad of marines. I just wanted the Fire Dragon to be able to deal with another target if the vehicle was destroyed by the Wraithlord on turn 1 -- it could happen.

Both your hq are on bikes. But you have no bike squads on your list. I think you'd better off grounding the farseer. On second thought your army doesn't really need a farseer. The main use i see for him now is conflicted. Is he going to stick around the DA's and keep the WL going? Or is he flying up to support the falcon and fire dragons? Maybe drop him and get a bike squad to run with the autarch or maybe add an avatar to bolster those da and WL.
    Good point on the Farseer I was thinking maybe I should swap out the Autarch for a 2nd Farseer on foot with Doom and Fortune while giving the Jetbike Farseer Guide and Fortune.. I just wanted to try out an Autarch though, they are so cool. Besides, six attacks of S6 power weapon with the help of doom, will definitely come in handy if I am playing against Tyranid. I am not planning on adding expensive unit (bike/shining spear) into a 1000pt army for now, they take up too much army space and lower the overall efficiency.

Anouther suggestion, thinking of taking warwalkers? They can add some teeth your main line.
    War Walkers are a definite-buy on my list, but for not for any 1000pt small games.
    Anima Tactics - try it out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by nekochen View Post
    Good point but I've seen Fire Dragon Exarch with Crack Shot flamer does nasty stuff even to a squad of marines. I just wanted the Fire Dragon to be able to deal with another target if the vehicle was destroyed by the Wraithlord on turn 1 -- it could happen.
    This could be intriguing but i think your still benefit from cutting your losses and getting rid of him. That way if against an army that has no tanks or terminators your not trying to make something work. Eldar units have there purpose and bending them to anouther task doesn't do as well as using the points on guys that will. Personally I would use the falcon differently if there was no tanks. I would still put the fire dragons in but I'd have it act like a tank. Go around killing stuff. This would confuse your opponent as he doesn't know what or if anything is inside so he will be thinking and planning for the worst. Misdirection is a big part of being a successful 40k player. Plus you could use the small squad late in the game to assassinate a small weakened squad. Or can help you adapt to deepstrikers or reinforcements.

Quote Originally Posted by nekochen View Post
    Good point on the Farseer I was thinking maybe I should swap out the Autarch for a 2nd Farseer on foot with Doom and Fortune while giving the Jetbike Farseer Guide and Fortune.. I just wanted to try out an Autarch though, they are so cool. Besides, six attacks of S6 power weapon with the help of doom, will definitely come in handy if I am playing against Tyranid. I am not planning on adding expensive unit (bike/shining spear) into a 1000pt army for now, they take up too much army space and lower the overall efficiency.
    A small squad of bikes is not that expensive. 66 points would be bottem level. And it will really help the autarch out. Your putting a lot of weight on your autarch without a squad to support him.
    As fielded he would amount to a suicide run. Just cause you have 2 hq choices open doesn't mean you should take them. I often field smaller 1000pt games with only one hq. Hqs are really expensive and if there not used correctly they are just wasting points. Farseers in your list are boarding on uneffiecent. Doom is overkill for your army. Your DA's have str 4 so doom doesn't help them that much certaintly when its Saves that decrease the kill count drastically not wound rolls. Your probably get an extra 1 or 2 kills cause of doom. Not really worth it in my opinion. Guide likewise is pretty much useless(for its points value) on bs 4. Only your falcon is bs 3 so theres not a lot of use for it. Doom is really big on the boards as it helps banshees become efficient against marines. With power weapons it takes away the saves, so wounding rolls are what limit kills. At doom and magic happens. When saving rolls limit you its not as cost efficient to use doom. Guide would find a home in your army when you field bigger games with those war walkers.

I think most effectively I'd drop both the autarch and farseer. I'd add in an Avatar to make my DA's fearless and to add anti-hth. He'd support your waithlord perfectly. You'll just have to hope your waithlord isn't unlucky with his sight rolls.

+ Reply to Thread