First list with 4th ed ~2000 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First list with 4th ed ~2000

I've been playing off and on for about 2 years now. But recently I've found a few people that enjoy playing on a regular basis. This is my first list for a vs anything list. The people I play with use Nids, Vanilla SM, IG, Black Templars, and occasionaly Chaos SM(forget which). I've played a few games with this list and its gone fairly well, I've yet to lose a 3-way game(1 win, 2 draws, all fun). Any sugestions are more then welcome, feel free to pick apart my list.

HQ (355pts)
    Eldrad
    Farseer w/ doom, fortune, runes of witnessing, and spirit stones.

TROUPS (372pts)
    11 Storm Guardians 2 w/ fusion guns, 1 Warlock w/ enhance

ELITES (524pts)
    8 Harlequins, 1 Shadowseer, 9 kisses, 2 fusion pistols
    6 Striking Scorpions, 1 Exarch w/ scorpion claw, biting blade, stalker
    6 Striking Scorpions, 1 Exarch w/ scorpion claw, biting blade, stalker

HEAVY SUPPORT (537)
    Fireprism, holo-field, spirit stones
    4 Dark Reapers, 1 Exarch w/ EML, fast shot

FAST ATTACK (198 Bad smiley!
    6 Swooping Hawks, 1 Exarch w/ sunrifle, intercept, skyleap.

So far i've not used the Swooping hawks to much effect. They arnt very good at wounding things but they do have a fairly terminal effect on vehicles if you get the chance.

Cant seem to go wrong with dark reapers. They generaly get back their points for me.

The Prisms I link against SM and spread the pie plate love against IG and bugs. I realy havent used them against many vehicles. My EML reaper Exarch is most feared by even the land raiders, as he tends to roll very well against them. These also enjoy shooting at doomed squads before they get hit by scorpions or harli's

Striking scorpions foot slog while getting fortune love from eldrad and having anything they meet doomed. Also, I took the scorpion claw AND biting blade because sometimes I'd rather take my attacks first insted of waiting.

The harli fleet across the board with the Jr Farseer fleeting with them for fortune, then breaking away before assaulting is to be done. Once again, I like the doom action.

Guardians are front line and are padding for the scorpions vs nids/IG. They also seem to break tanks well if they get close enough. Also they are good for taking corners if enough survive.

Already explained what both farseers do. Okey, have at it

Yurtalpus

Last edited by Yurtalpus; December 15th, 2006 at 21:46. Reason: fixing noobish errors

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just don't there's enough wallop here. In a fire-fight you is gona get shot-up, I do think however you have the basis for a really good army.

I would firstly suggest swapping those stormers for defenders. Secondly drop that second farseer, Eldrad is more than enough (thats why he costs the same at two seers)

I think you should at least drop one prism, if it was me I would drop both, and replace them/it for falcons as they are more versitile and reliable. You can then tank hunt very efficiently.

Other than that, it looks good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the input, $ick. Anyone else out there have anything to add to it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

Yes; Give the Warlocks in the Guardian Storm squads Conceal instead. Then drop the Hawks and buff the numbers in your Scorpion and Guardian squads.
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you take the Scorpion Exarch with Scorpion Claw AND Biting Blade, you lose the 2 CC weapons bonus as the Biting Blade is 2 handed (Is that legal? I didn't think it was, but when I looked, it didn't say that you couldn't). I would stick with Chainsword that comes with the Claw and use it when you want to strike first.

Is the Harli squad 8 or 9 man? (8+Shadowseer? or 8 w/ Shadowseer?)
    How do you take 10 kisses in a 8-9 man squad?
    "What do Humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea."
    - Farseer Eldrad Ulthran of Craftworld Ulthwe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good question, i must have forgotten to take them out when i was pruning my list for cost . its 9 models in total for harlequins.

I must have overlooked the biting blade as a two handed weapon. i'll remove it.

And the concealment for warlocks. Its a toss up for me since i play IG and Bugs, the +WS and I help me get the edge against them in melee. But i'll have to play test it.

So far the hawks havent done much, i think i'll take your advise, Viktor.

Thanks for the input folks
    Last edited by Yurtalpus; December 15th, 2006 at 21:51.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ (350pts)
    Eldrad
    Farseer w/ doom, fortune, runes of witnessing, and spirit stones.

TROUPS (462pts)
    14 Storm Guardians 2 w/ fusion guns, 1 Warlock w/ enhance

ELITES (654pts)
    9 Harlequins, 1 Shadowseer, 10 kisses, 2 fusion pistols
    9 Striking Scorpions, 1 Exarch w/ scorpion claw, stalker
    9 Striking Scorpions, 1 Exarch w/ scorpion claw, stalker

HEAVY SUPPORT (537)
    4 Dark Reapers, 1 Exarch w/ EML, fast shot

added bodys to elites and troops, would it be better to take some troops away and stick the farseer on a bike? I didnt change the enhance to conceal because i think that the enhance gives me an edge vs IG and Nids, but against the others i can see where Conceal would be much better. Infact, i've left out 32 points so i can swap powers depending on who i play untill i decide which is better overall. Any mathshammer to show me which is better would be more then welcome, i'm not bothered by statistics and frequently use them in other games.

EDIT: When using conceal i'll drop 1 harlequin+kiss and 1 guardian from one of the 3 squads for the diffrence between enhance and conceal.
    Last edited by Yurtalpus; December 16th, 2006 at 09:35. Reason: recounted points. fixed errors (I hope)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the dark reapers the EML is good agianst tanks but, lets say you shoot at that landraider, you might destroy it (pretty slim) but more importantly the rest of your dark reapers are at waste, and they cost quite a bit. The tempest launcher would be a better idea to increase the effectiveness of the unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the EML because its the same weapon as a reaper launcher except +3S when using fast shot. This is usefull against marines as it wounds more often. Plus it can be used to smash light vehicles in a pinch. Or against IG i can use the blast ammo and spread the targeted template love.

I had thought about the tempest launcher at one point but decided that the lower range and scatter dice made it too random for me. In addition using guess the exarch could shoot at things while the rest of the squad would just sit there doing nothing. I dont need that temptation . Although it would be great against any troups choice.

Thank you for your input 1939away, it is appreciated. And i may proxy it a few games and see how it does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

It is not mathhammer, but pure logic that tells me that Concealed Guardians in combat are a lot more effective than Enhanced Guardians lying dead on the battlefield.

I agree with 1939away about the Tempest Launcher; you can remove a Harlequin's Kiss or two if you need extra points since at least one or two of them are probably going to die on the way into combat anyway.
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast