Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Here goes nothing...***
10 Avengers + Exarch (w/ Shimmershield, Defend, Bladestorm) 177
16 Guardians (w/ Scatter Laser) + Warlock (w/ Conceal) 183
10 Banshees + Exarch (w/ Executioner) on Wave Serpent (w/ Shuricannon, extra Shuricannon, Vectored Engines, Spirit Stones) 182 + 140
6 Dragons + Exarch (w/ Dragon's Breath, Crack Shot) 113
8 Spiders + Exarch (w/ extra Spinner) 193
5 Hawks + Exarch (w/ Sunrifle, Intercept, Skyleap) 152
Falcon (w/ Scatter Laser, extra Shuricannon, Vectored Engines, Holofield, Spirit Stones) 205
***Idea is: Avengers and Guardians make a firm central base, trapsing up the field along with the Avatar and probibally getting most of the attention. Dragons mount on the Falcon and go either tank hunting or big-guy hunting (hoping to insta-kill some bothersome models), with the falcon dishing out quite a load of shots each turn. Banshees go and give support to the Dragons, assaulting anyone who might bother them or any stragglers from the units they attacked, while the Serpent helps out with it's own shootiness. Meanwhile, spiders will go harassing on the flanks, maybe getting to some light armoured tanks (or some rear armor) and Hawks can go either tank hunting, distance shooting (trying to exploit to the maximum their 24" range) or jumping up and down (if the terrain setup is safe enough) while leaving 5" pie-plates on the enemy.
- Just love that maki! -
First off get that dragons breath out of the unit. Your list has more than enough anti hoard. You need those dragons to kill vehicles, big nasties, and 2+ armored units.
Next I'm a little nervous about the EDIT:BANSHEES in the serpent. You don't have a lot of vehicles in your list (for example another 2 packed serpents) and so the enemy can focus on that one. The fact that you can't assault straight out of a serpent means that you're going to have to end the serpents move near to an enemy unit so the banshees can assault the next turn. I'm just not so sure that the serpent will survive that long, though vectored engines help.
Maybe test it out a couple times. If you run into trouble simply convert the serpent to a falcon and use a smaller squad or fill it with a pricier harder hitting unit of harlequins.
Also I wouldn't bother spending all the points and such on a spider exarc just to give them dual spinners.
Last edited by sunnyside; December 15th, 2006 at 06:28.
sunnyside just pointing this out, his dragons aren't in a serpent, their in a falcon
cut the fire dragon exarch. I'd cut the guardians if it were me and go with a small group of rangers to open up points. I'd love to see a wraithlord in this list to walk beside the avatar. That certainly will get everyones attention.
In sparse order...
- Never really had many problems fielding only two vehicles up to now: the 12/12/10 seems to keep the adversary thinking that the tanks are too tough to pull down for what they can actually do... their loss, not mine! Secondly I only have the two tanks and the tourney is in two days time, so no time to purchase, assemble, let alone paint a new tank! ^_^
- Dragon's Breath was really in there just for the fun and for a little anti-infantry prowess. I'll probibally just ditch it, though I absolutely do no know what to do with the spare 17pts! Any suggestions? ^_^'''
- I took the guardians instead of another troop of avengers or the small ranger unit simply because the other two aren't painted as yet and even if it isn't mandatory I insist on fielding only fully painted armies at tourneys, even if it means being kitted-out to less efficiency.
- Same reasoning behind the harlies substituting the banshees... and because I wanted to keep the army as aspect-oriented as possible!
- Wraithlord would be a good addition, but without a supporting psyker, it would be too risky to field with my renowned luck with dice! ^_^'''
- Spider exarch is there because a) he is a nifty model and most of all b) he is the 8th model in my collection, so either I field a 6-7 man squad or I field it with an exarch... and at +17pts gest you an extra 2 shots at BS 5, i.e. better than buying the extra troopie.
- If (as you guys suggested) I drop the dragons exarch and the spider exarch (along with two troopies, as I firmly believ in the power of even numbered units) (except for the hawks 'cause I only have 4 new models while the rest are the 2nd ed. static ones) it would leave me with a net 78 spendable points left... which should be used on what, do you think?
Last edited by Kheldar; December 15th, 2006 at 09:01. Reason: forgot something
- Just love that maki! -