1000 point friendly eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 point friendly eldar

Ok been playing Eldar for a while now but this is my first army list since the update to the codex.

HQ:
    Farseer (80pt)
    -Doom

Elite:
    Howling Banshees (155pt)
    -Seven banshee
    -One exarch, warshout, mirror sword

Fire Dragon (80pt)
    -Five dragons

Striking Scorpians (150pt)
    -Seven scrops
    -One exarch, biting blade, stalker

Troops:
    Dire avengers (150pt)
    -Eight dire
    -One exarch, shimmer/power, bladestorm

Jetbikes (152pt)
    -Six jetbikes,
    -Two upgraded to cannon

Heavy:
    Support battery (100pt)
    -Two vibro cannon

War Walker (60pt)
    -Missile, Cannon, spirt stone

War Walker (60pt)
    -Missile, Cannon, spirt stone

Mostly the army is built to be a close combat with ranged support coming from the heavy weapons on the war walkers and vibro cannons. Was wondering if people think it is best to have to squads of three jetbikes or one bigger squad of six?

Any thoughts welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first, the vibro cannons are good only in dense terrain maps, for their no LOS, but they are better replaced by falcons, i'm pretty sure you can only have 3 hvy support slots, and your using 4. Also give the banshee ex. an exacutioner, if your playin a lot of meq armies, and take away the biting blade on your scorp ex. and give him scorp. claw, you might consider swooping hawks for more anti-tank, or shining spears for that cc thing
    thats my thought

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah the vibro cannons are always a bit of an odd choice to me. Though I only have 3 heavys, the two cannons count as one battery, and then two seperate squads of war walkers.

Is it worth dropping the vibro's to squeeze in a falcon? Would have to drop some other stuff as well as flacons really need some upgrades to be useful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would drop those vibro cannons for a falcon, firstly : to transport those fire dragons around be fore they get shot, and secondly to provide some more supporting fire where you lack it most.

It might be an idea to drop either banshees/scorpions for another avenger squad?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1939away View Post
    I would drop those vibro cannons for a falcon, firstly : to transport those fire dragons around be fore they get shot, and secondly to provide some more supporting fire where you lack it most.

It might be an idea to drop either banshees/scorpions for another avenger squad?

Ill agree with both of those ideas , but falcons can get very expensive points wise if u want them to do the job well.

Or Have you thought about droping either the banshees or Scorpions and getting a Wave Serpent for the other.

thats my opionion, hope i could help.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

hq, fine.

elite,

fire dragons- need transport

banshees- need executioner. need transport. Consider the other exarch power.

SS- biting blade is okay, but id rather take the claw. Infiltrate these bad boys. consider dropping the squad size down by 1 to save points.

Troops- DA, look fine.

Jetbikes- these dont really seem to fit in this army, but if u you must take them i'd divide them in 2 squads.

Heavy support-

get rid of those cannons. Use the points to get some more heavy support. You lack some long range support.

Get rid of those shuriken cannons, ur walkers should never be within 24 inches of ur opponent. hate to see it all to bolt guns.

+ Reply to Thread