2000 Pt First Try - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

2000 Pt First Try

I'm a Sisters of Battle and Tau player and this is my first attempt at making an Eldar army and from what I can tell I think it would be pretty effective. Please let me know what you think I'm open to any criticism (sp?) that you may have. So here we go.

HQ:

Troops:
    Pathfinders x10 = 240 pts

Elites:
    Fire Dragons x9 1 Exarch w/ Firepike, Tank Hunters = 195 pts

Transports for the Fire Dragons:
    Wave Serpent w/ TL Bright Lance, Shuriken Cannon, Star Engines, Spirit Stones = 160pts
    Wave Serpent w/ TL Bright Lance, Shuriken Cannon, Star Engines, Spirit Stones = 160pts

Heavy:
    Fire Prism: Shuriken Cannon, Vec Engines, Star Engines, Spirit Stones = 170pts

THE TOTAL COST OF THE ARMY IS 1,995 pts

I've ran the tactics against every army and things look very promising 40 Rangers to take care of the troops while I have 2 Bright Lances, Prism Cannon, and the Fire Dragons for the vehicles. The only army that might be difficult to play against is Tyranids but I think with tactics and using my brain I will be fine. Rip the list apart (if ya need to) and give me some feedback. Thanks

If anybody disagrees with me Chuck Norris will roundhouse kick you in the face.....not really. But wouldn't it be cool?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that if any decent comat squad that get near your pathfinders it wont be good.
    I know you have the avatar but just in case a sqaud of something (possessed, genestealers etc.) comes you might need a bit more. I would drop maybe 5-10 for a good squad of banshees or shining spears. That way anyone jumping in and thinking they can have a good time killing rangers you can neutralize them FAST before a few turn of shooting are wasted.

Shingspears and banshees are good on the first turn of combat because banshees strike at
    I 10 and shining spears str 6. Scorpions would take a bit longer.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x3)

Troops:
    I would field20 pathfinders, and 20 Dire avengers. And give the dire avenger exarch two shuriken cats and bladestorm you will have a grand total of 64 shots. 84 shots if you choose to use bladestorm

HQ:
    Now if you throw in two farseers, or one farseer and Eldrad, to join the DA's and give him doom/guide/spirit stones then you get 44 shots that you get to reroll to hit, and re-roll ALL 84 to wound. Thats not including the shots from the transports and prism.

Elites:

Heavy:
    I like these units a lot, tons of firepower but they will suck up enemy fire like crazy so be careful with them. Other than that I like it, some people might not but I do.

Hope that helps somewhat. Good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, i agree about the farseer.
    Maybe a cheap farseer with doom? Now thats definitely something dead:shifty:.

A few dire aveneger sound good but sort of distort your plan. Not sure about them:wacko: .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x6)

HQ:
    With all the shooting you have, this is a very lonely CC model.
    I would prefer to see a Farseer to better utilise all of that lovely shooting (re-rolls). Even a just a cheap one with doom is good enough!

Troops:
    Bleh.. too many in my opinion. I think 3 smaller squads of 6-8 would be plenty.
    Then take 2 squads of Dire Avengers to give you some flexible infantry who can move around & take objectives, rather than PF's who tend to stay put in cover. They also give you some troops who can take a bit of punishment in Close combat.

Elites:
    I'd say the squads are tooo big!
    Keep all the nice Exarch upgrades & give them crackshot, but drop 2-3 dragons from each squad.
    A squad of 6 with tank hunters almost guarentees a dead tank IF they shoot. Taking 9 holds no advantages what-so-ever when mounted. It just means more casualties if the Wave serpents go down.
    If they were foot-slogging then the extra numbers might help them survive a bit.
    But as it is, they need to be reduced to around 6. That also helps pay for a Farseer & Dire Avengers.

Cool. I like BL's on Wave serpents. it utilises the twin linked ability best. Maybe drop the shuri-cannons to save points. They should be turbo-boosting around anyway so cant shoot. The bright lances will be a nice precense once the Fire dragons are deployed where you want them. But before that happens, shooting the BL's is NOT the priority, unless you badly need to take an opportunity for an important shot.

Heavy:
    GOod but I wouldnt take star engines. these things should be moving 6"-12" and shooting, every turn. Not turbo-boosting around and wasting their precious cannon shots.
    Swap the star engine for Holo-fields! thats not advice, thats an order! ^_^

Cheers
    Last edited by Manu_Forti; December 20th, 2006 at 12:52.
    Dark Elves - Game #28 vs High Elves: Draw
    W L D
    21 5 5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I looked at the list last night and I'm going to do drop the firepike and use the flame thrower on the Fire Dragons. That will take the list down to 1979. Drop two units of the pathfinders and make the units 8 man squads and that will drop the list down to 1403. Pick up 2 units of Dire Avengers 10 man squads with the exarch with defend, bladestorm, and pwr weapon and shimmer shield. That takes the list up to 1757. And throw a squad of 10 howling banshees in with the exarch with war shout and acrobatic armed with an executioner. That will take the list to 1949. Drop one more pathfinder from each squad and the total comes to 1901. Add a Farseer with doom that takes the list to 1981 so what can I do with 19 points? And the point of the turbo boost with the fire prism is in case that suffers a shaken or stunned result and can't shoot I'm getting that tank out of there so it will survive.
    If anybody disagrees with me Chuck Norris will roundhouse kick you in the face.....not really. But wouldn't it be cool?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

And the fire dragon units I think I'm going to keep them where they are because when they pop the tanks I still want them to be able to take out stuff and I want as many shots as I can get. I'll use them to take out the big bugs, termies, and pretty much anything in power armor they'll be just like a knife cutting through butter. Thanx for the advice guys I really appreciate it. This is a great forum it's better then the other ones you guys actually give advice and talk. Thanks again.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread