Eldar 1000 points- tornament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eldar 1000 points- tornament

Hi everyone, merry christmas!! I'm thinking ahead to a tornament taking place at my local GW in the new year. 1000 points, gamma and prize money!

HQ
    Farseer- 120
    Doom, Guide. Spirit Stones

Elites

6 Fire dragons- 96

Troops

9+1 Dire avengers-152
    Exarch- 2X shuriken catapult, Bladestorm

8+1 Dire avengers-140
    Exarch- 2X shruiken catapult, Bladestorm

Heavy Support

5X Dark Reapers- 175

3X War Walkers- 120
    Each with 2X shuriken cannons

Falcon-195
    Shuriken Cannon, shuriken cannon, vectored engines, holo-field, spirit stones.

TOTAL 998

My list contains a shooty list which can pull off lots of shots. Dark reapers can reak havoc from afar, especially with guide and doom if in 24". The dire avengers provide mobile infantry cabale of destroying MEQ and GEQ with short ranged bladestorm. The war walkers pump out 18 S6 shots a turn, which is very udeful when used with guide and the falcon goes tank hunting with the fire dragons.

I would like to give the WW scatter lasers but when you add 60 points on i can't find a place where taking 60 points from somehwere else will be worth just adding an extra 12" and 6 shots onto the WW

Last game, against a deamonhunters force, was a complete massacure for me. The guide/doom reapers were destroying 8 or 9 /10 man squads pwer turn, with the pulse laser killing the remaining warrior, bladestorming killed lots of termies. The only thing that went wrong was the farseer rolled double 6 for phsycic test and got instskilled!

Anyway, any suggestions?

New Eldar W/D/L
    2/0/0

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x3)

I think its a solid list. Lacking in CC capabilies but you will have that with Eldar if you dont go with any aspect warriors. So here goes:

3X War Walkers- 120
    Each with 2X shuriken cannons
    I would Cut one of the walkers for your extra 40 points. Make each walker its own unit, so you have 3 Heavy support units. Give them Spirit Stones. And with the rest of the points Max out the DA squads. I think you will get more UMPH that way.

Good luck with the list man, other than my little bit of input I like it a lot!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks mostly good to me although you might need some sort of combat unit.
    I played a guy with eldar quite like yours. Eg no combat power, i put some banshees behind them...and they totally destroyed his fire base, they killed 10 guardians, 6 reapers and 5 pathfinders.

I would probably drop your war walkers for a squad of banshees. You already have heaps of anti infantry (Avengers:shifty: ), These should either stop enemy troops disrupting your fire base.:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

+ Reply to Thread