10 Extended carapace 40
Total 230

3 Zoanthropes 105
3 Warp blast 60
Total 165

Army Total 1505 points
60 models

Basic tactics....
Make use of the 19-24" assault range plus infiltrate to garuntee a first turn close combat, and if the broodlord squad doesnt make the distance then they will sit behind the combat or terrain to avoid fire, and assault in the next turn.
Zoanthropes will be used to take out tanks and other nasties that could become a potential threat to the genestealers.

I put Zoanthropes in the list because afaik they are the genetically closest relation to the genestealer.

One question i had though, do the Zoanthropes need to have a synapse creature within 12" of them or they go crazy?
Is it worth spending the extra 30 points to make them all synapse creatures? Or not worry about it because they have Ld 10 anyway?

Cheers. :)

See less See more
#2 ·
In this list and your other list, your Genestealers are pretty expensive. My taste is for basic ones - just 16 point Genestealers. If you think about it, when you spend 46 points for two of your souped-up Genestealers, I can almost buy three for that many. :) But, it is a case of "do what works for you". You aren't likely to get many people here questioning your Extended Carapaces, they are a popular choice. I kind of like the idea of a Genestealer heavy army and as I have a mass of Genestealer models now it is something I will probably try before long. One thought is: you have 5 x 10 Troops Genestealers. If you took 5 x 8 and 1 x 10 you'd have more broods, which means more wasted shooting from your opponent. Give it a try, anyway. Armies that come to mind that your army would have trouble against: Vehicle-heavy armies and anything with units that are actually harder in CC than Genestealers (not many of those, but they do exist). To answer your question about Zoanthropes - I don't have my Codex with me, but as far as I recall: as they're not fearless, they have to take the choice whether or not to Lurk, and if they take a Ld test and fail then they fall back like any other unit. Obviously in the case of your army that would be towards the Broodlord, or if he is dead then towards your deployment zone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.