Eldar, First 2000 Point List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eldar, First 2000 Point List

This is my first try at a 2000 point army list. This is for a Craftworld of my own design and it focuses on some of the Eldar's sneakiest and most stealthy units. Any suggestions are greatly appriciated. I will give Rep. for good advice (if I can). Thanks everyone.

HQ:
    Autarch: 120
    Warp Jump Generators, Mandiblasters, Power Weapon, Death Spinner
    Farseer: 120
    Spirit Stones, Doom, Guide

Elites:
    Striking Scorpions: 212
    10 Striking Scorpions
    Exarch w/ Scorpion's Claw, Stalker, Shadowstrike
    Striking Scorpions: 212
    10 Striking Scorpions
    Exarch w/ Scorpion's Claw, Stalker, Shadowstrike
    Fire Dragons: 96
    6 Fire Dragons

Troops:
    Pathfinders: 120
    5 Pathfinders
    5 Pathfinders
    5 Pathfinders

Fast Attack:
    Warp Spiders: 218
    8 Warp Spiders
    Exarch w/ Additional Death Spinner, Powerblades, Withdraw
    Swooping Hawks: 173
    6 Swooping Hawks
    Exarch w/ Sunrifle, Skyleap, Intercept

Heavy Support:
    Wraithlord: 140
    2 Flamers, Bright Lance, Wraithsword
    War Walker Squadron: 160
    4 Starcannons
    Falcon: 185
    Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon Up-Grade, Holo-fields, Spirit Stones

Total: 1996

Tactics: Autarch accompanies the Warp Spiders in order to add some CC power to the unit. The Autarch/Warp Spiders will support the infiltrating Scorpions. The Fire Dragons will ride in the Falcon and take out any enemy tanks. The Farseer will Guide the War Walkers and Doom any enemy squads that seem particularly threatening. The Wraithlord will stay near the Farseer to provide some CC support. He will also try to take out any tanks that the Fire Dragons can't. The Swooping Hawks will provide support and anti-horde power. The Pathfinders form a static firebase which will provide long-range support. The War Walkers assist with long-range support and provide some much needed anti-MEQ power. The Falcon, Swooping Hawks, and Warp Spiders will try to stay in postions that will allow them to move to any objectives on the last turn.

Quick Reference:
    HQ: 240 (12%)
    Elites: 520 (26%)
    Troops: 360 (18%)
    Fast Attack: 391 (20%)
    Heavy Support: 485 (24%)

Infantry: 42
    Jump Infantry: 15
    Monstrous Creatures: 1
    Light Vehicles: 2
    Medium Vehicles: 1

Last edited by Scorpion_062; January 4th, 2007 at 23:54.
    "What do Humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea."
    - Farseer Eldrad Ulthran of Craftworld Ulthwe

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think if you swapped the pathfinders for avengers and dropped that autarch, you would have a nice list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by $ick View Post
    I think if you swapped the pathfinders for avengers and dropped that autarch, you would have a nice list.
    Maybe, but I like the fluff of the Pathfinders. They are included because I'm trying to make a list themed around stealth.

I would tend to agree, having 3 Pathfinder squads might be a bit excessive, but they fit better with the theme of my army. I might consider droping 1 squad for Avengers, but they would be used simply to take and hold objectives.

The Autarch is there to support the Warp Spiders, who are there to support the infiltrating Scorpions. They make use of Withdraw, Power Blades, and the Autarch's Power Weapon to try to help the Scorpions in CC.
    "What do Humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea."

Knight of Goodlyness paladin777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay, the first thing on the list that I would comment on is the low number of models. pathfinders are great, but are also very expensive. I personally would maybe use a guardian squad with a heavy weapon platform or 2, or maybe some DAvengers. another thing you could probably drop is the dragon exarch, you might want to just use another warrior and save up some points. I love warp spiders, and with the new codex, hawks are actually very useful now. but the thing I think you lack most is anti-tank. Other than your wraithlord, you really don't have any other antitank. some may disagree with me on this, but you may want to invest some points in BL vypers for some mobile tank-busting. your hq choices look good BTW, can't say I would use an autarch much because I typically run 2 farseers, but autarchs can be very useful.

in short, the things that I would be worried about would be model count, and anti armor. above and beyond that, I leave to you.
    Originally Posted by Reinnon
    to be a thousand son general isn't a choice in gaming, its a state of mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know the Autarch is trying to boost the squad, but for his price you could have two squads.

Whats he bringing, some weak power weapon attacks and a death spinner shot? For 12pts, is that really worth it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll probably end up removing 1 Pathfinder Squad and replacing it with a Storm Guardian Squad. I can take 10 Guardians and a Warlock with Enhance or Conceal for 120 points.

As for anti-tank, I have a Wraithlord, Fire Dragons, and Swooping Hawks (Haywire Grenades) for Heavy Tanks. The Warp Spiders also excell at destroying Light Vehicles.

Knight of Goodlyness paladin777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion_062 View Post
    I'll probably end up removing 1 Pathfinder Squad and replacing it with a Storm Guardian Squad. I can take 10 Guardians and a Warlock with Enhance or Conceal for 120 points.
    If your going to take storm guardians, use enhance, I've got three squads of 14 of these guys plus the warlock and they can rock.
    Originally Posted by Reinnon
    to be a thousand son general isn't a choice in gaming, its a state of mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

The falcon needs vecored engines,

The Fire dragon exarch is not needed (dont like the FD in a falcon anyway, but I think most people that do will tellyou to ditch him)

Switch doom on the farseer for guide and keep the war walkers near him too, then I dont think he needs the scorpion body guard, I would put these with the other scorpions or use the points elsewhere
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay I edited my list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

We have chatted about the FD/Falcon issue, onbe other point I would make is I dont consider it a dependable source of anti tank either, some armies, such as IG, are adept at screening their tanks with infantry, the short range of the FG means they have to debus close to the tank and that will be stopped by an infantry screen

Other than AT/FD I think the list is pretty solid
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

+ Reply to Thread