Eldar Pirate, 1500 ideas - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eldar Pirate, 1500 ideas

Just toying with the idea of creating a themed eldar pirates/renegades army based around a pilot fleet but am having trouble finding much fluff with regards to eldar pirates. I would hazard a guess that a pirate force would consist of primarily guardians (standing in for riff raff who've joined pirate fleet), units of jetbikes/vypers etc, battle tanks/walkers and rangers. I cant see that aspect warriors would likely be serving in renegade fleets so they are banned as are wraith constructs.

As far as HQ choices go it seems to fall down to autarch (fleet commander) or farseers/warlocks. Perhaps one of each? So here goes this is just a quick list which I feel fulfills the fluffiness although any input on fluff or competitiveness is more than welcome.

HQ (241)
    Farseer - Singing Spear,Spirit Stones,Doom,Guide (123)
    Farseer - Singing Spear,Spirit Stones,Guide,Eldritch Storm (118 )

Troops (1089)
    20 Storm Guardians + warlock - 2x flamer, Enhance (212)
    20 Storm Guardians + warlock - Singing Spear, 2x fusion guns, Enhance (215)
    20 Guardians + Warlock - Scatter Laser, Conceal (215)
    20 Guardians + Warlock - Scatter Laser, Conceal (215)
    8 Pathfinders (240)

Heavy Support
    1 War Walker - 2x Bright Lance (90)
    1 Fire Prism - Shuriken Cannon (125)

Total - 1500

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

I haven't gotten the new codex yet so I can't comment directly on the list itself, but twenty man squads although fragile will admittedly last unit they are with range, but there not that flexible. Meaning there very hard to hide behind cover. Maybe some dire avengers in there and some jetbikes would help. Your seriously lacking on speed a fire prism doesn't count as speed due to the fact you don't want your opponent to be able to shoot at it, but hey its JMO.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good thought

Yes perhaps I could replace one of the squads of guardians with a unit of guardian jetbikes to give me something a little more manouvarable (yeah ok I can't spell) unfortunately due to fluff restraints dire avengers are out (no aspect squads) but jetbikes are certainly worth looking into. Thanks for the input.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

Fleet makes your army fast enough. You don't HAVE to go zipping round the battlefield.

I'd put conceal on the storm guardians though. The +1 WS won't help you hit much (guardsmen and little nids) and you don't need to block marines more often. The initiative is handy but conceal will come in handier. Your opponent will typically shoot at the closest unit and since your storm guardians will be fleeting more they will be the closest targets. Conceal all the way.

Also consider dropping a farseer in favour of a wraithlord. It will attract firepower away from your fragile vehicles, give a solid anchor in assault and with a bright lance it can help hunt enemy tanks.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good thoughts

Ok well again fluffness brings a problem there in that I cant see a pirate fleet having access to wraithlords. As far as I am aware infinity circuits would not be found on these rebel fleets (I invisage them souls of the dead being placed in a world spirit or infinity circuit when a craftworld or exodite world is visited although I may be wrong on this point...) Although I do agree my army could do with some more anti tank power... As to the toss up between fleet of foot infantry and jetbike squads I'm going to have to look into it. Thanks for all the input though

+ Reply to Thread