think about start a DE army! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

think about start a DE army!

Hello boys!

I have two 40k armies: damonhunters (with sisters of battle and Imperial guard as allies ) and chaos space marines.
    But I love the dark eldars models and we havent any dark eldar player in my group, so I am thinking about staters this wonderfoul army. But I dont know how the army work...

I made a 1000 pts lists to know what buy to starter this army. Can you help me?

ps. sorry for my poor english.

whych cult army

HQ : 297 pt
    Archite: Agoniser, Splinter Pistol, Wych Weapons, Plasma Grenades and retinue.
    Wych Retinue -
    Wych Succubus: Agoniser, Splinter Pistol, Wych Weapons
    7 Wychs: 2xBlaster , wych weapons and plasma grenades
    1 Rider

ELITE : 200 pts

2x warrior squad : x2 Dark Lance

Troops : 2x wyches (227 pts each)
    1 Wych Succubus : Agoniser, Splinter Pistol, Wych Weapons, plasma grenades
    9 wyches: plasma grenades, wych weapons and 1x blasters
    raider

951 pts.

what you think? its ok to starter? what to buy next?

thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

Mmm... This is really frustrating, I made a very long and detailed reply to this thread and it just dissapeared completely, so I have to start again...

Ahhhh... Bugger. Sorry, Can't post again right now, but will get back to you ASAP.

Edit: Ok, well, here I am, as promised.

-------------------

whych cult army

HQ : 297 pt
    Archite: Agoniser, Splinter Pistol, Wych Weapons, Plasma Grenades and retinue.
    Wych Retinue -
    Wych Succubus: Agoniser, Splinter Pistol, Wych Weapons
    7 Wychs: 2xBlaster , wych weapons and plasma grenades
    1 Rider

ELITE : 200 pts

2x warrior squad : x2 Dark Lance

Troops : 2x wyches (227 pts each)
    1 Wych Succubus : Agoniser, Splinter Pistol, Wych Weapons, plasma grenades
    9 wyches: plasma grenades, wych weapons and 1x blasters
    raider

951 pts.

what you think? its ok to starter? what to buy next?

thanks!

---------------------

Ok, firstly, in an ordinary wych cult, I see no reason to ever take a retinue of wyches, unless it's just for fluff reasons and you're using different models for them or something, but game wise, it is almost always better to make that unit into just another ordinary wych squad as a troops choice. The benefits of this are firstly that your archite doesn't need to be attached to the unit if she doesn't want to, but she still has the option to join the unit (or any other) if she so wishes. Another benefit is the random nature of the wyches drug rolls, so it means, if one of your units gets the 12" charge drug, you can take advantage of this and join the archite to this unit meaning that the squad rushes forward and gets a first turn charge, with the archite with them. If your archite had been attached to a retinue, and another squad got the 12" charge, she wouldn't be able to break off and join them, she'd have to stay at the same pace of her retinue. Also, being able to break off at any point greatly helps for morale purposes, if your squad breaks and it's below half strenght, its a gonna, but if she detaches before this, you're still good. It's just a simple matter of moving the squad from retinue to troops, costs no points.

The only exception to this law, is when you're using lelith hesperax, which gives you a pretty huge load of benefits, lelith is up there with the best value models in the entire game, she's pure gold. Just compare what an ordinary archite would cost with her gear, see how much you save, and in addition you get +1 WS and a couple of neat special rules.

OK, she can't get combat drugs but this is easily overcome, firstly, she has +1 weapon skill, thats 1 drug already, this is a pretty useless drug for an archon, but for an archite, it's gold, It means pretty much all enemies will hit her on 5's. Even when they have WS6. That is pure gold. Another benefit of her is that you can choose her retinue's drug roll (the reason why you should take a retinue with lelith) and according to the GT FAQ, she gets to benefit from this drug roll, granting her a second 'drug', which is great again. Also, her special army rules, you may notice, do not ban the use of dracons, meaning her army allows you to take incubi in a wych cult, never possible in any other way. All this makes her supremely good value, esspecially in low points games and I would highly reccomend regularly using her, even if it's just her rules and using the fluff of your archite, you save lots of points and compensate in no ability. Also, if you abuse the entry of soul seeker ammo (not reccomended ,PM if you really want to know how) it makes her unbeievable.

Your 2 other wych squads are good, though I don't take blasters, that is mainly because I don't have the models for wyches with blasters, other people use 2 blasters per squad, but I think that 1 is just as viable, because it's really just insurance, its a just in case safety net, 9 times out of 10 you will need to fleet more than getting that extra shot off. I'm sure kwikwag will sympathise when I talk about the disadvantages of shooting with a close combat squad. When you shoot with a combat squad, you run 2 risks, the first is that, you shoot, you kill a couple, the enemy removes the closest couple of models, meaning you might not be able to charge, so you're stranded out in the open, getting slaughtered by anything from grot blasters up to battle cannons. The second is that you shoot, you kill a couple, and the enemy squad fails it's leadership test and breaks, leaving you in the same situation, and if they're marines, they'll just rally anyway and blast you. In addition, fleet means you'll get more models in, even if you could get the charge in anyway. Pretty much, the only times you'll ordinarily want to shoot is when you have the 12" charge drug or when you really need to soften up a carnifex with your blasters or something.

I don't know why, but even despite all this, I don't really like this list that much, mainly due to the 2 sniper squads. One is definately enough. It would be more fluffy, and argueably more effective for you to replace one of them with a small tank hunting reaver squad, this makes up for the lost anti tank but it's more useful, because they are so mobile, they are pefect for hunting artillery pieces like whirlwinds and basilisks, and you can also add in a succubus with a nice weapon making them very versatile. You already had 49 points left, so if you take those changes, including the archite to lelith, you could even add in a warp beast pack to this killer wych cult.

What to buy next? Definately some reavers, a ravager is always good, and some more wyches. You don't need more warriors, but they could come in handy later on, though taking a lot of them isn't very fluffy for a wych cult.

Good luck and happy gaming, may all your slave pens be full and your wych cult triumphant.
    Last edited by Tenozuma; February 1st, 2007 at 09:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

+ Reply to Thread