Eldar List Idea - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eldar List Idea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eldar List Idea

OK I had a thought for the basis of an Eldar list. I through it into army builder to see how it played out and fill the rest to make a 2000 list.

HQ: x2 Farseers with Guide and Doom

Elite: x2 full unit of Banshees with Exarch w/ executioner

Troops: x2 full unit of Avengers with Exarch, power weapon and shimimershield

**This is the basis of the army. A farseer behind a unit of avengers, with a banshee unit next to the avengers for a responding assault unit. Keep those threee together marching across the table.

To fill out the rest of the army I came up with this.

Troops: x3 unit of 6 pathfinders

Elite: x1 unit of 5 firedragons and exarch (to be put into the Falcon)

Fast: Vyper jetbike with shurikencannon, starcannon, for infantry killing.

Heavy: Falcon with bright lance and shuriken upgrades, and all upgrades.
    x1 full unit of Reapers and exarch.

Does this seem like a reasonable balanced list for 2000 pt level, with enough to handle infantry armies, and vehicles?

Age is a state of mind, and since I have no mind, I don't age.
    Check out my painting blog at http://gmansminipainting.blogspot.com/

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

I wouldn't put a brighlance on a falcon as you can't move and shoot both it and the pulse laser. Whereas with every other weapon you can.

You're instincts that you're otherwise a little short on anti armor are right though. But I think you should get it someplace else.

Be aware that a vyper is hard to use well. It's extremely dependent on the terrain to be able to shoot without taking return fire. This is especially true with the shurican cannon as you have to get within 24" so even regular space marines can threaten it.

Personally I would advise ditching a bunch of the pathfinders for some more anti vehicle. Personally I use a pair of falcons with fire warriors and I've really enjoyed the combo.

Also I wouldn't bother with stones and guide on the farseers. Just get more avengers with the points (unless you're trying to save in real money of course )

Also I personally feel that harlequins currently make better foot slogging countercharge troops while Banshees are more of a wavesperpent unit but that's just me and the banshees shoul do alright against most targets, especially since you have doom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea I can see dropping one of the pathfinder units, for another falcon or maybe another unit of reapers. Haven't actually used reapers yet, so don't know how effective they are. I see what you mean about the second heavy on the falcon and moving more then 6". I just wanted more armor piercing potential. Maybe drop a pathfinder and the vyper for both, another Falcon and reaper unit?

I personally like banshees, and already have 1.5 units worth of models, sooo. The idea is they stand next to the avengers, a little behind them, so if someone really wants to shoot them they have to do a priority test. Otherwise shoot at the avengers which have the shimmershield.

I have run, and had it played against me, a list with just 1 farseer, avenger unit and banshee unit, using those tactics. It really owned the board. So of course I thought having it twice in a larger 2000 list would be double the fun(for the eldar player). I was actually surprised to see how little doing that, cost. Sure you're using both HQ slots, but a lot of Eldar players do that. Avangers are great all around IMHO, and that is at least your two troops. IMHO banshees rock even with out doom. I've read many reports of people being dissappointed with the results of Harli units performance. /shrug.
    Age is a state of mind, and since I have no mind, I don't age.
    Check out my painting blog at http://gmansminipainting.blogspot.com/

Knight of Goodlyness paladin777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay, I like the farseers, (I don't use guide as I am mostly ulthwe assaulty). You may want to have some scorpions on hand just in case you are facing a swarm army. I will tell you the same thing I told someone else. When I started eldar, I wanted 3 full squads of banshees because of all the pretty power swords, then I faced and ork army and was slaughtered, and my banshees didn't do the most good against T4 with 6+ armor saves. note that I am not bashing banshees at all, I still have 2 full squads that I often run, its just that against non-MEQ opponents, they can be inferior to scorpions.

I will agree with sunny on the BL on the falcon, for the same reasons. I will also agree with him on the pathfinders (me and him seem to agree a lot). However he may disagree with me here: you may want to try BL vypers, 2 to a squadron and if you want to use shuricannons, you may, if not don't. 2 to a squadron which comes out to being less points than 1 falcon, and you have 2 tankbusting models if one dies

I just noticed that this is 2k pts after typing above. may want to swap out some of your pathfinders for more avengers, after all, volume over specialty seems to work for me (in my list I typically have just shy of 80 models, and I will agree that that is a bit extreme, but that's me HAHAHAHA)

BTW about the target priority, most things that would have to take a target priority test have LD in the 8+ range anyway, so most things will have a good shot at them anyway. thats why I don't use that in my calculations, and when it happens, I have an added bonus, but thats not often enough to base tactics off of.
    Originally Posted by Reinnon
    to be a thousand son general isn't a choice in gaming, its a state of mind.

+ Reply to Thread