1500 DE Army - Final version! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 DE Army - Final version!

I've posted a few lists now and I think I'm going to use this one as my final list. The idea is to have a powerful army but also one that has some fun stuff in that I like, hence the haemonculus and Talos. I play for fun, hopefully this will do. Anyone any suggestions on the list?

HQ:

Archon+punisher+torm helm+drugs+sfield+an vit+pg=152

Retinue: 4 incubi+4 war+2 SC+pg+raider=215

Haemonculus+scissor+destructor=45

ELITES:

9 wyches+ww+pg+suc+ag+raider=209

TROOPS:

10 war+2 dl=100

10 war+2 dl=100

9 war+sy+ag+sc+blast+raider=168

HEAVY SUPPORT:

Ravager+3 disin=120

Ravager+3 disin=120

Talos=100

TOTAL=1497.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by guardian angel View Post
    I've posted a few lists now and I think I'm going to use this one as my final list. The idea is to have a powerful army but also one that has some fun stuff in that I like, hence the haemonculus and Talos. I play for fun, hopefully this will do. Anyone any suggestions on the list?

HQ:

Archon+punisher+torm helm+drugs+sfield+an vit+pg=152

Retinue: 4 incubi+4 war+2 SC+pg+raider=215
    This unit is 363 points. 375 would have been 1/4 of your entire army. Given how tooled up your lord is, you can quite happily reduce the retinue to the basic 5 incubi and still have it be very killy. Remember, ideally you win combat on the 2nd round, so it's your turn again once you're out of combat. Also, you'll find many DE players don't like retinues with shooty aspects, because they can either cause enough casualties for their target to take a morale check, fail, and run (leaving the DE in the open), or the opponent can just remove the closest models, also preventing the charge.

Lately I've been preaching the wonders of a cheap, non-tooled Dracon. I won't continue the rant, but at least consider it.

Haemonculus+scissor+destructor=45
    Pretty standard Haemonculus. I assume he's going with one of the Raider squads. Fine.

ELITES:

9 wyches+ww+pg+suc+ag+raider=209
    Good.

TROOPS:

10 war+2 dl=100

10 war+2 dl=100

Also good. Although the way you write it is confusing is it 9 including the leader, or 9 + the leader to make 10? I'm assuming the former based on points costs

HEAVY SUPPORT:

Ravager+3 disin=120

Ravager+3 disin=120

Talos=100
    Also good. I like the ravagers, dissies are the right thing for the given the amount of anti-tank power in your troops. Can't say I've used a Talos, I figure you just want it as a fire-soak, given you're not using a Webway Portal. If that's the case, I would just make the suggestion that you need to make sure you only expose it when something else is exposed. Remember, if it's the only thing exposed, it's not really doing its job of taking fire AWAY from the rest of your army.

On the whole, pretty good list. Funny I should say that, considering it's got the same basic structure as mine. Differences are that I trade out the Talos and uber-Archon for a Jetbike tank-hunting squad and a Warp Beast pack. Some people are surprised to know that by tooling down their leader they can afford a WHOLE Warp Beast pack just from that.

As I said, pretty decent list. If I had to emphasise any suggestions, it's that I think having 1/4 of your points flying around on what amounts to a lightly-armoured kite is not the best idea...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the thoughts.

I see what you mean about the HQ & Retinue. I could drop down to just 5 incubi but I don't want to tone down the archon as he's nails!

The raider squads are 9 strong and the haemonculus is to go with one of these. As for the Talos, it is to be a fire magnet, but also a combat bruiser if I can get there. Plus I just love the idea of converting that model. It just looks so nasty!!

I think I'll fiddle with the Retinue slightly and see what I can do. Cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

The only problems I have are with your HQ.

That squad is major overkill, you will never need to combine a super tooled archon with incubi. Then adding warriors too serves no point, as rapid fire weapons are useless in an assault squad like this. You said you don't want to tone down the lord, but I'd at least move, him, and put a minimal dracon in that incubi squad, just because you need him to take them. So, you put the archon in the wych squad, and you add a dracon with no real gear to the incubi squad, taking out the warriors because they're a waste of points in that squad. Putting the archon in the wych squad has other benefits too, like, if they get the 12" charge drug, he can just choose that drug and go with them and assault turn 1, he couldn't do that with incubi, he'd have to stay there and be slowed down by the incubi. Also, please reconsider the annimus vitae, its a waste of points more than it isn't, basically because it isn't very easy to capture slaves, esspecially if they're space marines so it is often a wasted bunch of points.

The rest of your list is great. Happy gaming.

EDIT: You will of course need 1 more incubi in that squad to make it legal. 5 minimum.
    Last edited by Tenozuma; January 31st, 2007 at 11:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

I subscribe to the idea that good advice carries more weight when heard from multiple people and so:

Shooty warriors + incubi never seem to work well. You have several disadvantages like shooting the models in range of your charge or the warriors die in CC and you lose the combat and fail your morale test, bang there's 1/4 of your army running off the board (seen it happen more than just once).

The tooled up archon plus incubi is just too powerful, you are better served by using a cheap Dracon and putting the Archon with the Wyches or even a Sybarite squad. Ideally you don't want to wipe out his squad in your turn because 1d6" consolidation won't usually get you into CC again and you'll be stuck eating Holy Bolter fire.

Animus Vitae can only be activated on a few armies now so it's generally not worth the points.

Ever since my 3 Taloi list fought a Space Wolf company with two master crafted power fists in each squad I don't see them as the combat monsters I once did. But since you like the model I won't suggest an alternative.

The rest of the list is solid. Let us know how it plays for you.
    War Record Since Sept 2005
    Old Codex 48-20-9 Dark Eldar
    New Codex 1-0-0 Dark Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

I've noticed that we often say things like "a tooled archon with incubi is too much" but we very rarely explain why. The first reason is obviously the points cost, you've invested a good part of your army in just one squad that can go down like any other, and when it does, you've probably lost, using an all-your-eggs-in-one-basket squad means when it goes down, you're at a huge disadvantage. The other reason is that it is just too uber for standard games, what I mean is, what happens when you charge the enemy, rip them apart with your power weapon attacks till there is none left in 1 turn of combat, then you are left wide in the open in the middle of their army? The next turn, they get 3 or so squads together and rapid fire you to a horrible bolter death. And the chances are, your squad was worth a heck of a lot more than the one you killed. With dark eldar you have to be precise, you have to accurately predict how long each combat will go for, and make sure that the combat ends at the end of the enemies turn, so that when you wipe them out, you get a whole move and assault move to get into combat, avoiding getting blasted. A minimalist dracon with 5 or 6 incubi should amost always remove that marine tactical squad in 2 turns of combat, which is perfect, don't worry about attacks back, if you're killing half or more of the squad in the first turn, nobody is going to be hitting you back. Just don't attack small, insignificant squads with them, not only will you not get your points back by doing so, you have a good chance of overkilling them, then getting shot at.

I know I used to make this mistake and ignore all advice tellin me this when I started, but I guess you only really start believing it after experince.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

+ Reply to Thread