Signature Evolutionary Adaptations - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is the best SEA in your opinion?

18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bold

1 5.56%
  • Chameleon

1 5.56%
  • Fast Reflexes

10 55.56%
  • Nocturnal

1 5.56%
  • Ork Hybrid

5 27.78%
  • Sixth Sense

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

37 (x1)

Signature Evolutionary Adaptations

I'm nearly finished colleting my KM army and I was wondering what SEA is best to use as an all-rounder?

- Bold: +Ld for one meager point is great, considering the harsh morale rules for HtH, where one botched Ld roll could result in 10-15 models down the drain!

- Chameleon: + cover save... nice, but nothing spectacular about it! It's going to save 1 kroot out of 6 dead... and who cares if out of my 20 man unit I have 3-4 survivors?

- Fast Reflexes: +I can really boost your day, permitting you to first strike a quite ample variety of opponents, while striking on par with most of the rest.

- Nocturnal: I won't even comment on this one...

- Ork Hybrid: +T can greatly enhance the survivability of your army, but for the points you could quite simply beef up the numbers and have the same effect.

- Sixth Sense: not versatile enough to make it a viable option for a generalised army, though great if you plan on playing IG!

At the moment I'm undecided between Bold and Fast Reflexes... what would you guys advise?

Edited out what the exact bonuses are. ~Lost Nemesis

Last edited by Lost Nemesis; January 3rd, 2007 at 21:04.
    - Just love that maki! -

2. Remove Advertisements

Rochester, NY
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

431 (x8)

I personally like Fast Reflexes as the overall most flexible choice.

1) Go same time as marines, Chaos, 'nids and before guard in combat, which means more attacks and more kroot alive.
    2) Cheap
    3) Simple to model (a few jumping or "dodging" kroot per kindred works)

Though, you did forget one option:
    -no adaptation: Allows you more models and really isn't that big of a disadvantage with more models on the field.
    Check out ==My== blog:

Fort McMurray
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

6 (x1)

First it's the fast reflexes. If you're planning to charge first turn, you're probably not going up against something higher than 4 init.

If they ARE big, brutish, scary things that bash you into the ground in cc, then you just get ork and infil, probably get first turn, and unload a good 300-400 rapid fire volley into them(2000 point game)

The others seem a tad useless to me.
    + Leadership seems pathetic for the cost
    + Cover save really doesn't seem that great. Considering you're paying one point, it should also give a bonus while in cover. (ie: 6+ cover save+ Evolution = 5+ Cover Save)
    Nocturnal... Yeah, I won't comment, either. Just... Don't. For the love of god, don't.
    You wanted an all-roundish, so i don't really think sixth sense fits in at all. It is quite handy for just a low price of 1 point, though, if you're up against some sort of basilisk-loving IG player.
    So 1337 that it'll crash your physics engine.

+ Reply to Thread