800 PTS tau Friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

800 PTS tau Friendly

NOTE:THE LIST BELOW IS UPDATED

HQ1: Shas'o /w/CIB, Misslepod, Burstcannon, HW-MT, . PTS:115

HQ2: Shas'el /w/ Plasma rifle, Fusion blaster, HW-MT PTS97

Elite: 3 Squad stealth suit team /w/ Shas'vre, Bk. PTS:105

Troops 1: 6 Firewarriors /w/ Shas'ui, Markerlight, Bonding Knife, HW-MT PTS90
    Troops 2: 6 Firewarriors /w/ Shas'ui, Markerlight, Bonding Knife, HW-MT, HW-DC PTS90
    Troops 2's retinue: 1 markerdrone. PTS30

Troops 3: 12 Kroot PTS84

Devilfish: MT, Seeker missile(2), DL, DP, FD. PTS:130
    Devil fish will go with a Troop squad 1.

Fast Attack:5 Gun drones PTS60

Total PTS:801

That is my edited list. its still 800 and yeah. there are still things i can take out to make it a fine 700 pts
    like i can take away drones. the 2 seeker missles. the FD thats 90 pts. or, the drones MLDrone and the FD that 100. i might play around with the list and such but yeah

Last edited by Hive Fleet Cobra; January 7th, 2007 at 05:29.
    No sig required.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ1: Shas'o /w/CIB, Misslepod, Burstcannon, HW-MT, SI, HW-DC, HW-Blacksun Filter.
    HQ1's Retinue:2 Gun drones
    I could see having the three weapons if they were all different, but do you need both the CIB and Burstcannon? Why not just drop the Burstcannon for points? This is an 800 pt game and you do have an HQ setup usually reserved for 2000 pts.

HQ2: Shas'el /w/ Plasma rifle, Fusion blaser, HW-Multi Targer, HW-DC, Iridium Armour.
    HQ2's Retinue: 2 Gun drones
    I think you need to shave points off of both of these guys, or drop one for 2-3 Crisis suits and added durability.

Elite: 3 Squad stealth suit team /w/ Shas'vre, HW-DC, Bonding knife, Markerlight
    Elite's Retinue: 1 Markerlight drone, 1 Gun drone
    You sacrifice all of their mobility for two markerlights? For those points you can get both of six more shots AND a 6" move in the assault phase.

Troops 1 & 2: 6 Firewarriors /w/ Shas'ui, Markerlight, Bonding Kinfe, Target-Lock
    Great setups. With the extra points freed from above I would either add another squad or just beef up these current ones.

Troops 3: 12 Kroot
    Sweet.

Troops 4: Devilfish, MT, Seeker missle(1), Distruptin pod, Decoy launchers(will go with a squad)
    At 5 points, a Targeting Array on a Warfish should be obligatory.

I have not given out the points for the modles because if you need to help me, you know the point cost. so realy there is not point of showing them.
    Bad idea. The first thing anyone looks at is the outfit, the second is the total amount of points. We know what the individual costs are, but you help out immensly just by putting the totals up. I suggest you do it next time, it makes it much harder to guage a list otherwise.

I played a game with this same list(cept for the Seekermissle,distruptionpd DL on the devil fish, i had TL's on my FW's,HQ1 and the elite) and won
    so the list is still basically there of what i used druing the game.(i will post a battle report =D)
    is there anything i can do to this list to make it better?(Next to adding FW,Stealth suits and crisis suits)
    You have taken a lot of upgrades for an 800 pts list. At that range you should be considering how many models you can fit in and at the same time evaluating just what upgrades you are taking are absolutely necessary. Of this list I would retool the HQ and Elites. The Troop selections are just beautiful, but I might beef them up just a little (an FW here and there, maybe even another small squad). If you do nothing else, take the ML's off the Stealths.
    "L'adace, l'adace, toujours ladace"
    - Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

Don't give the enemy a moment to consider how badly they are being beaten.
    Never build defenses; let the enemy die in theirs.

"Audacity, audacity, always audacity"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TreeSapX View Post
    I could see having the three weapons if they were all different, but do you need both the CIB and Burstcannon? Why not just drop the Burstcannon for points? This is an 800 pt game and you do have an HQ setup usually reserved for 2000 pts.

I think you need to shave points off of both of these guys, or drop one for 2-3 Crisis suits and added durability.

You sacrifice all of their mobility for two markerlights? For those points you can get both of six more shots AND a 6" move in the assault phase.

Great setups. With the extra points freed from above I would either add another squad or just beef up these current ones.

Sweet.

At 5 points, a Targeting Array on a Warfish should be obligatory.

Bad idea. The first thing anyone looks at is the outfit, the second is the total amount of points. We know what the individual costs are, but you help out immensly just by putting the totals up. I suggest you do it next time, it makes it much harder to guage a list otherwise.

You have taken a lot of upgrades for an 800 pts list. At that range you should be considering how many models you can fit in and at the same time evaluating just what upgrades you are taking are absolutely necessary. Of this list I would retool the HQ and Elites. The Troop selections are just beautiful, but I might beef them up just a little (an FW here and there, maybe even another small squad). If you do nothing else, take the ML's off the Stealths.
    Thank you for saying my troops are well n stuff. i have considered changeing the ML drone to go on the FW squad that wont be in a tank.
    but i take away the ML on the team, so they dont have any.
    adding on the TA on the Devilfish,yeah(ha u showd point cost!)
    now heres my problem with the HQ's
    i got the battleforce, and a commander box, i got the commander box like 4-7 months befor the battleforce...lol... so i dont have the other guns on the commander suit.
    however, i can add the AFP or the flamer. the flamer, iam not going to think about that, but the AFP, i can just stick it on the shas'el and be done with it taking away IA(thou i dont need to,just to free up points.)
    in any other way i can do that, i might not and just give the missle pod to the shas'el.. i dono
    iam going to remodle my list.

EDIT:::NEW LIST!

HQ1: Shas'o /w/CIB, Misslepod, Burstcannon, HW-MT, SI, HW-DC. PTS:125
    HQ1's Retinue:2 Gun drones PTS20

HQ2: Shas'el /w/ Plasma rifle, Fusion blaser,Flamer, HW-Multi Targer, HW-DC, Iridium Armour. PTS:111
    HQ2's Retinue: 2 Gun drones PTS20

Elite: 3 Squad stealth suit team /w/ Shas'vre, HW-DC, Bonding knife. PTS:105
    Elite's Retinue:1 Gun drone PTS10

Troop 1:6 Firewarriors /w/ Shas'ui, ML, Bonding Kinfe, Target-Lock PTS90
    Troop 2:6 Firewarriors /w/ Shas'ui, ML, Bonding Kinfe, Target-Lock,HW DC PTS90

Troops 4: Devilfish, MT, Seeker missle(1), Distruptin pod, Decoy launchers, TA PTS:115 Total PTS:800

(Note: the devilfish WILL go with a squad)
    Last edited by Hive Fleet Cobra; January 5th, 2007 at 19:50.
    No sig required.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hive Fleet Cobra View Post
    Thank you for saying my troops are well n stuff. i have considered changeing the ML drone to go on the FW squad that wont be in a tank.
    but i take away the ML on the team, so they dont have any.
    adding on the TA on the Devilfish,yeah(ha u showd point cost!)
    now heres my problem with the HQ's
    i got the battleforce, and a commander box, i got the commander box like 4-7 months befor the battleforce...lol... so i dont have the other guns on the commander suit.
    however, i can add the AFP or the flamer. the flamer, iam not going to think about that, but the AFP, i can just stick it on the shas'el and be done with it taking away IA(thou i dont need to,just to free up points.)
    in any other way i can do that, i might not and just give the missle pod to the shas'el.. i dono
    iam going to remodle my list.

EDIT:::NEW LIST!

HQ1: Shas'o /w/CIB, Misslepod, Burstcannon, HW-MT, SI, HW-DC. PTS:125
    HQ1's Retinue:2 Gun drones PTS20

HQ2: Shas'el /w/ Plasma rifle, Fusion blaser,Flamer, HW-Multi Targer, HW-DC, Iridium Armour. PTS:111
    HQ2's Retinue: 2 Gun drones PTS20

Elite: 3 Squad stealth suit team /w/ Shas'vre, HW-DC, Bonding knife. PTS:105
    Elite's Retinue:1 Gun drone PTS10

Troop 1:6 Firewarriors /w/ Shas'ui, ML, Bonding Kinfe, Target-Lock PTS90
    Troop 2:6 Firewarriors /w/ Shas'ui, ML, Bonding Kinfe, Target-Lock,HW DC PTS90

Troops 4: Devilfish, MT, Seeker missle(1), Distruptin pod, Decoy launchers, TA PTS:115 Total PTS:800

(Note: the devilfish WILL go with a squad)

Now you can see how this list is a lot more streamlined by just making a few changes. From here I think you should keep in mind that if your FW's need more support you could always A) Bring the gun drones over to 'em, or Drop the gun drones for additional FW's. Other than that it is just a matter of seeing how well those ML's perform in the field and deciding whether or not you'd rather the extra pulse rifles. Remember: You are losing out on 2 rifles for every ML, and three for every Networked ML. Keep this in mind as you watch their effectiveness. Are they adding that many hits AND making up for having 1-2 less wounds in the squad? This is really something you will have to play to find out.
    "L'adace, l'adace, toujours ladace"

Don't give the enemy a moment to consider how badly they are being beaten.
    Never build defenses; let the enemy die in theirs.

"Audacity, audacity, always audacity"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, i will check for that. thanks
    No sig required.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, first thing I want to say is you loaded up on way too much wargear. You'd benefit much more with more fire warriors and a railgun.

First your hq's, I personally would not have a shas'o ever, especially at such a low point level. For 15 points, you get an additional A, WS, BS and I. 3 of those stats are only useful in close combat which you should never be in. I personally run a Fireknife shas'el with a targetting array to make up for the lost bs.

With Ic status, you should never be shot at or charged, it's your greatest protection, you paid nearly 30 points per suit for it so why did you take it away by adding two drones? Take them away and keep them away! Another reason to take away is that they're not worth it on single suits, if they're commanders, ic status is all the protection they'll need and if they're monats, then if the drones are destroyed, then the monat suits will be taking man alone tests every turn.

Weapon loadouts on the suits seem ok, however I'd replace the burst cannon for a plasma rifle for added anti meq and take away the stimulent injectors, not worth it.

The shas'el seems quite similar to my sunforge suicide suit. Deep strike it behind some tank then fire away, however your shas'el seems quite expensive for this task. A single melta shot is going to instant kill it. I'd either go for a fireknife suit (Pr, Mp and MT) for long range support or just go for a shas'ui with twin fusion's and a targetting array to go vehicle hunting. Either that, or a Fusion, Plasma multi tracker shas'el to go marine hunting

As for your stealths, they seem very ill equipped, due to majority toughness, the first casaulty will be the stealths (since they're in the majority) so the gun drone isn't that useful as an extra wound till there's one suit left. Apart from that save five points and just make the shas'vre a team leader. Also the bonding knife's useless, by the time it's effect kicks in, there's only 1 suit left and he'll be taking man alone tests every turn!

The fire warriors look good but 6 man squads can't do much so i personally run 12 man squads with a shas'ui just for the extra staying power.

Kroot looks good, but Don't expect them to do much if they're aren't any forests around.

The fish looks great but I'd drop the disruption pods, it doesn't need to survive unlike a MBT especially since it isn't holding important cargo, just keep moving fast and you'll get the skimmer moving fast benefits anyways.

By taking out all those wargear and the drones, Try to beef up your fire warrior squads get a few more suits, a railgun or simply run a drone squad as a fast attack choice.

By the way, did you beat the space wolf guy yesterday?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, my kroot ran away on 1st turn. took them 3 turns to run off.. lol if they dident run i would have totally killed him. and then there was somthing stupid with the devilfish that happend. gah, but i beat him with my nids
    No sig required.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by lordnoobs View Post
    As for your stealths...due to majority toughness, the first casaulty will be the stealths (since they're in the majority) so the gun drone isn't that useful as an extra wound till there's one suit left.
    As I understand it. You only have to make 3 saves first (vs. the 3 of the majority), then you can take the rest against whoever you want. So it may not be useful from single heavy weapons fire but it may help a little against alot of small arms fire since they have good armor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for Those Looking At This The List Is Updated!!
    No sig required.

+ Reply to Thread