1500 Biel-Tan, all purpose - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Biel-Tan, all purpose

HQ:

120 = Farseer w/ doom, guide, and spirit stones.

Troops:

294 = 2 x 10 Dire avengers w/ Exarch and blade storm

Elites:

197 = 10 Striking Scorpions w/ Exarch, bitting blade, and shadow strike
    182 = 10 Howling Banshees w/ Exarch and executioneer

Fast Attack:

227 = 5 Shinning Spears w/ Exarch, withdraw and star lance

Heavy Support:

175 = Falcon w/ Scatter Laser, holo fields and sprit stones
    155 = Wraithlord w/ EML and Bright Lance
    145 = Wraithlord w/ EML and Starcannon

Total 1495

One of my concerns is infiltraiting only 1 squad, espically against a shooty army like my buddies Tau. I dropped a squad of fire dragons in the falcon and a wave sepent for scorpions in favour the hard hitting shinning spears . Any opinions welcome. Thanks.

Last edited by DrTeeth; January 7th, 2007 at 22:23.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why does the one WL have an EML and Starcannon, since if it shoots at tanks it wastes it, and if it shoots infantry then more shots is better, you might have to specialize with your WLs by making one anti-tank and the other anti-infantry. About infiltrate, remember that you can't always do so (though usually can) and so decide whether you want a transport for it based on that, the Spears can always suppoort them, but the spears too will be in danger since they are your only really fast unit. And if your Banshees are the only unit foot slogging then then expect them to attract all weapons like Heavy Bolters, and to probably die. Simple fact is that Banshees are worse than Scorpions armour wise and if he/she can disable your main second wave assault troops, then he/she can clean up your two units that will assault early and handle other units fairly easily without any assault threat.

Basically you should either specialize a bit more with either assault units or shooters. So either Dark Reapers or more footsloggers. You could just use transports for the lot though, that would solve some problems but you might miss out then on something else.

Really, you probably don't need two Wraithlords since everything can move faster than them. Dire Avengers can 'Fleet' when not in range, and so can Banshees, Spears are jetbikes, Scorps infiltrate and the Falcon is a Fast Skimmer Tank. So really you should focus on using only two ways to move either normal movement and 'fleet' or transports and 'fleet'. Infiltrate would work as 'fleet' but only if you support the squad fast enough. Elsewise they'll be taken out like piecemeal, your armies components eliminated right before they can effect the enemy.
    "Thousand Sons! Fight in the Emperor's name!"

W/D/L
    DA :8/5/7 Eldar:3/3/5 1KSons:3/1/2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see your point with the WL's weapons. Honestly, the BL and SC were last minute additions, and I was not real happy with them truth be told. If I loose a WL i can get all around quicker with a fire prisim, holo fields and spirit stones with a few modifications to the overall list, but I am not completly sold on the one shot of the prisim. I liked the WL's, however, because of their ability to be a weapons platform as well as a close combat unit, but agree that if others are fleeting they would be left behind and may not get to where they are needed in time anyway. As far as more specialization, I am unsure what I would drop to get either more shooty or more CC. The spears are an option, being a big point sink, but without them I loose alot of my fast assult capabilities. Thanks for the input.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh believe me, when it comes to dumping points I too have problems and can't seem to do it and fit what I want. So I field non-competetive but fun and fluffy (for my Craftworld) forces that are exactly what I want to play and don't even die all the time.

(I think I have something like 3wins, 3draws and 4losses with them so not too bad actually, I've been tempted to post them for modification advice, but I love them so).
    "Thousand Sons! Fight in the Emperor's name!"

W/D/L
    DA :8/5/7 Eldar:3/3/5 1KSons:3/1/2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Your banshees are my biggest worry, without a transport they are gonna get shot to shreds unless you play in a load of cover.
    Given you are short on points, I would replace them with a (smaller) squad of harleys with a shadow seer
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

+ Reply to Thread