Tau 750 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tau 750

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tau 750

OK people now I don't play Tau but my friend is thinking about getting back into the game after selling his Tau to a mutual friend. Now I suggested to him to make a Mobile Force rather then the static force that I usually see and he said give him an example of a mobile force and I was just wondering if this would be a good list to show him. I don't know the new Tau codex very well so I could only think of the stuff that stood out in my mind. ANy way I leave it up to you experts who actually play the race.

750 Pts - Tau Empire Roster - Unnamed

HQ: Shas'el
    1 Shas'el
    Cyclic Ion Blaster; Iridium Armour; Missle Pod; Hard-wired Target Lock; Shield Generator

Troops: Fire Warrior
    6 Fire Warrior
    Pulse Rifle
    1 Devilfish
    Burst Cannon; Gun Drones; Disruption Pod; Landing Gear
    2 Gun Drones
    Twin Linked Pulse Carbines

6 Fire Warrior
    Pulse Rifle
    1 Devilfish
    2 Gun Drones

Troops: Kroot
    12 Kroot
    Kroot Rifle

Fast Attack: Piranha Light Skimmer
    1 Piranha Light Skimmer
    Burst Cannon
    2 Gun Drones

Heavy Support: Hammerhead Gunship
    1 Hammerhead Gunship
    Railgun; Two Burst Cannons; Targeting Array; Disruption Pod; Landing Gear

I was thinking that the small Fire warrior units are just as effective with 8 models then with the full 12 and I was hoping that the kroot use infilatration to their advantage. The commander alone would hopefully mean he can deepstrike if not the 2+ save and shield generator should keep him alive for most of the game. The tanks are there for more of a Mobile force feel. I don't know much about the Piranha and maybe this would be better swapped out with a Pathfinder team instead. Anyway thanks for the help and advice in advance.

....That which is sacrosanct I shall preserve
    That which is sublime I will protect
    That which threatens I will destroy
    For my holy watch will know no bounds.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

What's with everyone using the Cyclic Ion Blaster lately??? J/K Overall your HQ is not that bad of a choice but I would drop that silly Cyclic Ion Blaster 5 shots at strength 3 with a slight chance to get an AP1 wound NO THANK YOU pick up a plasma rifle instead. FINALLY someone else that uses 6 fire warriors however I would just use 6 basic guys with EMP grenades it's a nice little suprise for an unsuspecting enemy.....HAHA. If you can get the points I would put a SMS on the Devilfish and drop the disruption pod and landing gear and pick up a target array (7 strength 5 shots at BS4) I'll take it. Kroot I'm not a big fan of them I would drop them from the list entirely especially a small unit now if you could bump it up to a 20 man unit then there is a different story.
    If anybody disagrees with me Chuck Norris will roundhouse kick you in the face.....not really. But wouldn't it be cool?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

And I almost forgot about the Hammerhead. You don't need the target array it's already added in also get rid of the two burst cannons and put in a SMS b/c if you are using the burst cannons you are WAY to close. You have a 72 in range use it to your advantage and use the SMS just in case 4 shots that don't require line of sight thats nice.
    If anybody disagrees with me Chuck Norris will roundhouse kick you in the face.....not really. But wouldn't it be cool?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by churchic View Post
    And I almost forgot about the Hammerhead. You don't need the target array it's already added in also get rid of the two burst cannons and put in a SMS b/c if you are using the burst cannons you are WAY to close. You have a 72 in range use it to your advantage and use the SMS just in case 4 shots that don't require line of sight thats nice.
    Or even better dont bother with SMS you should never be close enough to use em (BC comes as standard so your losing nothing) and take a multi tracker instead, the ability to move 12" and still fire is MUCH more important than the SMS shots and I cant believe you did not advise him to take the multi Church.

The best build for a HH is Railgun, BC's, Muulti and Decoy launchers for 165pts

Now rest of the list
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir-Zine-of-Dal
    HQ: Shas'el
    1 Shas'el
    Cyclic Ion Blaster; Iridium Armour; Missle Pod; Hard-wired Target Lock; Shield Generator
    Very very bad set up, you have a close range weapon and a MP that offers saves, you also have iridium armour that reduces your assualt move, this equals dead Shas'El, the HQ is also way overpriced, lose the shield gen, with proper use of IC status and the jump shoot jump move and cover you should hardly ever need it.
    If you want a MP on the Shas'El take a plasma and target array with HW multi, only 97 pts and much better at its job. If you want a bit of survivability give it stim injectors as well.
    Please do not deep strike your commander, he will die. The commander is much better used as a mobile weapons platform, using cover to snipe at tough units, do not deep strike him please.

6 Fire Warrior
    Pulse Rifle
    1 Devilfish
    2 Gun Drones

6 Fire Warrior
    Pulse Rifle
    1 Devilfish
    2 Gun Drones
    Seems fine if a little unorthodox, like the gun drone idea and the units should be ok in 750pts.

Troops: Kroot
    12 Kroot
    Kroot Rifle
    Yeah seems fine , if you have the models I would consider 8 Kroot and 6 hounds, the Kroot perform much better with them, see my Kroot tactica in the tactica stickied thread for advice.

Fast Attack: Piranha Light Skimmer
    1 Piranha Light Skimmer
    Burst Cannon
    2 Gun Drones
    This is going to be pretty much useless as it stands, what is it going to do exactly 3 BC shots and 2 gun drones are hardly scary, I would give it fusion and at least it can then damage armour, you should be able to pay for the fusion with the points saved on the Shas'El.

Good luck dude

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Yes you need to take a multi tracker thought I put it in there. Sorry my bad

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread