Raveners/Godzillia army list 2k - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Raveners/Godzillia army list 2k

HQ- Hive Tyrant- Winged,scything talons,rending claws, adrenal glands(+WS),warp field-166 pts

7 Warriors-leaping,extended C.,scything talons,rending c.-245 pts

Elites

Carnifex-Twin-Linked Devour, Barbed strangler-115 pts

Carnifex-Twin-Linked Devour,Barbed strangler-115 pts

7 Warriros-leaping,extended C.,Senses,scything t., Devourers-252 pts

Troops-

Ripper swarm-30 pts

Ripper swarm-30 pts

Fast Attack

6 Raveners-ST,rending-240 pts

Heavy Support

Carnifex- Venom C, ES,EC, Twin-Linked Devour,Flesh hooks-164 pts

Carnifex-Venom C, ES,EC,Twin-Linked Devour-163 pts

2000 pts

I think I have a balanced list of assualt,speed,and firepower.I don't know exactly yet havent tested it,want your opion.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

Hive Tyrant- Winged,scything talons,rending claws, adrenal glands(+WS),warp field-166 pts
    Replace the rending claws with scything talons, he ignores armour saves, hes a MC, unless your going tank hunting with him but then he'd need ES, & a Venom Cannon.

These are interesting, never thought of building one like that, but it'll probably work pretty well.

Drop the leaping unless these guys are going to be made for pure assault.

Okay this is a huge point sink if they are killed. I would replace some of these guys with gargoyles and add some cheap gaunts(spinegaunts) to your troop section.

I would re-equip these w/ES, reinforced chitin, a Barbed strangler and a Venom cannon. You need some anti tank. I would also recommend dropping some raveners for some warp blasting zoanthropes.

Your first two Carnifexes are anti troop the second two ought to be anti tank. Zoanthropes you got anti tank and some anti marine templates.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Illegal...

Interesting, but unfortunately not legal.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim_Reaper46 View Post
    HQ- Hive Tyrant- Winged,scything talons,rending claws, adrenal glands(+WS),warp field-166 pts

7 Warriors-leaping,extended C.,scything talons,rending c.-245 pts

Elites

Troops-

Ripper swarm-30 pts

Ripper swarm-30 pts

Fast Attack

Heavy Support

2000 pts

I think I have a balanced list of assualt,speed,and firepower.I don't know exactly yet havent tested it,want your opion.
    First, I'll agree with the pathofskulls, the Tyrant doesn't need Rending, go with 2 sets of Talons. Second, in order to be in an Elite slot, a carnifex must cost LESS than 115 points. Your's are illegal. By far the most poular elite Fex and probably the best overall, is ES and 2 TL Devourers (plus possibly flesh hooks). I'd go with a pair of those here and the VC/BS configuration that pathofskulls suggested.

Other than that, I like it. I'm a big fan of Raveners, but have only used them in units of 1 or 2. Let us know how the big units perform. My only other suggestion would be to swap a couple out for a few more Ripper Swarms. You don't have much of a screen for the Fex's, and you should try to keep them out of CC if possible.
    Last edited by OracleBoyd; January 14th, 2007 at 08:25. Reason: mixed up names
    - OracleBoyd

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

Good catch OracleBoyd, I didn't even see that, its been awhile since I actually looked at my tyranid codex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a dark angels ravenwing player,I have a thirst of speed army's with enmourus firepower,or assualt.so forgive me for the tyranid mistakes.I know raveners are a point sink,thats why I'm going to use them very wisely during battles.When I looked at them,thought they were the coolest models in codex,and with good stats.My simple strategy is use the warriors,and hive tyrant as a smoke screen for the carnifex's.Then When I get in CC or close to it I'll deepstrike my raveners then hitting them like a thunderbolt.For anti-tank purposes thought the tyrant,rending, Venom C can take care of the tanks or am I wrong? I rather take out 3/4 of the opponents troops,than worry about a land raider for example.I always can stun the tanks to buy myself time to assualt.

HQ- Hive Tyrant- Winged,2xscything talons, adrenal glands(+WS),warp field-170 pts

7 Warriors-leaping,extended C.,2xscything talons,rending c.-245 pts

Elites

Carnifex-2x Twin-Linked Devour,senses-113 pts

Carnifex-2x Twin-Linked Devour,senses-113 pts

6 Warriros-leaping,extended C., scything t.,rending -210 pts

Troops-

Ripper swarm-30 pts

Ripper swarm-30 pts

Fast Attack

Heavy Support

Carnifex- Venom C, ES,EC, Twin-Linked Devour-163 pts

Carnifex-Venom C, ES,EC, Barbed Stranger,Regenerate,Symbiote Rippers,Fleshooks -206 pts

2000 pts
    Last edited by Grim_Reaper46; January 14th, 2007 at 16:24.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

Starters you can't deepstrike your Raveners and then assault. They're not like lictors, so they'll be sitting ducks for one turn should you deepstrike them.

Carnifex- Venom C, ES,EC, Twin-Linked Devour-163 pts

Carnifex-Venom C, ES,EC, Barbed Stranger,Regenerate,Symbiote Rippers,Fleshooks -206 pts
    And you must like Impossible odds. You heavily lack anti tank, as I said before Barbed stranglers will do better then tanks and troops alike, if that large template hits it doesn't scatter so your opponent will be making quite a few saves. If it hits a vehicle then you still have a chance to punch through its AV.

Regenerate,Symbiote Rippers,Fleshooks -206
    Second fex this stuff above isn't necessary its a point sink, odds that you roll a 6 each turn to gain back that wound is extremely tiny.

And I would replace the extended carapace with reinforced chitin, an extra wound will often do you better then an increased save. The sniperfex that I told you of in my first post is only 163pts and has more power then the one you have above. If your opponent doesn't like your fexes, no matter how much you put on them he will bring them down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tested it in two games,lost the first game against a experienced player,but I did alot of damage,and at least 600 points was still alive on the board.Plus the table was 3/4 open field,I was shocked they survived 6 turns in a open field.

Second game I won was against a not so experienced player,never played against tyranids before.Instead of him avoiding assault,he actually wanted to assualt me.Then soon later learned that was a critical mistake after my raveners,hive tyrant,and warriors ate up his army like breakfest.

The problem wasent the tanks,at all,tanks did the least damage in both games for me.Seems like the warriors are the weakest link,their not that fast,and can get shot to pieces like no other.

HQ

Hive Tyrant- Winged,2xscything talons, adrenal glands(+WS),warp field-170 pts

6 Warriors-leaping,extended C.,2xscything talons,rending c.-210 pts

Elites

Carnifex-2x Twin-Linked Devour,Enhanced senses-113 pts

Carnifex-2x Twin-Linked Devour,Enhanced senses-113 pts

5 Warriros-leaping,extended C., scything t.,rending -175 pts

Troops

Ripper swarm-30 pts

Ripper swarm-30 pts

Fast Attack

Heavy Support

Carnifex- Venom Cannon, Enhanced Senses,Extended Carapace, Barbed Strangler,Reinforced Chitin,flesh hooks-164 pts

Carnifex-Venom Cannon, Enhanced Senses,Extended Carapace, Barbed Strangler,Reinforced Chitin,Symboiote rippers-165 pts

2x Zoanthrope-warp blast- 110 pts

2000 pts

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

Most expierenced players won't go for the horde and will go for the synapse first. But then again there are players who think they can take out the horde before it gets to them. I'd just take out the synapse then go for the small weakened stuff.

If you need to speed up your warriors outfit them for shooting and give them wings, perhaps one big squad with a venom cannon and as many deathspitters as you have room for. You'll have to drop a unit of raveners but you'll have another unit of fast synapse.

+ Reply to Thread