Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
My army contains 2 firewarior squads 1 kroot squad 1 hammerhead 1 devilfish 1 crisis suit (fusion,missil pod and multi tracker) 1 shas'o comander (twin linked burst cannons, flamer, plasma rifle and a hardwired multi tracker(yes, he is trigger happy)) and a pirana.
This comes to about 1,000 pts, I'm aiming for a 1,500 pts army without spending to much.
I am an absoult noob with warhammer 40k having only played 3 games (and losing tragicaly in each of them)
Any comments are apreciated
thx all who reply
thx, I'll get a stealth team as soon as I can, be a while B4 i get any more crissis suits, how far does a devilfish move and does it have to be attached to a squad?
army list: (i missed a couple of things in first post, sry)
HQ: shas'o with 1 flamer, 1 plas rifle, twin linked burst cannons, harwired multi tracker
PTS = 116
ELITE: shasvre with fusion blaster, missil pod and targeting array
stealth team 2 burst cannons and one fusion blaster
PTS = 181
TROOPS: 12 fire warriors with pulse rifles
10 fire warriers 8 pulse rifles 2 carbines 2 drones 1 devilfish
11 kroot plus shaper
PTS = 481
HEAVY SUPPORT: hammerhead with railgun
PTS = 160
FAST ATTACK: piranha with fusion blaster
PTS = 65
GRAND TOTAL PTS =1,003
Booted to the Army Lists subforum.
1) This guy is illegal. Each weapon counts as a Hard Point. A twin-linked weapon counts as two Hard Points ("two" weapons). So, you are taking 4 Hard Points worth of weapons, but you are only allowed 3.
2) The Flamer is pointless. With such a high BS, you are wasting the most accurate model in your army. Definitely drop it - on a model like this, other weapons are better.
3) Twin-linking is also pointless. You already hit on a 2+ - the re-roll is all but a moot advantage!
4) Burst Cannons are the sort of weapons you leave for Stealth Suits. You have enough high strength anti-infantry weapon in a list with Fire Warriors and Stealth Suits - what you usually lack is anti-MEQ, so I'd recommend changing him into either a Fireknife (Plasma Rifle/Missile Pod) or Helios (Plasma Rifle/Fusion Blaster). I prefer the Fireknife, myself, as it's easier to use his IC status to protect him from enemy shooting.
5) Last, a Shas'el with Targeting Array is a much better investment than a Shas'O. It has the same BS, so is just as effective, and all of the increased stats for a Shas'O are all but useless for a Tau player. I'd recommend the 'el with TA instead of the Shas'O.
1) The squad is too small to be truly effective. Three Stealth Suits won't do too much damage, and can be taken out quite easily, especially if within 12" to use that Fusion Blaster.
2) Burst Cannons are far better than Fusion Blasters on a Stealth Suit. For every one Fusion Blaster you buy, you all but waste two Burst Cannons - these guys are much more valuable as anti-infantry than they are as anti-tank, and with their average BS, the single-shot weapon won't be too useful.
I'd definitely suggest upping the squad to at least four Stealth Suits, though I'd heavily recommend a max of six, with no upgrades, just their Burst Cannons.
Devilfish with SMS; Decoy Launchers; Multitracker; Targeting Array
A light to medium tank with seven high strength shots per turn, within 18"... not a bad buy at all.
Remember - Kroot should only be used for assault if you absolutely must stop them from reaching your lines, or you have quite a few Hounds, which are far better in CC than their Carnivore keepers. They serve you much better as a shooty harassment unit, who also happens to be a cheap scoring unit that can infiltrate.
1) You have to buy a secondary weapon for him. If you want cheap, go for the two Burst Cannons.
2) The upgrade that any Hammerhead must have, regardless of anything else, is the Multitracker. Mobility is the key to the Hammerhead, and without the Multitracker, if you move more than 6" (needed for the Skimmers Moving Fast rule to be your primary defense vs. enemy shooting) then you can't shoot that heavy gun of your's.
I'd recommend taking the Railgun, Burst Cannons, Multitracker, and Decoy Launchers.
Hope this helps! Don't hesitate to ask questions or try things out for yourself, either.
ok the hammerhead has sms, i dont know where i can get a sms for the devilfish, am i supposed to pull the arms off my firewarriors with carbines and stick pulse rifles on them? lol
my comander looks absoultly defaced, do i pull the guns off him too? sry if this is sounding defensive but i realy dont know what to do about this... i'll fix up my army list to include the disruption pods on the devil fish and the array on the piranha
Decoy Launchers, not Disruption Pods - they will be much better for you. =)