1000pt Balanced - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1000pt Balanced

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pt Balanced

The main idea here was to incorperate the entirety of my current models ( Battleforce + 3 raveners), and then work up from there to 1000 points. In the end, though, I had to scrap one of the raveners to make it all fit, but I think it should make for a pretty good fight. (alternatively, I might lose four hormagaunts in place of the extra ravener, if it seems that my swarmy componant can be effective without them)

HQ:
    Hive Tyrant (143pts): 2x Scything Talons, Wings, +1 str

Troops:
    12 Spinegaunts (60pts): Spinefists
    12 Spinegaunts (60pts): Spinefists

12 Hormagaunts (120pts)
    12 Hormagaunts (120pts)

6 Genestealers (120pts): Extended Carapace

Fast Attack:
    3 Warriors (132pts): Scything Talons, Rending Claws, Wings, Bio-Plasma, +1 I

1 Ravener (40pts) : Scything Talons, Rending Claws
    1 Ravener (40pts) : Scything Talons, Rending Claws

Heavy Support:
    Carnifex (163pts) : Barbed Strangler, Venom Cannon, +1 BS, Reinforced Chitin

Total: 998pts

The idea is to have sort of a two-pronged attack. The hive tyrant would lead one brood of spine and hormagaunts, the warriors leading the other. Raveners and Genestealers add some needed punch, while the 'fex provides long range support.

Edit: Took the +1 I from the tyrant, added +1 W to the 'fex.

Last edited by Aahz; January 19th, 2007 at 02:41.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

Hive Tyrant (158pts): 2x Scything Talons, Wings, +1 str, +1 I
    Unless he's going up against special characters he really doesn't need the toxin sacs or adrenal glands, though a warp field might do him so good to get him to combat quicker.

Troops look fine.

3 Warriors (132pts): Scything Talons, Rending Claws, Wings, Bio-Plasma, +1 I
    These guys are really expensive just for three, I know the wings are pricey but the bio-plasma and adrenal glands aren't really necesary unless you think they'll help more then the rending claws will.

Carnifex (148pts) : Barbed Strangler, Venom Cannon, +1 BS
    Put reinforced chitin on him its the best upgrade for him pts wise that will help him survive longer, though consecuently should you ever put all the upgrades on him, ie. reinforced chitin, extended carapace, and bonded exoskeleton, he'll be one of the hardest things for your opponent to bring down and one of your biggest point sinks.

A reconmendation to you put some warp blasting synapse covering zoanthropes in there to cover your poor lack of synapse. Doing a pronged attack and splitting your forces up is a very bad idea. Even in small games once your synapse is gone your praying that your gaunts will pass there tests or you'll be destroyed. And the Zthropes are also there to make up for your for some more anti-tank/meq weapons.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pathofskulls View Post
    U
    A reconmendation to you put some warp blasting synapse covering zoanthropes in there to cover your poor lack of synapse. Doing a pronged attack and splitting your forces up is a very bad idea. Even in small games once your synapse is gone your praying that your gaunts will pass there tests or you'll be destroyed. And the Zthropes are also there to make up for your for some more anti-tank/meq weapons.
    Agreed. Zoanthropes are a B**** (all caps). They provide synapse and that strength 10 warp plast packs a punch. If you want to add more points, I would recommend a broodlord and retinue of 11 genestealers. One genestealer and one broodlord killed 10 tactical marines in an assualt... easy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless he's going up against special characters he really doesn't need the toxin sacs or adrenal glands, though a warp field might do him so good to get him to combat quicker.

Troops look fine.
    Hmm. The base initiative is enough to beat standard marines and powerfists.... though I'll have to test out its strength before I pull off toxin sacs.

These guys are really expensive just for three, I know the wings are pricey but the bio-plasma and adrenal glands aren't really necesary unless you think they'll help more then the rending claws will.
    Considering I'm preparing to fight Marines, the + I is almost necessary to beat standard marine Initiative. Bioplasma is cheaper than Scything Talons, and adds an extra +1 str rending attack. I'm convinced they are both worth their cost... and when you consider the total points cost and stats, it's basically like having a ravener with synapse added for a few extra points each.

Put reinforced chitin on him its the best upgrade for him pts wise that will help him survive longer, though consecuently should you ever put all the upgrades on him, ie. reinforced chitin, extended carapace, and bonded exoskeleton, he'll be one of the hardest things for your opponent to bring down and one of your biggest point sinks.
    A good recommendation, I think. I took the +1 I from the tyrant to add +1 W to the 'fex.

I'm confident I'll be able to keep my warriors out of serious harm, although I would like to get some zoanthropes. If I do, though, I would have to sacrifice troops to fit them in... maybe removing the raveners, genestealers, or both? Eh... I really like my raveners and 'stealers at the moment.

Thanks for the advice.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

As is your sacrificing your troops by not having proper synapse coverage. Three flying warriors are just looking for bolters to kill them. And with only a 3+ save on your tyrant he's toasted if theres any tanks in that army that you go against.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As is your sacrificing your troops by not having proper synapse coverage. Three flying warriors are just looking for bolters to kill them. And with only a 3+ save on your tyrant he's toasted if theres any tanks in that army that you go against.
    Ok, so what is your suggestion? Remove which units to accomodate the zoanthropes? If I remove troops, there is less of a need for extra synapse.... Two Zoanthropes with warp blast and synapse would be 130 points: basically the genestealer brood.

Also, the warriors will definately be out of harm's way until they can assault. I understand how important they are to keep the gaunts going.... if you lose synapse coverage on a guant brood, you can basically count the gaunts as a loss. A bolter (or tank, in the tyrant's case) can only kill if it can see its target.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

You forget about guess weapons, not so much in the SMs but in many of the other armies. As well as deepstriking shooty units, again not so common in SM, but if the only thing your going to play against is SMs then your really limiting yourself.

As for what to take out as to make the most out of what you have and whats important: drop a total of 4 hormagaunts(2 from ea brood), drop the ea spinegaunt brood to 9 and drop a ravener. Your squads are still running strong and you have two forms of synapse per prong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

....but if the only thing your going to play against is SMs then your really limiting yourself.
    What does this have to do with anything? I'm not limiting myself: my friend is the only one in my area (that I know of) that plays warhammer... he just so happens to play Space Marines.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

Limiting yourself as far as expierence(s) go. I believe it is good if possible to play against as many different armies as you possibly can for the expierence. And as far as you only having one friend in your area, how the heck am I suppose to know that you think I'm psychic. Though that would be cool.
    Last edited by Pathofskulls; January 20th, 2007 at 03:18.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No worries man. As far as the list is concerned... I'm considering your ideas... I might end up dropping an entire gaunt box (8 spines, 8 hormas..... culling the broods to 8 each..) to add in some zoans. When I make it to 1500, you can bet I'll have my full amount of zoanthropes. For now, though.... I'll see where I can squeeze them in.

I'm so fond of the raveners though. We played two test matches of 500 and then 650 points (the 500 match was played with the '500pt battleforce' list I posted earlier): The first was a close draw in my favor (playing Alpha Secure and Control), the second was a complete annihilation (Playing Gamma Recon). Thanks to the raveners, I killed his termie armored commander in the second turn, then consolodated into his dreadnaught, tying it up for another two turns. The hormagaunts were able to reach one of his tactical squads by turn two as well. Though pretty much ineffective in actually killing the marines, they were able to tie them up long enough for the genestealers and warriors to engage. In the end, I had killed 650 points of marines, while only losing 320ish points myself.

Again, thanks a lot for the suggestions - I might have to proxy some things the next time I play my friend.

+ Reply to Thread