2000 Point Necron vs Eldar / Black Templar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 Point Necron vs Eldar / Black Templar

Hey, I'd like some opinions on a list I've been working on to combat a few friends of mine. We've recently started playing 2v1 matches as a break from 1v1 and I know it'll be my turn to go solo pretty soon. The main worries I have against each of them has been the Avatar and Walker on the Eldar side and the Chaplain, Emperors' Champion, and Terminators on the Black Templar side.

Also, at the bottom I've listed everything I own, so when making suggestions, please keep it to things I have as I won't be buying anything new for quite a while.

HQ
    1 Lord
    - Ressurection Orb
    - Veil of Darkness

1 Lord
    - Ressurection Orb
    - Destroyer Body
    - Phase Shifter
    - Warscythe

Elites
    10 Immortal

Troops
    10 Warriors

10 Warriors

10 Warriors

10 Warriors

Fast Attack
    3 Destroyers

5 Scarabs
    - Disruption Fields

Heavy Support
    1 Monolith

1 Heavy Destroyer

1 Heavy Destroyer

Phase Out: 14

Tactics:
    Deploy with 'lith and two warrior squads in the middle and HDs' back behind them. Immortals, Scarabs, and VoD Lord on one flank, D Lord and last two warrior squads on the other. Destroyers probably between VoD Lord and 'lith, depends.
    First turn; boost Scarabs forwards (into cover if possible), Veil Lord + Immortals to the other end of the table (terrain permitting), shift all Destroyers that direction as well, moving D Lord to meet them. If nothing has stepped into range, advance with warriors and 'lith.
    Basic plan is to overwhelm one flank first while using scarabs to tie something up and blocking the middle with the 'lith and two warrior squads.

Everything I own: 1 Lord, 1 D Lord, 4 Pariahs, 10 Immortals, 4 Flayed Ones, 44 Warriors, 3 Wraiths, 3 Destroyers, 11 Scarabs, 1 Tomb Spyder, 2 Heavy Destroyers, 1 Monolith.

Any helpful comments are welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

I can't really fault the list, I don't like the idea of the D lord myself (as the destroyer body suggests he will be assault where you'll want his res orb near your warrior mass).

However I feel the scarabs are useless, 5 simply isn't enough, they rely on their massive wounds and large unit size to work. I'd drop them and add 1 warrior to each squad.

That leaves you with 11 ish points, so you might as well give the VoD lord a warscythe.

Thats my take on it anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    134 (x4)

I generally look into giving a dLord a PS if I'm grouping him with some Wraiths. Everything on the dLord definitely suggests CC, yet he gets grouped with the one squad that will be avoiding CC at all costs. He'd be better used with that small unit of Scarabs, in which case drop the RO and PS and add 4 more to the squad. Now you're at 1999 on army cost.
    Last edited by kore; January 27th, 2007 at 18:36.
    Karmoon: "well.. any kore = good kore" 12:35pm PST 23 May 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe it would be beneficial to put the heavy destroyers in a squadron, it would just be two easy kill points for the other side if you are playing annihilation.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    720 (x8)

First of all I say this: Too few Destroyers... But, since you don't have more than 3 this is pretty much the best possible list you can build out of what you've got. I would certainly play that list. Although, I would put both the heavies into one squad. With the meager firepower of a single heavy you end up firing them to same target most of the time anyway.
    Revenant Moon Necrons: (W/L/D) 0/1/0 (6th edition: 13/2/2)(5th edition: 14/6/4)(3rd edition Codex: 16/4/7)
    XIX Legion: (W/L/D) 0/0/0 (5th edition: 14/12/2)(5th edition Codex: 4/3/0)
    Black Legion: (W/L/D) 1/0/0 (6th edition: 2/3/0)
    Something Wicked... Reikwald Beastmen: (W/L/D) 10/4/1

+ Reply to Thread