1500 mostly swarm help! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 mostly swarm help!

I need some help improving my 1500 pt nid list, its mostly a swarm army so I have A LOT on cheep disposable troops and a few big heavy hitters, I have it to exactly 1500 now but if anyone can help me work out the points its greatly appreciated
    well without further ado here is the list

HQ
    1) Hive Tyrant w/ enhanced senses, toxin sacs, 2 T-L Devourers, Warp field, and 2 Tyrant guard = 246pts
    2) Broodlord w/ acid maw, adrenal glands, toxin sacs, and 11 genestealers w/ extended carapace = 316pts

Elites
    1) Warrior brood(3) w/ Adrenal glands (both), Extended Carapace, leaping, toxin sacs, rending claws and scything talons

Troops
    1) (21) Spine Gaunt brood(gaunt w/ spinefist) = 105pts
    2) (21) Spine Gaunt brood = 105pts
    3) (29) Termagant brood = 174pts
    4) (16) Hormagaunt brood w/ toxin sacs = 192pts

Heavy Support
    1) Zoanthrope w/ synapse creature and warp blast = 65pts
    2) Carnifex w/ enhanced senses, Reinforced Chitin, spine banks, barbed strangler, and Venom Canon

if anyone has any suggestions they are very welcome

please click my eggs & dragon hatchlings:

Ignorance is bliss

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The HQ I find quite interesting. I bet you don't get to infiltrate within 18" much with that large a retinue! I'm not going to say chop it in half... just consider, has it been working well for you and would you do better with a smaller force that is more able to take cover in small pieces of terrain in order to be closer to the enemy? It's a lot of points, too, if it gets shot up (and being 1/5 of your army, I bet it will). And I'm not criticising, but I see Ext Carapace and Implant Attack as being good on a Broodlord - IA for taking out characters and so on. You've given him a bunch of things but not those. It's a matter of taste though I guess.

The Hive Tyrant has Warp Field even though he's not winged. Fair enough, you are getting a 6+ invulnerable save which you wouldn't get with Ext Carapace, but is it really worth the extra (x) points? And when you've got 4 Wounds worth of Guard to take hits early on, too? I wouldn't do it myself. Some people might advise you to take a Venom Cannon, though I won't say you really need to. Although 3 Strength 8 shots from your HT with his heightened BS is not too bad.

That's a hell of a lot of points you've spent on your warriors. I don't like Warriors myself, think they're too expensive for what they are. But if they work for you then that's fine.

Carnifex is good apart from Spine Banks. Does he really get his points' worth out of them? Zoanthrope is also good. But a Zoanthrope on his own seems kind of... incomplete. Lots of lists (that include Zoanthropes) take 2 or the full 3 at that many points.

Remember you have 6 Troops choices. You don't need to have those 29 Termagants all together as one unit, same for the Hormagaunts. If you split those units in two then your enemy has to work harder to kill them all (more wasted shots), they're easier to hide, and they're slightly less reliant on good movement dice rolls to make their way into combat quickly (two Fleet rolls per turn instead of one means you're less likely to have each moving 1 inch for example). And I think you have under invested in troops anyway. You could take some of your genestealers out of the retinue and make them a troops choice. Alternatively you could try and find the points for another Zoanthrope.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey thanks, I've been looking into maybe cutting out the retinue or even completely getting rid of the tyrant, I mean it pumps out 12 strength 5 shots with re-rolls with hits and wounds but it is really only useful against big infantry armies with bad saves like guard

I've been meaning to get more zoans and i forgot to get rid of the fex's spine banks, i think the original reason was because i had some extra points and no models left to fill it

I might cut the broodlord's retinue down, I haven't figured out if I want to or not yet. thanks for the advice on the splitting up the squads, it seems logical

EDIT:

alright I redid the armylist, here goes:

HQ
    1) Hive Tyrant w/ enhanced senses, toxin sacs, 2 T-L Devourers, extended carapace, and 2 Tyrant guard = 236pts
    2) Broodlord w/ Implant attack, and 5 genestealers w/ extended carapace = 162pts

Elites
    1) Warrior brood(3) w/ Adrenal glands (WS), Extended Carapace, leaping, rending claws and scything talons = 111pts

Troops
    1) (21) Spine Gaunt brood(gaunt w/ spinefist) = 105pts
    2) (21) Spine Gaunt brood = 105pts
    3) (14) Termagant brood = 84pts
    4) (15) Termagant brood = 90pts
    5) (16) Hormagaunt brood w/ toxin sacs = 192pts
    6) (6) Genestealers w/ extended carapace = 120pts

Heavy Support
    1) (2) Zoanthropes w/ synapse creature and warp blast = 130pts
    2) Carnifex w/ enhanced senses, Reinforced Chitin, Symbiote Rippers, barbed strangler, and Venom Canon = 165pts

total 1500 pts

so how is this one C&C welcome
    Last edited by Comm_Nagrom; January 29th, 2007 at 21:14. Reason: added armylist
    please click my eggs & dragon hatchlings:

Ignorance is bliss

+ Reply to Thread