2000 Point Zilla Psychic Choir - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 Point Zilla Psychic Choir

I've used this list twice. Once against Dark Angels and once against Necrons. It won rather handedly both times. It's scheduled to go up against a Rail Gun heavy Tau army in the near future. It should make for a fairly good match up.

This is a very cheesy list but, it's great for tourneys. Enjoy.

HQ
    164 Hive Tyrant EC, ES, TS(+1S), Psychic Scream, Barbed Strangler, Twin-Linked Devourer
    90 2x Tyrant Guard
    80 Broodlord EC
    220 11x Genestealers EC
    Troops
    120 6x Genestealers EC
    120 6x Genestealers EC
    120 6x Genestealers EC
    100 10x Hormagaunts
    100 10x Hormagaunts

Elite
    113 Carnifex ES, 2x Twin-Linked Devourers

Heavy Support
    179 Carnifex ES, EC, TS(+1S), Barbed Strangler, Venom Cannon
    195 3x Zoanthropes Warp Blast, Warp Field, Psychic Scream

Point Total: 2006 (We play with a 10 point buffer. It shouldn't be too tricky to shave off 6 points.)

4,000 + Points of Tyranids
    1,800 + Points of Imperial Guard
    1,600 + Points of Eldar
    ?,??? + Points of Witch Hunters (Just Started)

"There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.""
    - Dave Barry

<-- If you thought this post was helpful, please click the yellow star.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

I would drop the extended carapace in exchange for reinforced chitin, its cheaper and against tau, they have a lot of ap2 weaponry so I'd rather take an extra wound then a save that won't matter in the long run anyway.

Second why on earth do you have toxin sacs on these, they are entirely pointless unless these guys are going to be getting into combat. The weapons are already maxed out on there strength so theres no point in wasting valuable points.

Otherwise the list looks fine, cheesy but fine.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

You Could be in real trouble if he targets your synapse and Tau have the capability to do that. Also be very afraid of plasma squadrons (Jump Troops with 2x plasmaguns) These will eat through your monstrous creatures very quickly. I like to use S8 guns on the Tau Suits and say to my opponent make your save or be instant killed, it works great against broadsides as well there is a massive psychology about instant kill, losing you invincible broadside to a Venom Cannon when its an easy 2+ save can be disastrous for your opponents state of mind. Having said that he still does get a very good save.

Watch out for the sub munition rounds they will pop your stealer's as easily as any IG ordinance so take out the hammerheads fast.

I would consider reducing the size of your infiltration squad so that you can effectively hide behind cover to get 12" away as you can't fleet however you've obviously not had a problem with it in your last two games.

Carni
    If you like the post click the *STAR* <===

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x5)

As said, drop all te Extended Carapace upgrades. Tau have plenty of AP1 and AP2 weapons. Giving the Fexes +1 Toughness would be a better defensive upgrade.

Maybe give the Hormagaunts Toxin Sacs to help them Massacre Move into other units so they won't get shot up as much.

Tau hate...HATE flying Tyrants. I always take a Devourer/Flying Tyrant against them.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would drop the extended carapace in exchange for reinforced chitin, its cheaper and against tau, they have a lot of ap2 weaponry so I'd rather take an extra wound then a save that won't matter in the long run anyway.
    No. I'd rather be protected from AP3 weaponry.

Second why on earth do you have toxin sacs on these, they are entirely pointless unless these guys are going to be getting into combat. The weapons are already maxed out on there strength so theres no point in wasting valuable points.
    When I devised this list, I was playing against a Necron player that was using two monoliths.

Maybe give the Hormagaunts Toxin Sacs to help them Massacre Move into other units so they won't get shot up as much.
    In my opinion, upgrades on Hormagaunts are never worth the points. Besides, shots fired at the Hormagaunts are shots not fired at my more expensive units. I use them as an annoying meat shield for my Psychic Choir. With my opponents leadership at -4 that's alot of failed target priority tests.

Tau hate...HATE flying Tyrants. I always take a Devourer/Flying Tyrant against them.
    I'd rather have the 4 extra wounds the Tyrant Guard give me (to protect my Synapse). All I really wanted of the Tyrant was a BS4 large blast pinning shot to go along with the Psychic Choir.

For this army 18" is the important number. I try to get my army there as soon as possible. Once I'm there, I don't move forward any further (although against Tau I probably would). At that range, the 3 pinning tests, the devourers and the Psychic Choir cause all kinds of havoc.
    Last edited by Kurros; February 1st, 2007 at 16:22.
    4,000 + Points of Tyranids
    1,800 + Points of Imperial Guard
    1,600 + Points of Eldar
    ?,??? + Points of Witch Hunters (Just Started)

"There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.""
    - Dave Barry

<-- If you thought this post was helpful, please click the yellow star.

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by ImaFraud View Post
    No. I'd rather be protected from AP3 weaponry.
    As good as it sounds, Tau have 4 Ap3 weapons. Two of them will have trouble against high toughness creature and the other two are not commonly used.

In my opinion, upgrades on Hormagaunts are never worth the points. Besides, shots fired at the Hormagaunts are shots not fired at my more expensive units. I use them as an annoying meat shield for my Psychic Choir. With my opponents leadership at -4 that's alot of failed target priority tests.
    If you're using Hormagaunts as meat shields, why not use Termagaunts? Since you want to keep everything 18" away, Hormagaunts have a unique ability to assault out of synapse range. Plus Fleshborers would work with your 18" concept.

I'd rather have the 4 extra wounds the Tyrant Guard give me (to protect my Synapse). All I really wanted of the Tyrant was a BS4 large blast pinning shot to go along with the Psychic Choir.
    Juicy.

For this army 18" is the important number. I try to get my army there as soon as possible. Once I'm there, I don't move forward any further (although against Tau I probably would). At that range, the 3 pinning tests, the devourers and the Psychic Choir cause all kinds of havoc.
    I would worry about deepstriking suits with plasma guns. As you advance, it will give them more room to annoy you from behind.

Its a good list with a good concept. Rep.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

Mau'Dib
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

my primary comment is that against tau, Hormigaunts are insane. A squad of 8 of them will rip their way through fire warriors with no problem. Since you know you're facing Tau (and assuming you can customize) I personally would advise dropping one of the GS squads for another unit of hormies, they're almost as deadly to Tau, and you get two for one, plus the insane leap range.

Other than that, quite nasty (I'd drop the toxin sacs on the Carnies as has been said before) with very few changes worth attempting.

In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

Well one thing I would do is drop some genestealers and go for some squads of raveners. They are IMO much more usefull in a Zilla army though you need to know how to use em. First you need to keep em behind you TMCs so that their horrible armor save isn't expoused. Then when you are within range unless them and tear apart those tau in CC. The greatest thing as well is they can easily catch a crisis suit as they are beast and they have high enough WS and number of attacks to protect them from those pesky suits.

Hmm if your going to use your hormagaunts as shooting shields then deffinatly go with either spinegaunts or termagaunts. Also you may want a flying HT instead of a BL as I find the speed that he gives can be invaluable espically since most of your army is so slow. You never know when you might need that speed.

Overall a fairly usefull tournament list and really you shouldn't be to worried about one shot a turn HH as if you give them 5W they can't even kill one a turn (also 7T is very usefull against PR so I recommend it).
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

+ Reply to Thread