2000 pts eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2000 pts eldar

Knight of Goodlyness paladin777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pts eldar

we're going to see what everyone thinks about this list. sound good...good

farseer-spiritstones, mind war, fortune, doom
    4 warlocks-1 with enhance, 2 with destructor, 1 with embolden

14 storm guardians-2 with fusion guns
    1 warlock with enhance

1 warlock with enhance

1 warlock with enhance

9 banshees
    1 exarch with executioner, war shout, acrobatic

8 scorpions
    1 exarch with biting blade, shadowstrike, stalker

vyper-scatter laser, shuricannon upgrade, spiritstones

vyper-bright lance, shuricannon upgrade, spiritstones

falcon-scatter laser, holofield, spiritstones

wraithlord-starcannon

wraithlord-starcannon

Originally Posted by Reinnon
    to be a thousand son general isn't a choice in gaming, its a state of mind.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by paladin777 View Post
    we're going to see what everyone thinks about this list. sound good...good
    OKi doki, lets see
    farseer-spiritstones, mind war, fortune, doom
    4 warlocks-1 with enhance, 2 with destructor, 1 with embolden
    Trying to do too much with the farseer, would drop, probably doom, the unit is too expensive to be used exclusivelyfor support and so needs to get in there, in which case its focus would be on its self rather than any other units and with all those witch blades, they dont really need any help wounding
    given the rest of your army, fine
    1 warlock with enhance

1 warlock with enhance

1 warlock with enhance
    Hmm, OK here is my issue, if they need to hunt tanks, then they dont need to be bigger than minimum squad size, if they are going to get infantry then flamers are better than fusion guns, I would therefore swap at least one FG in each squad, would also consider getting the warlock a signing spear
    9 banshees
    1 exarch with executioner, war shout, acrobatic
    Not keen, too obvious a target, will be ok against assault armies, but most shooting ones will remove these from play quickly
    8 scorpions
    1 exarch with biting blade, shadowstrike, stalker
    Fine although an extra scorp would be good, would probably replace the banshee squad with another of these
    vyper-scatter laser, shuricannon upgrade, spiritstones

Spirit stones are a waste of points, be tempted to switch the scatter laser for a shuriken cannon, reason being if you want to use the full fire power you are going to have to be within 24 inches anyway so you are paying 10 points extra for the extra shot, that could feed you another 30 points if you need them

as for Bright lances, dont put them on things with BS like vypers, waste, switch them to the Wraithlords and put shuriken cannons on them
    falcon-scatter laser, holofield, spiritstones
    Vectored engines
    wraithlord-starcannon

wraithlord-starcannon
    as above, take the BL off the vypers and put them on here, otherwise you will be too low on effect AT
    but overall not bad
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

Well my advice is basically the same as Cheredanine's.

An expensive HQ isn't good in something like this. You need as many guardians/aspects on the board as you can to survive and you can't burn up points /w what Karmoon calls 'ear-rings'. I'd say drop mind war (doom will benefit those guardians a lot). Fortune is great on the banshee's if you can't see any heavy bolters in your enemies army. If you see some HB's cast it on the farseer squad. I would even go so far as to say drop spirit stones and another power, maybe just leave mind war. That frees up around 70 points to play with.

Your warlock squad probably only needs 1 destructor.

Bright Lances on the wraithlords, starcannons on the vypers. The scatter laser/shuriken vyper can stay as it is although I prefer a pair of cannons (looks cooler on the model and range issues). No spirit stones on the vypers.

Storm guardians should either have a mix of weapons or at least a few flamer squads in there.

Vectored engines on the falcon is good but I don't see it taking to much firepower here. Not with nothing inside it and all those monsters walking up the board.

One option to toy around with is to drop the falcon to get another full squad of banshee's. That makes you a lot more likely to get into cc with them and they will probably do more damage anyway. Or you could drop the farseer for them.

Try out a few games with enhance and then a few with conceal. I'm still not sure which is better on storm guardians.

Warp Spiders can work great with this army as well. More so than scorpions but thats a significant change and entirely up to you.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Knight of Goodlyness paladin777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LordLink View Post
    Well my advice is basically the same as Cheredanine's.

An expensive HQ isn't good in something like this. You need as many guardians/aspects on the board as you can to survive and you can't burn up points /w what Karmoon calls 'ear-rings'. I'd say drop mind war (doom will benefit those guardians a lot). Fortune is great on the banshee's if you can't see any heavy bolters in your enemies army. If you see some HB's cast it on the farseer squad. I would even go so far as to say drop spirit stones and another power, maybe just leave mind war. That frees up around 70 points to play with.
    I'll have to try that, i've never left home w/o a mind war, might be something different

Your warlock squad probably only needs 1 destructor.
    I had xtra points

Bright Lances on the wraithlords, starcannons on the vypers. The scatter laser/shuriken vyper can stay as it is although I prefer a pair of cannons (looks cooler on the model and range issues). No spirit stones on the vypers.
    I just today ordered 2 heavy weapon sprues so I can have a BL and an EML on my wraithlords and will give the vypers the starcannons

Storm guardians should either have a mix of weapons or at least a few flamer squads in there.
    fair enough, but I haven't got any models and I always take WYSIWYG, even for friendly (with the exception of the biting blade...working on that)

Vectored engines on the falcon is good but I don't see it taking to much firepower here. Not with nothing inside it and all those monsters walking up the board.
    might give it a starcannon w/ the new sprues, and will give it shuricannon upgrade, unless you think this is a bad idea

One option to toy around with is to drop the falcon to get another full squad of banshee's. That makes you a lot more likely to get into cc with them and they will probably do more damage anyway. Or you could drop the farseer for them.
    I just can't justify for fluff reasons for an ulthwe army to not take a farseer, sorry, otherwise I just might do the farseer thing. That falcon has also performed gameturning events, including but not limited to taking out 3 wounds of a bloodthirter in 1 turn, destroying defilers that were wrecking my guardians and banshees. It is like a security blankey, and I will cry w/o it (not literally) but thanks for the suggestions, anyway.

Try out a few games with enhance and then a few with conceal. I'm still not sure which is better on storm guardians.
    I don't know about conceal, but enhance rocks the sox off of many things. for example, I beat a khornate army almost entirely in CC before, the same goes with an assaulty tyranid list. I couldn't have done it with I4

Warp Spiders can work great with this army as well. More so than scorpions but thats a significant change and entirely up to you.
    I do that sometimes, I just felt like typing scorpions this time. but I do like my spiders though
    Originally Posted by Reinnon
    to be a thousand son general isn't a choice in gaming, its a state of mind.

+ Reply to Thread