1100pt's First Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1100pt's First Army

This is my first Eldar army list ever so...

HQ: 210

Eldrad

Elites: 105

3xWraith Guard

Troops: 288

Rangers

5xRangers
    Pathfinders

5xRangers
    Pathfinders

Fast Attack: 162

Warp Spiders

Exarch
    Spinneret Rifle
    Power Blades
    Withdraw
    Surprise Assault

4xWarp Spiders

Heavy Weapons: 335

Wraith Lord
    2xFlammers
    Bright Lance
    Eldar Missile Launcher

3xWar Walkers
    Eldar Missile Launcher
    Bright Lance
    Star Cannon
    Sprit Stones

TOTAL: 1100

"when God starts painting targets your first!"

Armies:
    Macedonian Corp. of the Elite (imperial guard)
    Good and Evil LOTR armies

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eldrad
    Awesome HQ, but maybe too expensive for this point level. A farseer with guide and fortune would fit your army nicely and free up a lot of points.

3xWraith Guard
    Way too small of a squad. They are most effective in squads of 5 in a wave serpent or a foot slogging squad of 10. You will also need a spiritseer so you don't suffer from wraithsight.

5xRangers
    Pathfinders

5xRangers
    Pathfinders
    Fine. I would probably trade them for dire avengers or guardians to help raise your low model count.

Warp Spiders

Exarch
    Spinneret Rifle
    Power Blades
    Withdraw
    Surprise Assault

4xWarp Spiders
    Again this squad is a little small, and with all those exarch upgardes for such few units it just makes it all the more expensive.

Wraith Lord
    2xFlammers
    Bright Lance
    Eldar Missile Launcher
    Alright, maybe. I don't have any experience playing them.

3xWar Walkers
    Eldar Missile Launcher
    Bright Lance
    Star Cannon
    Sprit Stones
    This is a very expensive, powerful, and fragile unit. It will atract a lot of attention and wont last long. The favorite combination for these guys is 6 scatter lasers. It is relatively cheap and pumps out 24 str6 shots for a bit over 100pts.

This armies biggest short coming is its model count. The fast moving warp spiders might not fit in so well, as they may be targeted if the enemy knows that they will be the first to reach his lines. My suggestions for changes would be to drop the spiders and fill out the the wraithguard(5) with a spiritseer and a wave serpent. Change Eldrad for a regular farseer and drop the pathfinders. In their place get get two squads of dire avengers with bladestrom. With these changes you add another 10 models in the match. This is just my opinion for change and it is by no means the best or only way. You are also going to want to re-think your heavy weapon placement. Anyways you are off to a decent start.

Good Luck!

James

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with the previous reply, yeah you have some hard hitting units, but you also dont have very many for a 1100pt game.

Eldrad - agreed, drop him, he is nice, pretty and does alot, but not really worth it for this army, i would take a farseer with a singing spear and doom, he only costs 87 pt vs Eldrads 210 and is just as useful to you.

Wraithguard - with them you sound like your going Iyanden here, and if thats the case then these will do you fine, but bump up the model count to no less then 5 and add a spirit seer. may also want to think about dropping your warwalkers. it will take alot more to knock guards down then it would a war walker squad but remember the spiritseer, he is ESSENTIAL here. to be more mobile 5 guard and spirit seer in a wave serpeant that has a shuricannon upgrade, vectored engines and TL Scatter lasers. will run about 360pts

Rangers - with a maxed out wraith squad, you shouldnt need these guys now, the wraith are sturdy and hard hitting. Instead put in those 2 units of 10 dire avengers with exarch who has 2 SHURiCATS and bladestorm and have the farseer back them up. Trust me, against most average units, your going to be making the opponent throw alot of saves, DAs might not be the strongest, but make your opponent roll enough and he will fail. Try and keep these guys in cover, if you cant, try replacing eldritch storm for fortune on the farseer. both units will run you 304pts

Warpspiders - they are cool, but dont really fit this army, they will be out there by themselves and you will just be handing your opponent points. possibly put a unit of harlies, scorpions or banshees on the board, my preference for this army would be scorpions. a unit of 8 inlcuding an exarch with a scorpions claw, stalker and shadow strike wiell cost you they cost 180pts. this unit is great for CC or counter charges.

Wraithlord would fit this army fluff wise, but might not be the most econmical choice, youve chosen some expensive units up to this point shining spears. they hit just as hard, good tank busters, are fast and decent CC units which other then suggesting scorpions, you are lacking. not to mention it will raise your model count. a squad of three with an exarch will cost 167pts

warwalkers are really fragile, be careful, you might be better off replaceing them like i said. the list here will run you 1098pts round about.
    Biel Tan Eldar 3-0-8
    Vanilla Marines 17-1-2
    Alaitoc Eldar 15-2-4
    Goff Orks 21-1-2
    Nurgle Chaos work in progress

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's my revisions.

HQ: 118

Farseer
    Singing Spear
    Spirit Stones
    Eldritch Storm
    Mind Storm

Elites: 374

5xWraith Guard
    Spiritseer
    Singing Spear
    Enhance

Wave Serpent
    Starcannons
    Star Engines
    Spirit Stones

Troops: 284

5xRangers
    Pathfinders

16xGuardians
    Storm Guardians
    2xFusion guns

Fast Attack: 162

5xWarp Spiders

Exarch
    Spinneret Rifle
    Power Blades
    Withdraw
    Surprise Assault

Heavy Weapons: 190

Wraith Lord
    2xShuriken Catapults
    Wraith Sword
    Starcannon

War Walker
    Star Cannon
    Sprit Stones

TOTAL: 678

Armies:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice improvements, there is just a little more tweaking left. For your wave serpent give it vectored engines instead of star engines. Unless you want these guys to get into close combat turn two. The skimmer will be able to move 24" turn 1, then move 12" the next turn, then your wraithguard disembark and shoot 12", you can reach enemies 4 feet away in two turns. Vectored engines are also a must when you can't get holofields and your carrying a very expensive cargo (like wraithguard). I would change your farseers powers, my preference is to have one attack power and one suppoprt power. This makes him much more versitlle, and ussually assisting a squad with an attack will do more damage than using an offensive power himself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I messed up, i mixed up star and vectored engines

"5xWraith Guard
    Spiritseer
    Singing Spear
    Enhance

Wave Serpent
    Starcannons
    Vectored Engines
    Spirit Stones"

as for the farseer I like 2 offence powers so im going with doom and the E. storm

"Farseer
    Singing Spear
    Spirit Stones
    Eldritch Storm
    Doom"

Armies:

+ Reply to Thread