1500pt City Fighting Beil Tan List, comments please? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pt City Fighting Biel Tan List, comments please?

Ok, im getting ready for a tourney using normal strategies but in city terrain. Ive made this list to be rather mobile and yet hard hitting. any suggestions on what to put in, take out or suggest another role for what i set for what im using. any help would be great! thanks. Oh, note, looks like im fighting a few good marines, a iyanden list, crons, and either a nid or saim hann list (he hasnt decided yet)

HQ:
    Farseer - Singing Spear, Spirit Stones, Doom, Eldritch Storm
    role: back up my avengers with doom and anti-tank

Troops:
    2 squads of 10 dire avengers with an exarch who has 2x Avenger cats and bladestorm - straight up infantry nice wall of fire thats going to put alot of dice on the table to make the oppnent roll against.

a squad of 10 dire avengers with an exarch who has a power weapon, a shimmershield and defend - backup to the DAs, good block to tie up a squad in CC.

Elites:
    6 scorpions with an exarch who has a scorpion chainsword, scorpions claw, shawdowstirke and stalker. - a good counter assualt unit and close combat unit where needed

6 banshees with an exarch who was the executioner and acrobatic. - same as scorpions, counter assualt and good close combat unit. they will be riding in the falcon unitl needed.

7 harlies all with kisses, a troupe master with a power sword and shuriken pistol, and a shadowseer so i dont get shot at too much. - good clean up close combat crew, they are foot slogging but under the cover of viel of tears to keep those devestator squads off of them.

Fast Attack:
    6 hawks with an exarch who has a sunrifle, intercept and skyleap. - anti tank all the way, if they are not going after a tank they are in the air or trying to keep their distance and fire.

Vyper:
    Shuriken cannon upgrade and scatter laser. - mobile support to gun down troops where needed.

Heavy Support:
    Falcon:
    shuriken cannon upgrade, pulse laser, scatter laser, holofield, vectored engines - has some tank punching potential, some anti infantry back up back is also carring my banshees around until needed.

Last edited by Emeraldguardx; February 6th, 2007 at 18:33.
    Biel Tan Eldar 3-0-8
    Vanilla Marines 17-1-2
    Alaitoc Eldar 15-2-4
    Goff Orks 21-1-2
    Nurgle Chaos work in progress

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Farseer - Singing Spear, Spirit Stones, Doom, Eldritch Storm
    role: back up my avengers with doom and anti-tank
    Good, but I would personally opt for guide instead of eldritch storm to make your avengers that much more deadly.

2 squads of 10 dire avengers with an exarch who has 2x Avenger cats and bladestorm - straight up infantry nice wall of fire thats going to put alot of dice on the table to make the oppnent roll against.
    Nice.

a squad of 10 dire avengers with an exarch who has a power weapon, a shimmershield and defend - backup to the DAs, good block to tie up a squad in CC.
    I was a bit skeptical about this combination, but last game I played I had a squad of banshees assisted with a farseer with doom assualt an exact squad like this, and three turns later I won the assualt, but with only my banshee exarch and the farseer left.

6 scorpions with an exarch who has a scorpion chainsword, scorpions claw, shawdowstirke and stalker. - a good counter assualt unit and close combat unit where needed
    They are a very nice CC unit and great for a counter charge, but I would tend use a full squad of 10. It just hits much harder and has much more survivability.

6 banshees with an exarch who was the executioner and acrobatic. - same as scorpions, counter assualt and good close combat unit. they will be riding in the falcon unitl needed.
    Banshees rock, but I find it dangerous to field squads of six, for the fact that they cannot withstand protracted combat and usually draw a lot of attention form MEQ's.

7 harlies all with kisses, a troupe master with a power sword and shuriken pistol, and a shadowseer so i dont get shot at too much. - good clean up close combat crew, they are foot slogging but under the cover of viel of tears to keep those devestator squads off of them.
    Great choice, although the troupe master is very expensive and I like to have as many rending attacks as possible, but it is also fine the way it is.

hawks with an exarch who has a sunrifle, intercept and skyleap. - anti tank all the way, if they are not going after a tank they are in the air or trying to keep their distance and fire.
    Hawks not only look awsome, they can really dish it out with their gernade packs and haywire gernades. They are very fragile (no surprise for eldar players) and may draw a lot of attention the turn they deepstrike, if your oppenents knows what they are carrying. For this reason they should not be relied upon as your sole anti tank.

Shuriken cannon upgrade and scatter laser. - mobile support to gun down troops where needed.
    I like vypers especially for city fight. I would tend to take two shuriken cannons, it is one less shot but with better AP and saves a few points.

Falcon:
    shuriken cannon upgrade, pulse laser, scatter laser, holofield, vectored engines - has some tank punching potential, some anti infantry back up back is also carring my banshees around until needed.
    Perfect, but dont forget to take spirit stone -"a stunned skimmer is a dead skimmer"-. Personally I would also take two shuricannons instead of the scatter laser.

I would drop either the banshees or scorps and one squad of avengers. Now fill out the remaing squad to ten and put them in a wave serpent. Drop the harlie troupe leader and get more with kisses, because rending owns. Finally drop the vyper and get a squad of 6 fire dragons (no exarch) for your falcon. With these changes your army gets faster and each squad hits harder. These are just suggestions and hopefully you'll get a few ideas out of them.

On to strategy, good idea screening the ranged DA's with the CC DA's, although it could be difficult in a city, especially if you wind up playing the saim hann army. Prehaps fortune would be a usefull power for your farseer to help these guys last longer. For your two counter assualt units, who are they travelling with? I dont think you can fit 43 models on one street to any great affect. Swooping hawks need to deep strike out of line of sight, then hop the building to land next to the enemies tank. After droping the troops where they need to ,go the falcon and vyper should just pick firing lines down the streets and cover your armies advance. And finally the harlies can do what they do best, turn the insides of enemies into nothing but slimmy goo. Interesting list, good luck playing with it.

James

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, I accidentally posted the same thing twice.
    Last edited by severi87; February 7th, 2007 at 03:52.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Pretty much agree with above, I think you are overcooking the harelys a little but otherwise severi is on the money
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, how about this:

Farseer - singing spear, spirit stones, doom, eldritch storm

3 units of 10 DAs including exarch who has extra CAT and bladestorm

10 Scorpions including exarch who has scorpions claw, stalker and shadowstrike

7 Harlequins including shadowseer all with kisses

6 Fire Dragons (in Falcon)

Vyper with shuricannon upgrade, shuriken cannon, spirit stones

Falcon with shuricannon upgrade, scatter laser, holofield, spirit stones and vectored engines.

ive got 5 points left over, dont really have anywhere to spend them.
    Biel Tan Eldar 3-0-8
    Vanilla Marines 17-1-2
    Alaitoc Eldar 15-2-4
    Goff Orks 21-1-2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

ignoring my dislike of dragons in a falcon, the list is much firmer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

going against fire dragons in a falcon, or just the idea in general? im open for ideas if you think there is something that would probably be better suited because im still up in the are between dragons and banshees, because i think im still lacking some CC
    Biel Tan Eldar 3-0-8
    Vanilla Marines 17-1-2
    Alaitoc Eldar 15-2-4
    Goff Orks 21-1-2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

411 (x8)

ok really must put this in a thread somewhere seperate, however, objection to fire dragons in a falcon:

This is not infalible, fire dragons in a falcon is a well established tactic, I used it for many years but stopepd about 4-5 years ago as I had the following issues:

1. you zomm up, dropping the dragons within 12 inches, they shoot taking out about 4 MEQs or a tank, they then get shot and charged to shreds

2. Falcons are not like Marine or IG tanks, they do not rely on inpentrable armour for survival but use wargear to make it very improbable any single hit will take them down, by using the falcon as a transport you probably miss a round of shooting, which equates to about 3 dead MEQs or a dead tank, and put the falcon under a lot more fire, there will be no intervening terrain and you are in range of plasma guns, melta guns, grenade launchers etc, all of which means you are placing your falcon in far more danger.

3. The stratergy, particularly as a tank hunter, is easily stopable by a cuning opponent, a screen of infantry around tanks prevents the dragons deploying close enough for their short ranged guns

So why spend the extra points on a questionable stratergy which may well end with a dead falcon and dead dragons, when you can just stand off with the falcon and do pretty much the same damage in that turn and have far more chance that the falcon is still arrounf for the rest of the game doing more damage?

As I said, I am not saying it wont ever work, just that it is inefficent and has faults that are not obvious when you are up to your kneck in a game

That all said, you arae very light on anti tank, even for cityfight, I would be tempted by leavingt he dragons in and hoping to walk up the field and get close to your opponents tanks

you are not light on close combat, you dont have an all out CC army, but you are certainly not light

+ Reply to Thread