1850 alaitoc friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x1)

1850 alaitoc friendly

Hi all here is my new alaitoc (with very few rangers) army list please have a look over it and let me know how you think it might fair, my first game with this list will be against my friends deathwing :cry: and then against another friend using my khorne army.

HQ

AUTARCH (joining shining spears)
    ELDAR JETBIKE
    BANSHEE MASK
    LASER LANCE
    =123

FARSEER
    SINGING SPEAR
    DOOM
    GUIDE
    SPIRIT STONES
    =123

ELITE

FIRE DRAGON EXARCH
    FIRE PIKE
    FIRE DRAGONS
    WAVE SERPANT
    TWIN LINKED STARCANNON
    SPIRIT STONES
    VECTORED ENGINES
    =313

TROOPS

RANGERS X 5
    PATHFINDERS X 5
    =120

DIRE AVENGER EXARCH
    TWO SHURIKEN CATAPULTS
    BLADESTORM
    DIRE AVENGERS X 9
    =152

DIRE AVENGER EXARCH
    TWO SHURIKEN CATAPULTS
    BLADESTORM
    DIRE AVENGERS X 9
    =152

FAST ATTACK

EXARCH
    STAR LANCE
    WITHDRAW
    SHINING SPEARS x 4
    =227

VYPER
    SHURIKEN CANNON
    = 50

VYPER
    SHURIKEN CANNON
    = 50

HEAVY SUPPORT

EXARCH
    MISSILE LAUNCHER
    FAST SHOT
    DARK REAPERS X 4
    =217

FIRE PRISM
    HOLO FIELD
    SPIRIT STONES
    =160

FIRE PRISM
    HOLO FIELD
    SPIRIT STONES
    =160

=1847

Project Genestealer Cult

Blood Bowl > You

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AUTARCH (joining shining spears)
    ELDAR JETBIKE
    BANSHEE MASK
    LASER LANCE
    =123
    Him, i dunnoabout shining spears in this list, not really fluffy, and im sure you could use the points of this autarch for something better in the list, so lets say take him out for now.

FARSEER
    SINGING SPEAR
    DOOM
    GUIDE
    SPIRIT STONES
    =123
    perfect, for this army he is just right, to back up those rangers and even your DAs. Id say take out the autarch and add a second mirror farseer (same point cost).

FIRE DRAGON EXARCH
    FIRE PIKE
    FIRE DRAGONS
    WAVE SERPANT
    TWIN LINKED STARCANNON
    SPIRIT STONES
    VECTORED ENGINES
    =313
    Your already going to have alot of tank punching ability, so these guys are just going to get shot up out there, lets leave them off for now.

TROOPS
    RANGERS X 5
    PATHFINDERS X 5
    =120
    Its only gonna be alaitoc with rangers in it, the army you have now is more vanilla more then anything. Id say with taking out the fire dragons you should add atleast 2 more 5 man pathfinder squads. (3 squads cost 360pts)

DIRE AVENGER EXARCH
    TWO SHURIKEN CATAPULTS
    BLADESTORM
    DIRE AVENGERS X 9
    =152

DIRE AVENGER EXARCH
    TWO SHURIKEN CATAPULTS
    BLADESTORM
    DIRE AVENGERS X 9
    =152
    good, this is fine, you put them infront of the pathfinders as a good screen for when the enemy starts getting close. Not many squads of any kind of marines except termies are going to get past 2 units of guided and/or doomed bladestorms.

EXARCH
    STAR LANCE
    WITHDRAW
    SHINING SPEARS x 4
    =227
    Like i said with the autarch, lets try and put these points somewhere else to make this a good alaitoc list. maybe invest in another squad of rangers, or we can combined these points with points you can save elsewhere for a decked squad of scorpions which move through cover (fluffy) and probably a nasty decked squad of spiders. both can also hold their own in CC

VYPER
    SHURIKEN CANNON
    = 50

VYPER
    SHURIKEN CANNON
    = 50
    these look good, they are too easy to kill to put too many points into them, but if you have any spare points in the end, maybe put spirit stones on them to prolong their survivability

EXARCH
    MISSILE LAUNCHER
    FAST SHOT
    DARK REAPERS X 4
    =217
    these guys are still too expensive for what they do IMO. your already going to have your ranged attacks, you could buy another squad of pathfinds for half that price. Or even a wraithlord with a scat laser, EML and 2x flamers for almost half that.

FIRE PRISM
    HOLO FIELD
    SPIRIT STONES
    =160

FIRE PRISM
    HOLO FIELD
    SPIRIT STONES
    =160
    perfect

SUMMARY list:

2x Farseer w/ singing spear, spirit stones, doom, guide - 246

3 Units of 5 Pathfinders - 360

10 Striking Scorpions including exarch w/ scorpions claw, shadowstrike, stalker - 212

10 Warp Spiders including exarch w/ extra death spinner, powerblades, withdraw, suprise assualt - 267

2 Units of 10 Dire Avengers including exarch w/ extra avenger CAT, bladestorm - 304

2x Vypers with shuricannon upgrades, shuricannons, spirit stones - 140

2x Fire Prisms with holo field, spirit stones and shuricannon upgrade - 320

hmm, thats about right, that should be with a point to spare. with a model count of 61, but this would be my suggestion, your call in the end, good luck against the marines and happy gaming!
    Last edited by Emeraldguardx; February 7th, 2007 at 22:07.
    Biel Tan Eldar 3-0-8
    Vanilla Marines 17-1-2
    Alaitoc Eldar 15-2-4
    Goff Orks 21-1-2
    Nurgle Chaos work in progress

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x1)

I get what your saying, this list is about Vanilla as it can get. The main reason for this is the terrible luck I have had with pathfinders. I'd usually run three squads but just dont seem to have any luck with them. If I roll a 5 or 6 to hit I'll fail to wound, anything else my opponent will make his armour save. So as it stands I'm a little disheartened by my pathfinders and fancy trying somthing new.

It's my own fault for putting in the title it was an alaitoc army, but how do you think the army would fair as a vanilla army?
    Project Genestealer Cult

Blood Bowl > You

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a vanilla list, this is fine. I find with vanilla lists that you find better combos for units to help eachother out, which you seem to represent alright here. You used the alaitoc craftworld name and thought thats what you were going for.

Well how are you using your rangers? if you keep them in the backround and just light up squads from in cover you should always kills a few and in cover you shouldnt loose many, they basically have a 2+ invulnerable against shooting, dosent get much better then that. Dont give up on them, they are nastey little units. Everyone goes through a dice roll rutt. Last night i was up agasint a cron list i should of obliterated. i would roll doomed bladestorms and just kept rolling 1s and 2s. Keep trying, they are worth the points.

might i suggest some vibro cannons? they work great for the ranged alaitoc. and remember to use DAs as screens for when the opponent starts getting close.
    Biel Tan Eldar 3-0-8
    Vanilla Marines 17-1-2
    Alaitoc Eldar 15-2-4
    Goff Orks 21-1-2
    Nurgle Chaos work in progress

+ Reply to Thread