Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Hey all i have gotten back from playing a 4 way battle and have realized that i need some help in figuring out good tattics aiginst SM. Any adivce would be nice.
Here is my Army List for 1000 pts
Rez Orb, Phylarcy, GOF
4 Scarab Swarms
2 Heavy Destroyers
Hurdle The Weak
Trample The Dead!-Thorin
Well, the question I have is this: Are these all the models you have to use, or do you have some flexibility, models in the wings that can be added? There is no good tactic, in my opinion, for that army build because it is inherently disjointed, without synergy. The weakness of the army is exposed and its strengths no where to be found. Please take this as criticism of your army, not you personally.
By pointing out the weaknesses, I hope you'll adjust your build to suit your play style while avoiding any weaknesses and taking advantage of the strengths of the Necron army.
- Scarabs: there are just too few for them to be useful. There shine in numbers.
- Wraiths: too few as well. It is a general rule to take 2 or 3 full squads of Wraiths to increase their survivability. Two units in one squad is 82pts wasted.
- Destroyers: they're great, but with one squad, they are a juicy choice for enemy fire. This brings up another "general" rule. The units that make up the FA choices in the Necron army are their best, and it's important to use those 3 slots to their best potential. Thus, stick with 1 or 2 unit types and use up those FA slots as best as possible. By trying to use all the units in the Necron repertoire they will not stand up easily on their own
- Lord: Phyl and GoF is not a good idea in this size of army.
- Warriors: you're using the bare minimum, and asking to be Phased Out. These could use some filling out.
- hDestroyers: good, but split them into two squads. Fly them together for WWB rolls. You can now split fire if you want and your enemy must target two seperate squads.
If I did my math correctly, you're also 60pts shy of 1000. Use up your points man!!
Karmoon: "well.. any kore = good kore" 12:35pm PST 23 May 2007
In addition to what Kore said-
Unless you know you are facing termies drop the heavy D's, they aren't worth it.
IMO lose the HD's and wraiths and just give the lord a res orb.
With the points I suggest getting 10 more warriors and 5 more scarabs (for one large unit).
This gives you high numbers and low phase out.
Also, a monolith at 1k versus SM is pretty brutal. If you were to take one I suggest this list (served me well)-
Lord: res orb