1500pt list, an Upgrade from my 1,001pt list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

1500pt list, an Upgrade from my 1,001pt list

hq:
    Warriors 6: 213
    extended carapace, leaping, 3 lash whips, 3 scything talons, 6 rending claws

Warriors 3: 118
    enhances senses, extended carapace, toxin sacs, scything talons, 2 deathspitters, venom cannon

elite:
    Warriors 3: 109
    enhanced senses, extended carapace, toxin sacs, scything talons, 2 devourers, barbed strangler

Lictor: 80
    I know its only one, but I wanted more gaunts

troops:
    Termagants 16: 96

Termagants 16: 96

Spinegaunts 16: 80

Spinegaunts 16: 80

Rippers 10: 110
    spinefists
    I thought 30 wounds & a possible 30 shots would be more effective then an extra decoy fex

Genestealers 8: 160
    extended carapace
    these with my warriors are the true attack power

fast attack:
    Ravener: 40
    scything talons, rending claws
    i've only got one

heavy support:
    Zoanthropes 2: 130
    warp blast, synapse
    main form of anti-tank

Sniperfex: 188
    enhanced senses, extended carapace, reinforced chitin, barbed strangler, venom cannon
    main form of anti-tank

Opinions, please. & Thank You in advance.

Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

Hmm quite a few warriors and from the thread I have read recently the lash whip warriors are realy untested and situational. So if you are thinking about modeling them deffinatly test em out to see if they go with your play style. Also watch out for oppents with lost of Ap 4 that come be fired in mass (Heavy bolters and assault cannons come to mind) as they will make short work of your warriors outside of cover. Other then that they look to be decent warrior combinations.

Hmm well realy I think you should either have two or more lictors in your list or none at all. Just from personal experience unless that one re roll is vital to your list (which from what I have seen doesn't look like it). Either way its up to you though you could use it to get another zoanthrope model if you have any more (or two more raveners when or if you get more models of them).

The gaunts look pretty good though one thing on the rippers. Something that I have tested and actualy liked a lot on my rippers was leaping, enhanced senses, and spinefists. You get 3 shots per base that hit on 5+ rerollable plus you then can charge 12" with leaping for 4 attacks. Let me tell you if they aren't SM they won't know what hit them and if they are SM then you can get lucky with all the dice you get to roll. Genestealers look pretty good no need to change.

One ravener realy isn't that great except for just one more scoring unit that can lay back. Realy when you get the time and money you should buy at least two more of them as they can be devastating on the charge (well except for me...I have horrible luck with them though I still take em for some reason...).

The zoanthropes and carnifex look like a solid build and don't realy need a change at all except for maybe one more zoanthrope for some solid synapse and anti tank.

Well just a few things over all but a pretty solid list with some good numbers with it. Though you may have a problem keeping up with your gaunts though I don't think it will bea a major issue.
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

Hmm well realy I think you should either have two or more lictors in your list or none at all. Just from personal experience unless that one re roll is vital to your list (which from what I have seen doesn't look like it). Either way its up to you though you could use it to get another zoanthrope model if you have any more (or two more raveners when or if you get more models of them).
    Didn't think about replacing him with 2 Raveners, thats a good idea, I'll lose some of the fear factor, but then again the number of gaunts ought to make up for that.

The gaunts look pretty good though one thing on the rippers. Something that I have tested and actualy liked a lot on my rippers was leaping, enhanced senses, and spinefists. You get 3 shots per base that hit on 5+ rerollable plus you then can charge 12" with leaping for 4 attacks. Let me tell you if they aren't SM they won't know what hit them and if they are SM then you can get lucky with all the dice you get to roll. Genestealers look pretty good no need to change.
    I like that combination myself, do use it sometimes if there are points available, but with this list, if I gave the rippers enhanced senses then I had a weird amount of points left that I didn't know what to do with.

Course dropping the Lictor I could grab another synapse, warp blasting zoanthrope and have the points to at least give the rippers enhanced senses. Then the remaining points towards spine banks for my sniperfex. (hopefully he never gets close enough to use them)

Thanks for the ideas, Lictor1989.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

+ Reply to Thread