Librarium Online Forums banner

HQ Assassination army

389 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Wuestenfux 
#1 ·
After a 15 year hiatus, (tell you the truth, I think those old rules sucked and army building was really hindering), some friends are getting me back into warhammer 40k. I can tell that the rules flow more easily now. I picked up the Eldar codex, and I love the way they have given more freedom on how to construct an army. I bought my first piece (Wraithlord, with Brightlance, wraithsword, flamer, flamer, the modification I did make it look cool) and can't figure out what pieces to get next.

What I would like to accomplish is a 1000pt army, using my wraithlord, designed specifically for HQ hunting and killing.

I am not that interested in winning. Just having Sneaky, Kaniving, Weaselly fun. Make em squirm.

Need help.

#2 ·
I think as HQ killing goes, Asurmen is worth a look. He's difficult to kill (defend, handy 4+ inv.), has higher I and WS than most characters and might get lucky with his diresword.

A farseer with mind war would also go down well.

Add dire avengers and anti-tank weapons to taste.

#4 ·
Two Farseers on Jetbikes with mindwar.
As troops, take bladestorming Avengers or bike squads with shuricannons; 3 Jetbikes w/ shuricannon and an attached Spearlock are an annoying tank hunting unit.

If you want a PL, go for Jain Zar accompanied by Banshees in a Serpent with star engines, for the extra move. Use a Farseer to doom the enemy.

Another possibility is an Autarch on Jetbike with laserlance, mandiblaster accompanied by a squad of 3 Shining Spears, one upgraded to an Exarch. Kills 7 Marines on the charge (on average).

Finally, 6 Harlies with kisses, one upgraded to a Shadowseer, can do the job nicely. Those rending attacks. Doom the enemy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.