1500 Tournament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1500 Tournament

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Tournament

Hi guys. Here's a swarm-type 1500 list I'm considering.

In case you do remember it - this is a carefully considered modification of another list I posted, which you can see at

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ournament.html

The chief point of the modification to the list is to have Genestealers with Ext Carapace, instead of unmodified Stealers. The list is intended to work in the same way as the older one: charge with Hormagaunts, Raveners and HT, tie up further units with Spinegaunts and follow with Genestealers.

If you would like to post a comment on the list, I'd be interested in how you think the list would do in absolute terms, but I'd also be particularly interested to know how you think the list compares to the older list in the link.

HQ:

Hive Tyrant + 2 x Twin-Linked Devourers + Wings + Enhanced Senses + Toxin Sacs + Catalyst = 171

Troops:

2 x 12 x Spinegaunts = 120

2 x 10 x Hormagaunts = 200

2 x 8 x Genestealers + Ext Carapace = 320

Elites:

Carnifex + 2 x Twin-Linked Devourers + Enhanced Senses + Flesh Hooks = 114

Fast Attack:

2 x Raveners + Scything Talons and Rending Claws (yes, two separate units) = 80

Heavy Support:

3 x Zoanthropes + Synapse Creature + Warp Blast = 195

2 x Carnifexes + Venom Cannon + Barbed Strangler + Enhanced Senses = 296

Total 1496

Tyranids / Skaven / Pan Oceania

UK Student? Take part in the Student Nationals at Sheffield University, the weekend after Easter weekend 2008 - wargaming, roleplaying, CCGs, board games - see www.studentnationals.org for more details!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

Still don't see why your sticking flesh hooks on a Carnifex made for shooting even if it is close range shooting.

I think this list fares a safer bet then your first list; Of your units especially your genestealers making it to combat. The extra hormagaunts that have been added will definately help to slow up your opponent, should the make it to combat. Additionally your opponent may not notice your genestealers as it seems he'll be more swamped with gaunts.

I like this list much more then the last one, not as much to type about it but its definately better. My fingers are in the mood to type, if only after 6 hours of waiting.

Do tell us how you do with this list.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x5)

List looks good. I'm Lead to believe the flesh hooks on the fex is from left over points?

IMO I'd drop the Raveners to give te heavy support fexes extended carapace. Also, 3x zoanthropes seem a bit much. I never use more than 2.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the feedback guys.

To respond to observations... The Flesh Hooks are a holdover from the older list in which they were added to make up points. On this list, of course, it would be possible to drop it and buy an extra Spinegaunt. It might even be beneficial to drop it and also drop 4 Spinegaunts and take Warp Field instead of Catalyst on the HT. (So many decisions.) The main reason I'm reluctant to take the extra Spinegaunt is that it introduces a displeasing element of asymmetry in the brood sizes. But perhaps that's something I need to get over if I want to play as a swarming, inelegant, untidy, powerful Tyranid horde...

In fact there are ever so many options for altering the Carnifexes and modifying the numbers of Raveners or Gaunts - if only it could be more simple! Of course then it wouldn't be such a good game.

As far as dropping one of the Zoanthropes goes... it would leave me only 3 Synapse Creatures. I'd be nervous about that.
    Tyranids / Skaven / Pan Oceania

UK Student? Take part in the Student Nationals at Sheffield University, the weekend after Easter weekend 2008 - wargaming, roleplaying, CCGs, board games - see www.studentnationals.org for more details!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

The thorpes are fine.

As for asymetry, get over it, get the extra gaunt. The tyrant will probably be fine with 44 gaunts, 16 stealers and 3 other mcs backing it up. I think the list looks fine. I think at this point it comes to how you play it. If you want protection for the tyrant, screen it with the dakka fex and terrain, then jump over to hit what you want to. Remember how the wings allow you to do that.

Good list. I don't really know what to change on it. I would play test it to see what works and what doesn't, then maybe bring it back for review after you know what its weaknesses are.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

+ Reply to Thread