1500 Speed Freak - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Speed Freak

Hey guys, I made this army to counter my two most common enemies: Tau and Eldar. I just got a Massacre victory with it against my Tau buddy so hopefully it continues to get me some wins.

HQ:
    -Warboss on bike with 'eavy armor, bionik bonce, PK, and choppa

Elites:
    -9x Skarboyz with 3x burnas
    -Nob with PK, slugga, and tankbusta bombs
    -Wartruk with Red paint, grot riggas, and armor plates

-9x Skarboyz with 3x rokkits
    Troops:
    -9x Burna boyz with 4x burnas
    -Mek with KFF and choppa

-9x Trukk boyz with 1x burna

-9x Trukk boyz with 1x burna

-4x Warbikes
    +1 Nob with PK, slugga

-4x Warbikes
    +1 Nob with PK, slugga

In the first turn I zoomed my forces 24-25" up the field into cover as best I could. He had a pretty good first shooting phase taking out my burna boyz trukk, obliterated one bike squad and left my warboss with 1 wound left. My second turn I got most of my boyz into assault with the 13" move-2"deploy-6" assault move. I decimated this fire warriors, sniper drones, and hq in CC and had some sweeping advances. The troops that weren't able to sweeping advance into CC were hit pretty hard by his remaining fire warriors, broadsides, and two devilfish. I ended up taking the suits and fish out with nob PK's but I feel I can improve my strategy.

So here are my two questions. With trukk boyz I'm only able to take one weapon and feel that using a rokkit isn't a very great choice because of the small chance to hit. I'd rather give them a power weapon. That being said I feel my army lacks anti-tank capabilities at range. Any good suggestions for accomplishing that without reducing my model count too much? Secondly I'm inexperienced with speed freaks, I usually play footslogger. I would LOVE some good techniques for the post-1st-assault charge for boyz who can't sweeping advance and for all my wartruks. 10 boyz in the middle of nowhere without cover can be obliterated in a round of shooting :wacko:. If only I could take the grot riggaz out of the truks and use them as a meat shield.

Happy Hunting boyz
    -Warlord Da Moose

"I'm the biggest so I'm the boss!" - Common Orky logic

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

Congraddalashuns on da win!

But just so you know, your boyz get to jump 3" out of their trukk, not just 2" - one of the FEW luxuries of having an open-topped transport! I find this little extra inch helps a lot sometimes.

Also, before you even mentioned needing more long-ranged firepower, I was thinking you should put some rokkits on your trukks. They're dirt cheap, they help a little bit, and probably most importantly, if your opponent rolls "armament destroyed" you don't wanna be forced to be immobilized instead!

Adding some buggies could give you more rokkits, plus more distractions for your opponent. I like making a line of buggies in front of my trukks, so your opponent is forced to shoot the buggies before they can target the trukks.

I would stick with the burnas on your trukk boyz - being power weapons also is just cool. Tankbusta bombs and powerklaws are usually what take out tanks. Against skimmers, you're stuck with rokkits.

Oh, and zzap guns of course. That's some incentive to get a battlewagon - zzap guns are probably the best anti-tank the orks have - ranged, anyways. Guntrukks might be an option, I've never used em though. If you do try them, tell me how they do.

One more thing - I'm not a big fan of skarboyz. I'd rather take more trukks/buggies, and more boyz. In Speed Freeks, keeping your numbers up (especially trukks) is important.
    Armies:
    Tyranids: 2500 pts
    Imperial Guard: 1000 pts
    Witch Hunters: 1000 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yer gun trucks would be a good idea as long as you give them zap guns or even some buggies with rokkits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've mixed up the army list a bit. This particular one did well against a radical daemonhunter army. This is also for 1500 points.

HQ: Biker warboss: pk, choppa, 'eavy armor, bionic arm, bionik bonce

Elites: 20x Skarboyz w/ 3x burnas
    1x nob: pk, slugga, big horns
    -Mounted in Battlewagon
    Armor plate, grots, red paint, force field, 1x zzap gun, 2x TL rokkits
    Troops: 9x burna boyz w/ 4x burnas
    1x mek boy w/ KFF, choppa
    -mounted in truk
    armor, grots, red paint, big shoota
    10x truk boyz w/ 1x burna
    1x nob: pk, slugga, big horns
    -mounted in truk
    armor, grots, red paint, big shoota
    5x bikers
    1x nob: pk, choppa

5x bikers (they ride w/ da boss)

3x buggies w/ TL rokkits
    armor, grots, red paint

3x buggies w/ TL rokkits
    armor, grots, red paint
    Heavy Support
    1x Looted Leman russ w/ hull mounted heavy bolter and 2x side heavy bolters
    Armor, grots, red paint

------------
    In this fight we ended up playing an escalation mission which was pretty interesting. He had all his forces on foot and so deployed everything. Since all my units are mounted or on bikes all of my units started in reserves. I had an advantage in the sense that he deployed everything before I had to place a single unit. However, I was at a disadvantage when in turn 1 I only rolled 1/2 my forces out of reserves.
    ---Quick side question: When speed freaks start rolling for reserves in turn 1 a unit comes out on a 4+ correct? In turn 2 does that go down to a 3+ or does it stay 4+ for that turn as well?-----------
    Anyways, his army is pretty shooty and he relies on his daemonhosts and eversor assassin in CC. I used my buggies to snipe his daemonhosts to pretty great effect since rokkits instakill those 4 wound beasts :-).
    ----Another side question. One of the daemonhosts powers is warp strength which boosts their str and toughness. Does this also affect instakills? I pointed out that the chaos daemon mutation that boosts toughness does NOT affect the insta kill level but he argued that this was different. We couldn't find anything online or in the errata so we just rolled a D6 to determine the rule. We ended up playing with the rule that a daemonhost with warp strength still is T4 for insta kill purposes but I'm curious to see if anyone knows the actual rule.------------------
    My battle wagon and tank survived the game and laid down good fire on the marines. I lost the burna boy and truk squads during the rush to his lines but my bikers and skarboyz tore up the core of his army. I really love the speed that this codex gives, definitely worth the dent in numbers.
    Any comments on this list or improvements? I'm thinking about turning the battlewagon into more of a dakka machine. I really couldn't start opening up fire until i was unloading the boyz since they're all high str weapons. If it was tooled out in big shootas I could move 7" and let loose with 24 str 5 shots, 9 which would be TL and all at 36" range! Although with orks BS and marine's 3+ save that's still only 1.77 wounds/salvo lol. Oh well, maybe I'll give it a shot.
    "I'm the biggest so I'm the boss!" - Common Orky logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice list. i think the reserve role is a 4+ on turn 1 and a 4+ on turn 2 aswell:ninja: but im not sure. about the dakka wagon it's v good vs lightly armoured troops but can suffer if u disembark its passengers as no 1 will be able to fire the bolt ons. on the bright side there probable won't be much to shoot at if you get into combat.

+ Reply to Thread