1000 pts vs. Demonhunters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 pts vs. Demonhunters

I will soon be playing against a friend of mine that plays an almost all deepstrike force with a couple of transports. After making a couple lists, I decided on this one.

HQ Shas'el
    + Plasma Rifle
    + Fusion Blaster
    + Targetting Array
    + HWMT
    = 97

Elites Shas'ui Team Leader
    + Plasma Rifle
    + Fusion Blaster
    + Targetting Array
    + HWMT
    = 77

Elites 2x Shas'ui
    + TL missile pod
    + Targetting Array
    = 106

Elites 6x Stealth Suits
    = 180

Troops 12x Firewarriors
    + Shas'ui
    + Bonding Knife
    + Devilfish
    + SMS
    + Decoy Launchers
    + Targetting Array
    + Multitracker
    = 255

Troops 10x Kroot
    = 70

Fast Attack 6x Gun Drones
    = 72

Heavy Support HammerHead
    + Ion Cannon
    + Burst Cannons
    + Decoy Launchers
    + Multitracker
    = 130

Grand Total = 987 pts

I was thinking of either geting 2 more kroot, or fitting the Deathrain squad with a teamleader and a target lock.

My opponent mainly gets 2 squads of 7-8 grey knights deep striking with a grand master, 1-2 chimeras with stormtroopers, a dreadnaught with lascannon and missile pod and a greyknights squad with psycannnons. He might even have orbital strikes.

The idea with this list is that the deathrain suits knock out the transports and the dreadnaught with some help from the hammerhead. Then, after the transports unload their passengers, the stealth suits open up and kill them. The warfish will be flying around carrying the firewarriors until the grey knights deep strike. Then they will do FoF. The kroot will provide some cover fire and hopefully kill some knights.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

Hey there, I really like your list, I think it could be quite effective against pretty much most armies.

If you want to tailor it even further maybe the following options could work out.

The stealth team.
    These guys never really work well for me against MEQ, and from what i read your opponent only has a small section of his army that isnt MEQ or vehicle (i.e. the storm troopers).

One option could be this,
    Drop the stealths, upgrade your Helios monat to a Shas'el HQ (for an extra 20 pts you get +1 wound and +plus one BS....well worth it in my opinion)
    Then take another two man Deathrain team (exact same config) to help against the MEQ's. That gives you 54 pts left to spend on other goodies.
    Maybe take some kroot hounds for your kroot squad to REALLY help out in hth combat. They have better Initiative and tehy just really boost your CC capabilities which might come in very handy against deep striking GK's.

You sould be able to take out his tranksports really easily with the deathrains effectively taking the stormtroopers out of the game, you can mop them up later with....well pretty much whoever you want. The deathrains are also great anti MEQ being manouverable and long range, and also cheap.

For me this out ways the stealth squad, as they really only hurt his "filler" troops. GK's live and die with the GK's themselves so prioritise killing them and all else will fall in to place.

Dave
    I don't care what you say. I found a lightsaber in my garage and that makes me a Jedi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aussiedave View Post
    Hey there, I really like your list, I think it could be quite effective against pretty much most armies.

If you want to tailor it even further maybe the following options could work out.

The stealth team.
    These guys never really work well for me against MEQ, and from what i read your opponent only has a small section of his army that isnt MEQ or vehicle (i.e. the storm troopers).

One option could be this,
    Drop the stealths, upgrade your Helios monat to a Shas'el HQ (for an extra 20 pts you get +1 wound and +plus one BS....well worth it in my opinion)
    Then take another two man Deathrain team (exact same config) to help against the MEQ's. That gives you 54 pts left to spend on other goodies.
    Maybe take some kroot hounds for your kroot squad to REALLY help out in hth combat. They have better Initiative and tehy just really boost your CC capabilities which might come in very handy against deep striking GK's.

You sould be able to take out his tranksports really easily with the deathrains effectively taking the stormtroopers out of the game, you can mop them up later with....well pretty much whoever you want. The deathrains are also great anti MEQ being manouverable and long range, and also cheap.

For me this out ways the stealth squad, as they really only hurt his "filler" troops. GK's live and die with the GK's themselves so prioritise killing them and all else will fall in to place.

Dave
    Thanks for the complement. However, I don't have the option of switching out some sutff which is a real shame because your advice would make this list much better. I wish I had more models. I think I might take a visit to GW next weekend.

I'm going to keep the list how it is. The only thing I could really do is make the Monat helios suit into a shas'el but I believe that a small army like this should only have one leader.

I still have to decide what I should do with the 13 left over points. Any ideas?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    211 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Commander_Swiftwing View Post
    I'm going to keep the list how it is. The only thing I could really do is make the Monat helios suit into a shas'el but I believe that a small army like this should only have one leader.
    think of it as another officer that is second in command of the army and to think of it, one commander is good but two, much better when you have access to the special issue wargear of which you might swap out your existing systems for, though it's just a suggestion:ninja:

Quote Originally Posted by Commander_Swiftwing View Post
    I still have to decide what I should do with the 13 left over points. Any ideas?
    two more kroot would be help in keeping some of the enemy units from assaulting your valuable units or, you could add another drone to your squadron to increase your cances on getting a wound on the opposing unit and quite possibly pinning it

hope it helps

-Kai-Itza-

+ Reply to Thread