1500 Eldar List, Mostly foot slogging - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Eldar List, Mostly foot slogging

HQ Avatar 155
    Troops
    10 dire avengers 162
    exarch
    p.w. and shimmer shield
    bladestorm
    defend
    Troops
    10 Guardians and 1 warlock 135
    scatter laser
    conceal
    Troops
    10 dire Avengers 152
    exarch
    bladestorm
    Dual avenger shurican catapults
    Elites
    10 Striking Scorpians 212
    exarch
    scropians claw
    Shadow strike
    Elites
    10 fire dragons 192
    exarch
    DragonsBreath Flamer
    crackshot
    Tank Hunters

Wave serpent 155
    vectored engines
    spirit stones
    twin linked Scatter laser
    shuricannon

Heavy Support
    Fireprism 160
    spirit stones
    holofields
    Heavy Support
    Fireprism 160
    spirit stones
    holofields

Any Criticisms you care to offer.

A rules lawyer is someone who says that money changhers are ok in church becuase jesus only threw them out of the temple.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the idea of a mainly foot Eldar Force with the Avatar to make them fearless, but I don't think that the list is strong enough to win a shooting slog. The Avengers are fine as are the Scorpions and Guardians. The Fire Dragons I'm assuming are going in the Wave Serpent? Personally I think that the Fire Dragons are the one Aspect that don't really need an Exarch. Drop him and also some of the squad because for what they do you don't need that many of them. With the saved points buy some more anti-tank/monster equipment. Upgrading the Scatter lasers on the serpent to EML or BL would be a start. More urgently, your army needs a Farseer. They are still the best HQ choice we have and will help your army no end, especially with Guide and Mind War. Lastly, Reapers are cool and very good at what they do (killing MEQ's) but I understand if you can't find the points for them. Other than that a very good list!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those interested I will detail how the list performed in the tournament.

In three games I had a massacre, a minor loss and a crushing victory. I had the second highest amount of battle points.

My first match was against grey knights. Both the Fire Dragons and the Fire Prisms were stars of the match. By the end of the game he had zero models on the table. The dire avengers and scorpions were able to mop up the few that i let get close enough for close combat.

My second match was against Dark Eldar played by the man who got the highest amount of battle points in the tournament. He used a witch cult and the mission was unplanned assault. This was bad because it meant I had a unit of guardians, a unit of striking scorpions and a unit of dire avengers starting on the board while he had 2 big units of wicthes in raiders to start with.

Fist turn: His raiders flew closer and the witches disembarked. I moved back to keep out of charge distance.

Second turn: all except one of his units came out of reserves his witches contacted my scorps and my guardians became pinned. Only one of my fire prisms came out of reserves. It killed a few witches. The first group of witches finish off my scorp and then consolidate into the guardians

Third Turn: Witches finish off the guardians and are left in the open. The defend equiped dire avengers are melted into scrag with large numbers of high volume ap3 fire power. the first fire prism loses its weapon. I get the fire dragons, a fire prism , and the avatar in from reserves. The new fire prism obliterates all but one of the witches that ae the guardians and scorps, the avatar hides and the dragons serpent fails to kill a ravenger.

Mission is revealed as table quarters

Fourth Turn: the serpent loses all of its guns and is immobilized. Mandrakes, witch squad 2 and lilith and her witch squad plus a squad of warp beast secure a 4+ cover save building. On my turn the Dragons exarch flames dead one squad of witches and three of the mandrakes. my last squad of dire avengers comes in they blade storm the mandrakes. due the mandrakes 2+ cover save only one dies. the fire dragons assualt the mandrakes and run them down consolidating into the warp beasts. Fire prism 1 moves closer to the far table quarter. fire prism 2 kills a ravenger.

Fifth turn: FD exarch kills a warp beast. Then lilith and her witches plus the remaining beasts kill all of the fire dragons. all but three of the dire avengers are killed in shooting. unarmed prism move to contest the Dark eldars home quarter, armed prism kills knocks a gun off the remaining ravenger.

sixth turn: main gun blasted off armed fire prism. lillith and sqaud charge avatar. Avatar decapitates lillith and takes one wound. last of dire avengers are destroyed. lone witch fails last man standing test. My turn prism move to the rear of the ravenger and kills it with its twin-linked shurican catapults.This gives me his home quarter worth 500 points. Avatar wins combat against the witches and takes one more wound. witches do not run.

Game is over but the dragons breath flamer plus some last minute heroics means he did not go over the minor victory margin.

Third game was against necrons. After I killed all of his destoryers and his lord plus a unit of warriors died in a deepstrike accident i mostly hid my forces and killed targets of oppurtunity. Dragons breath flamer killed 2 destoyers!

Over all some better reserve roles in game two plus greater aggression with the avatar would have worked better. Dragons breath flamer was worth it in every game.

Jeremy
    A rules lawyer is someone who says that money changhers are ok in church becuase jesus only threw them out of the temple.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like this list very much. its very strong and it packs a good punch with the fire prsim.
    Keep it, itll work very well.

+ Reply to Thread