1000pt Farsight Enclave, friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

1000pt Farsight Enclave, friendly

HQ:
    Shas'el
    Gunblade weapons; targeting array; hard wired multitracker

Shas'el
    Missile pod; burst cannon; hard wired multi-tracker; targeting array

Elites:
    Shas'ui
    Deathrain weapons

Shas'ui
    Deathrain weapons

6x Stealth suits

Troops:
    8x Firewarriors
    shas'ui; bonding knife
    Devilfish
    Disruption pod

8x Firewarriors
    shas'ui; bonding knife
    Devilfish
    Disruption pod

8x Firewarriors
    shas'ui; bonding knife
    Devilfish
    Disruption pod

Total: 979

Other than finding some way to spend the remaining twenty-one points I have left, what do you all think? (As always, MEQ's are the least common opponent I face.)

(Just no: "go with all fireknives or switch weapon x for a plasma rifle.")

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

either add two more fire warriors or kit out one of the devilfishes. i would go with fire warriors personally
    Never give up. Never give up. HIT, HIT, HIT, HIT!

Semper Paratus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
    HQ:
    Shas'el

Shas'el

Elites:
    Shas'ui
    Deathrain weapons

Shas'ui
    Deathrain weapons

6x Stealth suits

Troops:
    8x Firewarriors
    shas'ui; bonding knife
    Devilfish
    Disruption pod

8x Firewarriors
    shas'ui; bonding knife
    Devilfish
    Disruption pod

8x Firewarriors
    shas'ui; bonding knife
    Devilfish
    Disruption pod

Total: 979

Other than finding some way to spend the remaining twenty-one points I have left, what do you all think? (As always, MEQ's are the least common opponent I face.)

(Just no: "go with all fireknives or switch weapon x for a plasma rifle.")
    What is the Gunblade Configuration? I never heard of it. And it how many suits are in the deathrain configuration? Also, is this all comers or specific races? Other than just questions, here are some thoughts.

You lack any heavy support. I would invest in more crises suits. Farsight Enclave Armies lack heavy support in general so i suggest you take 2 man squads and drop the stealth team. Also, I think you should drop one of your FW squads and max out the remaining 2. That would free up some points for pathfinders, gundrone squads, or more crises suits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Commander_Swiftwing View Post
    What is the Gunblade Configuration?
    If you look around on the tau boards hard enough, and/or use the search function, you will find that the gunblade weapon configuration is the CIB and burst cannon. Its a personal prefernce of mine to take on the 'el or 'o in order to maximise the higher ballistic skill. (This preference mainly comes from the fact that where I play it is more effective due to a relative lack of MEQ armies in the area.)

And it how many suits are in the deathrain configuration?
    I believe this list has two suits with deathrain weapon loadouts so I would assume there are only two.

Also, is this all comers or specific races?
    Technically both, without me playing a MEQ army my gaming community only has about three or four MEQ players. So because of that fact you could say that my lists are slightly tailored to fight non-MEQ's but are generally built to take on anyone.

You lack any heavy support. I would invest in more crises suits.
    Technically I already have ten suits; the only way to actually get more is to either go against your one suggestion of dropping the stealth team and getting more stealth suits or by getting broadsides in which it would be best to have at least two in order to maximise their abilities. (And that would be a squad of two since I stick to the breakaway faction rule to the letter even without farsight himself.)

Also, I think you should drop one of your FW squads and max out the remaining 2.
    Actually, the lack of full man squads is intentional for two reasons; the first being that three seperate targets are harder to kill than two larger ones (and with three I have three fish's to perform a slightly weaker fish of fury then just two), the second being that I find humour in the idea that the farsight enclave are supposed to have khornate influences and like to prod at the idea with eight man squads for the fire warriors...

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

Hey,
    I guess the only concern i would have taking this army into battle is "what am i going to use to kill that (insert large tank here)"

I know you said you are not playing against MEQ's but what have you got to wipe out battle tanks. If i were a guard player and new this list was coming i would load up on Leman russ equivalent tanks and go to work.
    Same for Eldar, i would grab a bunch of Falcons and wave serpents and probably wraith lords etc
    Tyranids and thier 'zilla nids......

I guess i just don't see where you are capable of taking on the "big bad guy"

Your deathrains can pop transports with armour 11-12 very well, but trying to take on armour 13 and 14 with these guys would be a real pain in the backside.
    I would seriously consider dropping the stealths for some crisis with fuison blasters. The stealths perform the same job as your two commanders so this would be a good option to get some much needed heavy firepower in your list.

That is (as i said) my only concern. Apart from that it looks like a nice solid enclave list. But yeah, seroiusly lacking in the tank busting department.

Dave
    I don't care what you say. I found a lightsaber in my garage and that makes me a Jedi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

Well originally the deathrains were sunforges, but I altered them so I could stay back and shoot with twice as many high strength shots; albiet at a lower strengh. So what do you all think, swap the deathrains back to sunforgesor swap one for a sunforge and keep the other a deathrain? Also, you all think I should drop the stealths down by two or three and pick up a broadside or try for something else?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

broadsides would really help in this list. or maby even better a HH with a rail gun. it more dual purpose then the broadsides since you face non MEQ units, and that pie plate is killer to anything with a 4+ save or worse. it even gives MEQ's a run for their money. and you get that important anti tank ability.
    Never give up. Never give up. HIT, HIT, HIT, HIT!

Semper Paratus

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Any high AV tank will hurt you. Land Raiders, Leman Russ, enemy Hammerheads, even Eldar Falcons and the likes will be a pain to bring down with your current setup.

That said, kudos to you for having one of the more unique Tau lists ever. I like it, in general.

However, I have to ask... Disruption Pods... why? Decoy Launchers will be much nicer to have, and if you have the points, setting up a Devilfish or two as the "Warfish" setup will add some more anti-GEQ firepower.

Overall though, I like it. Just be wary of tanks, you'll have to get a lucky shot on their side AV.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
    Well originally the deathrains were sunforges, but I altered them so I could stay back and shoot with twice as many high strength shots; albiet at a lower strengh. So what do you all think, swap the deathrains back to sunforgesor swap one for a sunforge and keep the other a deathrain? Also, you all think I should drop the stealths down by two or three and pick up a broadside or try for something else?
    Im not big on small stealth squads. So my advice would be either go big or go home (with the stealths anyway). It's really a one or the other option with them. For me i would drop em and grab a couple of Helios pattern suits, but you don't like the plasma, so yeah i guess sun forges. I would keep both death rain (put em in one squad with a team leader and a TA to fire at different units) and grab two more suits in monat style with some form of heavier "don't worry i can kill that monolith" weapons. This would add to your theme a little, its very fluffy for farsight enclave (especially Helios or sunforge pattern suits as they are nice and close up and in your face aggressive).

Oh, and whats the theory behind the Burst cannon, Missile pod Shas'el. What would his role be in the game, how would you use him. Who is he designed to kill/protect/support.

Just my fifty cents.
    Dave
    I don't care what you say. I found a lightsaber in my garage and that makes me a Jedi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by aussiedave View Post
    Oh, and whats the theory behind the Burst cannon, Missile pod Shas'el. What would his role be in the game, how would you use him. Who is he designed to kill/protect/support.
    Simple actually; I am a great fan of making as much use of that high ballistic skill as possible. Its one of the other reasons I am not the greatest fan of plasma on the suits (other than the low number of shots at such a high cost despite how good they may be) especially on commanders.

So my thing with the burst cannon and missile launcher is getting five fairly powerful shots at BS5, capable of taking on high toughness models, groups of lower toughness models, or light armour. This particular suit is designed to go after light tanks/transports in the early turns, where it is not in range with the burst cannon, and then switches over to squad hunting once it can get the burst cannon in range. (Hey against your average GEQ this guy kills off an average of about 3-4 or 2-3 when in cover.)

As for the rest of your post, well heres my revised list:

HQ:
    Shas'el

Shas'el

Elites:
    2x Shas'ui
    Deathrain weapons
    Shas'vre
    Deathrain weapons; target lock; bonding knife

Shas'ui
    Sunforge weapons

Troops:
    8x Firewarriors
    shas'ui; bonding knife
    Devilfish
    Decoy launchers

8x Firewarriors
    shas'ui; bonding knife
    Devilfish
    Decoy launchers

8x Firewarriors
    shas'ui; bonding knife
    Devilfish
    Decoy launchers

Heavy Support:
    Broadside Battlesuit

Total: 995

First, since I'm doing a farsight enclave and am sticking to the breakaway faction rules; chances are some of you may have guessed by the firewarrior squads that I'm also following the blood brother rule as well. (Where every squad has a bonding knife, albiet not for free here.) So the bonding knife on the deathrain team is going to be staying with them.

Also, Nemesis, I looked into the warfish setup and if I saw right, I'd do it if not for the lack of points. (Well I'd try for the smart missile systems anyway, but I'd need an extra 40-55 points for that.) Though I did swap out the disruption pods for decoy launchers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast