Master Shaper Equipment - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

Master Shaper Equipment

I'm going to be building a kroot mercs army over the next few weeks and I wanted to hear what everyone thought the optimal master shaper equipment load out would be.

He's one of the only units that can have ranged anti-tank (aside from krootoxes) so I'm thinking along the lines of:
    Kroothawk totem
    Wings
    Power weapon
    Meltagun with veneration charm
    Mark of the favored child

like that he's 146 pts but as kroothawk totem is pretty much a required expense he's only 121pts

thoughts?

The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Looks good, very similar to ==My== own Master Shaper:yes:
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

188 (x4)

I've been thinking about this for a bit and a cheaper alternative would be something like this

Master shaper:
    Wings
    Eviscerator
    Kroothawk totem

comes out to 103 (78 without Kroothawk). This basically reduces him to a vehicle hunting torpedo, but 4 S8+2D6 attacks that auto hit if you can get in first turn will kill just about anything short of a monolith or uber-falcon.

Just a thought...
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

I would never give my Master Shaper an eviserator why? Well he is the fastest kroot in your army don't slow him down!
    I fine that he is good with kroot hound squads. So that would save you 10 points unless you use vultures a lot. Also if he is with another squad he won't need the mark of favored child, so that is more points making him a little less costly.
    Prey they don't take you alive

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

188 (x4)

looking over the kroot merc list there's plenty of stuff to kill troops in CC. Every hidden shaper has just as many attacks but doesn't have to worry about low I due to being hidden, so I don't see not using the MS's higher I as a huge loss. What I do see is that the MS is the cheapest way to get a Kroothawk Totem and if given an eviscerator and wings can hunt just about any non-dread vehicle in CC.

A meltagun needs to be within 6" to be most effective and at that range you could be charging and getting 4 S8+2D6 attacks with an eviscerator instead of 1 shot with the melta gun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs_n_Orks View Post
    looking over the kroot merc list there's plenty of stuff to kill troops in CC. Every hidden shaper has just as many attacks but doesn't have to worry about low I due to being hidden, so I don't see not using the MS's higher I as a huge loss. What I do see is that the MS is the cheapest way to get a Kroothawk Totem and if given an eviscerator and wings can hunt just about any non-dread vehicle in CC.

A meltagun needs to be within 6" to be most effective and at that range you could be charging and getting 4 S8+2D6 attacks with an eviscerator instead of 1 shot with the melta gun.
    Yes but than he is all alone. You don't want to lose him then. Kroot hounds with shapers with eviscerator is much better. The difference from having I4 to striking last is huge! He can now be killed before he gets any attacks. By anything.
    Prey they don't take you alive

+ Reply to Thread