Cheap efficient 2000 pts friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheap efficient 2000 pts friendly

I want an army thats cheap, but well rounded. With some limited funds I plan on making a fully functional 2000pts army for only $300. It starts with 2 battleforces, 2 monoliths, and a lord. Take 10 of the warriors and clip off their guns. Take another 10 warriors and add the second gun to the first one. Model some large shoulder pads and BAM, cheap effective Immortals. So here is the list. I have played with necrons before, but not with a list like this. What I am looking for is comments on what strategys to use and Which opponents will I have the most trouble with.

HQ: Lord; Res Orb, VoD

Elite: Immortals; X10

Troops: Warriors; X36
    There is some play here and I need a suggestion. Should I spread them out with 3 units of 12 or go with 2 units of 18.

FA: Scarabs; 1X7, 1X6

Destroyers; X5

Heavy: Monolith; X2

Comes to 2004 pts for a hair over $300

Tyranids: 4000
    Tau: 725

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ: Lord; Res Orb, VoD
    This is great, I like the Vod, it's, imo, the second best piece of wargear next to the resorb.

Elite: Immortals; X10
    Again good choice, I see you're going with the flying circus list. I'd like to see these once you build them just to see how they turned out. What are you gonna do with the extra necron bodies?

Troops: Warriors; X36
    Not a bad number, I'd have to say 3 squads of 12 because they are albeit more resilient. It's also more flexible, which is what you want in a flying circus army.

FA: Scarabs; 1X7, 1X6
    Scarabs are great for tying up units, but they die easily, keep'em hidden, then pounce.

Destroyers; X5
    Again a necessity and a good choice. These add to the mobility and are great for those pesky light infantry. I like to make my friends roll for marine saves over and over again, eventually hey lose out. But go for the priorities first.

Heavy: Monolith; X2
    Crazy, I'm not the greatest fan of the lith, but I know it's powerful, How were you planning on deploying it? I always deep strike it (I have 1) because it's not gonna get killed when it lands near a unit, and it's durable. It's just a pain when you lose them to a few layscannon shots before you even get to move them.

So I think this is a great list, just heed the advice that I gave you and this may not be a friendly list...
    |T|O|O|-|L|A|Z|Y|-my anti-drug

The rep button () is your friend!

Be off-topic and visit www.theopia.com

Space Wolves (500) 6-0-3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    134 (x4)

Great list. You have a true flying circus build(very mobile): VoD-Lord w/Immortals, Destroyers, Scarabs, 2x'Liths for teleporting squads around, and (assuming you go with 3 squads instead of 2 as it is my opinion you should) a Warrior squad for the special Reserves rule to drop in unexpected. It is surprising the mobility you can get out of Necrons.

Quote Originally Posted by aetherguy881 View Post
    What are you gonna do with the extra necron bodies?
    This is funny you should ask as I have a suggestion. Having over 100 Warriors in my possession, 64 of which are fully painted, I had a need for some Flayed Ones. A long time ago, user Gojiratoho(where is he?) posted his Warrior to FO conversions and a couple of months ago I inquired about links back to a thread about these(for which I've provided in this message).

I say all this to mention that last night I just finished my first 10 converted FOs(I'll post images once I can get my camera to take some fair pictures). Thus, do the same. Buy some FO claws from GW and convert your Warriors. Now that I have 10 Gauss Rifles lying around, I'm going to bolster my Immortals count. Hope this helps.
    Karmoon: "well.. any kore = good kore" 12:35pm PST 23 May 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kore View Post
    I say all this to mention that last night I just finished my first 10 converted FOs(I'll post images once I can get my camera to take some fair pictures). Thus, do the same. Buy some FO claws from GW and convert your Warriors. Now that I have 10 Gauss Rifles lying around, I'm going to bolster my Immortals count. Hope this helps.
    This is exactly what I plan on doing. I think that I read the same post at some point. Since my list doesnt include FO I'll probably wait a while before I get the extra claws.

So about the list. I agree that three groups of warriors is best. From what I gather, this list should be pretty good. All for about $300, not a bad deal if you ask me. Thanks for the replys.
    Tyranids: 4000
    Tau: 725

+ Reply to Thread