1,500pts Hivefleet Gargantuan - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

1,500pts Hivefleet Gargantuan

Well, this is a list that I am thinking of making, Let me know if it is viable and any changes that could be done to make it more effective.

HQ

Hive Tyrant
    Glands (+1 I, +1 WS)
    Toxin Sacs
    Winged
    2x Scything Talons
    Warp Field

Hive Tyrant
    Enh. Senses
    Extended Carapace
    Toxin Sacs
    2x TL Devourers
    Warp Blast

Elites

Carnifex
    Enh. Senses
    2x TL Devourers

Carnifex
    Enh. Senses
    2x TL Devourers

Troops

16x Termagaunts
    Fleshborer

16x Termagaunts
    Fleshborer

16x Hormagaunts
    Toxin Sacs

16x Hormagaunts
    Toxin Sacs

Heavy Support

Carnifex
    Enh. Senses
    Reinforced Chitin
    Venom Cannon
    Barbed Strangler

Carnifex
    Enh. Senses
    Reinforced Chitin
    Venom Cannon
    Barbed Strangler

Total Points: 1,501 pts

Well there it is, any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

"I am the architect of fate!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

Hive Tyrant
    Glands (+1 I, +1 WS)
    Toxin Sacs
    Winged
    2x Scything Talons
    Warp Field
    I'd drop the glands and the toxin sacs just to cheapen him up some. He's hitting and wounding easy unless your planning on going up against genestealers with him he doesn't need the extra stuff.

Hive Tyrant
    Enh. Senses
    Extended Carapace
    Toxin Sacs
    2x TL Devourers
    Warp Blast
    Again drop the Toxin sacs you've got a reroll to wound so your going to be wounding easy. Also why did you give him warp blast, he's for anti-troop not anti-tank, you can't fire all three of those weapons a turn.

16x Hormagaunts
    Toxin Sacs

16x Hormagaunts
    Toxin Sacs
    Drop the toxin sacs here, get more gaunts. You don't need the sacs here your working with pure number of attacks, these guys are expensive enough.

The Elite and Heavy Fexes are fine. But your very light on synapse, you've got two very easy to kill points off synapse. I would drop the Elite fexes to get yourself either some Warriors made for assault or 2 Zoanthropes w/Warp Blast & Synapse. Additionally I would think about putting a squad of genestealers into this list. If you want to play a 'Nid Zilla list, rippers and Genestealers are your friends, rippers for the mass wounds to protect the stealers. And the Genestealers to do all the killing damage.

IMO.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x5)

Not a bad list, just lacking in a few areas.

@Pathofskulls- Always take Toxin Sacs on Tyrants and Hormagaunts. Tyrants will be able to insta-kill T3 ICs, allows you to wound MEQs on 2+ and brings your average AP from 12 to 13. Hormagaunts need to +1 strength. 16x will allow you 48 attacks, its a shame to waste them all on wounding MEQs on 5+. Its a difference between 12 wounds and 8 or 4 dead marines to 2.5. Toxin Sacs nearly double they're number of kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Demandred View Post
    Hive Tyrant
    Glands (+1 I, +1 WS)
    Toxin Sacs
    Winged
    2x Scything Talons
    Warp Field
    He is fine the way he is. With the adrenal glands he'll go before almost every other IC and hit on 3's.

Hive Tyrant
    Enh. Senses
    Extended Carapace
    Toxin Sacs
    2x TL Devourers
    Warp Blast
    A Devourer Tyrant sould be flying. One is enough in 1500pts. I'd drop this one for some Warriors to help out with your lack of synapse.

Carnifex
    Enh. Senses
    2x TL Devourers
    'Ole faithful, good choice.

Carnifex
    Enh. Senses
    2x TL Devourers
    One is good, two maybe too much. Maybe drop him for some Zoanthropes. Yet again they'll give you more synapse and Warp Blast will help with busting tanks.

16x Termagaunts
    Fleshborer

16x Termagaunts
    Fleshborer
    Good cannon fodder. If you need a few more points somewhere else, don't be afraid to pull a few off.

16x Hormagaunts
    Toxin Sacs

16x Hormagaunts
    Toxin Sacs
    Beautiful. I use the same thing. Always...ALWAYS give them toxin sacs, use them without it and you'll miss it.

Carnifex
    Enh. Senses
    Reinforced Chitin
    Venom Cannon
    Barbed Strangler

Carnifex
    Enh. Senses
    Reinforced Chitin
    Venom Cannon
    Barbed Strangler
    Very nice. I always make sure to take either Bonded Exoskeleton or Extended Carapace before Reinforced Chitin. If you can find the points, groovy, if not, they are good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

@Pathofskulls- Always take Toxin Sacs on Tyrants and Hormagaunts. Tyrants will be able to insta-kill T3 ICs, allows you to wound MEQs on 2+ and brings your average AP from 12 to 13. Hormagaunts need to +1 strength. 16x will allow you 48 attacks, its a shame to waste them all on wounding MEQs on 5+. Its a difference between 12 wounds and 8 or 4 dead marines to 2.5. Toxin Sacs nearly double they're number of kills.
    How do you figure that first part of insta-killing T3 ICs and wounding MEQs on 2+? The Toxin sacs just means that he stays strength 5, thats not enough to kill something T3 or wound MEQs on 2+. If these were deathspitters then I could see your point but there not.

As for the whole number of attacks with gaunts, that still only matters on how well you roll, you could roll the same or worse even with the sacs, why not put the points towards something better?

In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Pathofskulls View Post
    How do you figure that first part of insta-killing T3 ICs and wounding MEQs on 2+? The Toxin sacs just means that he stays strength 5, thats not enough to kill something T3 or wound MEQs on 2+. If these were deathspitters then I could see your point but there not.

As for the whole number of attacks with gaunts, that still only matters on how well you roll, you could roll the same or worse even with the sacs, why not put the points towards something better?
    Probally means in CC with the HT. Plus IMO always go with TS on a HT as you need all the wounds you can get out of a devour since it has no Ap. Plus on the HT with ST really needs to wound oppenents on 2+ with the few attacks it gets.

Also it all depends on the way you want to play your gaunts and I really don't see a problem with hormagaunts with TS (though I would if they went all out with TS, AG(I & WS) plus flesh hooks thats way too many points) though I mostly go with AG(WS&I) as you hit on 3+ and go before SM which IMO is more usefull but TS still have their uses.
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

I just never bothered with the hive tyrant, I'd rather just worry about my long range fexes, the one decoy I got, and run plenty of Warriors & Thropes for synapse. Hormagaunts, eh I'm currently proxying mine as spinegaunts, right now I prefer them as spinegaunts just because the mob reaches my opponent all at once and the giant swarm that covers him is usually too much to bear.

Additionally most good ICs w/a toughness of three that know they'll be assaulted before the game starts will take an Invulnerable save just inspite of hive tyrants with few attacks that way they strike back and perhaps kill. Or at least hold off the big guy till more help can come.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

172 (x7)

I would rather not lose any TMC's in this list because I'm really trying to go for a godzilla type list. If I do I think I could lose the Devourer Tyrant for either some Warriors or some Zoanthropes to add to synapse, I'm not really sure which would be better to have, so any suggestions on that would be usefull. With regards to teh toxin sacs on the Tyrant and Hormagaunts, I think I am going to leave them.

again though, If I do drop the non-winged Tyrant, what do you think I should replace him with? I think I need some more CC in this list, so maybe some Scything Talon/rending claw warriors?

any suggestions are appreciated.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

Well if you really want to keep all the TMCs then drop the flightless Hive tyrant for some Zoanthropes w/warp blast & synapse creature.

If you think your really that low on assaulting power, run more hormagaunts instead of termagants. You could put in another 19 Hormaguants then run them in squads of 17, or squads of 8 & 9 if you wanted to put more pressure on your opponent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

172 (x7)

I had thought maybe a squad of warriors would do well for synapse and they could help with CC also.

Whats peoples opinions on Warriors Vs. Zoanthropes for synapse? and what are good warrior brood builds. As in brood size and loadout.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

Whats peoples opinions on Warriors Vs. Zoanthropes for synapse? and what are good warrior brood builds. As in brood size and loadout.
    I run three different squads of 3, one assault squad w/rending claws and scything talons, EC and leaping then, my other two squads one w/two devourers and a barbed strangler and the basics for them and then the other squad has a venom cannon and deathspitters. That way I've got anti-troop and anti-light tanks.

Now as far as which is better, depends, thropes got better saves and are thus harder to kill, while Warriors are slightly more vulnerable. I've yet to use thropes, but plan to once I get enough money to buy one.

+ Reply to Thread